IGNORED

France v England (Merged)

BCFC1512

Fair play to anyone who watched tonight. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch England outside of the Euros/World Cup. Boring doesn't even cover it. 

Think the last time I was genuinely excited to watch England play was Euro 2004. Been worse year on year ever since.  

The tempo is way too slow , always is with England . Ox is  never a cm imo . Lack of movement throughout the team . Trying to pass out from the back which players at that level should have no trouble with but they do. Constantly giving the ball away . Very poor . 

The argument of players being tired , especially due too how hard physically the prem is , is valid. So why have clubs like spurs and Liverpool gone on end of season tours and England play a meaningless friendly in June. We just don't help ourselves. 

Didn't watch it - forgot it was on - and only just checked in to this thread. Absolutely no interest in England football - but reading some of the comments it all sounds so predictable and familiar and reminds me why I gave up on supporting England years ago. The sooner the season starts again, the sooner England football can be forgotten about.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

The tempo is way too slow , always is with England . Ox is  never a cm imo . Lack of movement throughout the team . Trying to pass out from the back which players at that level should have no trouble with but they do. Constantly giving the ball away . Very poor . 

The argument of players being tired , especially due too how hard physically the prem is , is valid. So why have clubs like spurs and Liverpool gone on end of season tours and England play a meaningless friendly in June. We just don't help ourselves. 

Lallana had a good game first 80 minutes...

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes. Pogba looked absolutely knackered. 

Don't be an apologist. We're crap. Mentally and physically second-rate. 

Class teams just take us apart, crap teams out-fight us. Pathetic, truly pathetic from a bunch of over-paid premodonas who think they're doing us a favour for turning out for their Country.  No pride, no passion.

7 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If it hadn't been for a harsh red card I suspect France would have got four or five. Would be very hopeful for the future if I was French. Same old depressingly predictable weaknesses in the England team. Rather than progress we are going backwards.

We delude ourselves into thinking we're on a par with France, Germany Spain, Italy and better than Croatia, Portugal but truth is we're not even close. 

Just now, Moor2Sea said:

Yes. Pogba looked absolutely knackered. 

Don't be an apologist. We're crap. Mentally and physically second-rate. 

Class teams just take us apart, crap teams out-fight us. Pathetic, truly pathetic from a bunch of over-paid premodonas who think they're doing us a favour for turning out for their Country.  No pride, no passion.

... but really good tattoos

12 minutes ago, yardy said:

Is it to early for Southgate out?

How Southgate got in still has me stumped tbh. 

Shows how poor England are as a team, when the best man for the job won next to nothing as a player (not sure if he was part of the villa squad that won the league cup all those years ago, or whether that was before his time), and his best managerial accomplishments at club football include managing Middlesbrough....

He also has the personality of a stick insect.

Jesus, I actually think I prefer Lee Johnson as a manager :blink:

I'm 46 and the only time things have been better for England are when events have interfered with normality.  3 tournaments:-

1986 - Robson injured and Wilkins sent off forced Bobby Robson to change the whole approach and we immediately improved.

1990 - Player power forced Robson to change to 3 5 2 and we immediately improved..

1996 - No qualification needed.  Venables had 2 years to prepare and he knew what he was doing...

Normality is failure, incompetence and delusion..

38 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Certainly was, the Mexican wave was on the other side of the stadium before she worked out what was going on

Just got back: Quite simply no midfield. Pogba and Kante made us look silly. Both keepers played well as did Kane. Sterling was positionally excellent but lack final product and seemed to panic bar the opening goal.

However my MOTM was Phil Jones who covered for our non existant midfield, put in some great tackles and last ditch touches. Should never have been shafted to  right back.

Archived