IGNORED

Online Store - what's going on?

Juan Perro

While I understand the lack of things to buy is because of the change over from old stock to new, I do find it strange & a bit old fashioned that we still have this happen.

How long have the club known that we were going to be having a new kit for 2017/18 & for every following season for that matter?

So why do we get this situation every year? How many 'high street' shops do you see 3/4's empty because they are changing over the seasons wear?

Why do we seemingly leave it until the last minute to design & then manufacture our new seasons merchandise? Does no one connected with the club really not think there will be a new kit released every season?

Do we seriously employ people to only seemingly do their job for the last couple of months of the season / the summer?

Why can't we in affect have all of this decided by Christmas & then they have 5 months or so to put the final touches to designs & can get the merchandise made & put into the shop & online store even before the new season has finished & that will allow supporters to purchase whatever they want in plenty of time for their summer holidays etc.

We are in affect losing money while paying staff to also seemingly do nothing. It all seems a little 1980's to me!

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

While I understand the lack of things to buy is because of the change over from old stock to new, I do find it strange & a bit old fashioned that we still have this happen.

How long have the club known that we were going to be having a new kit for 2017/18 & for every following season for that matter?

So why do we get this situation every year? How many 'high street' shops do you see 3/4's empty because they are changing over the seasons wear?

Why do we seemingly leave it until the last minute to design & then manufacture our new seasons merchandise? Does no one connected with the club really not think there will be a new kit released every season?

Do we seriously employ people to only seemingly do their job for the last couple of months of the season / the summer?

Why can't we in affect have all of this decided by Christmas & then they have 5 months or so to put the final touches to designs & can get the merchandise made & put into the shop & online store even before the new season has finished & that will allow supporters to purchase whatever they want in plenty of time for their summer holidays etc.

We are in affect losing money while paying staff to also seemingly do nothing. It all seems a little 1980's to me!

You can't compare a shop on the high street to a web site,

however you do see it on website or you see the site taken down for maintenance all the time

we won't be losing money ether if some one wants something they will by it

30 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

You can't compare a shop on the high street to a web site,

however you do see it on website or you see the site taken down for maintenance all the time

we won't be losing money ether if some one wants something they will by it

Well either way we don't have the merchandise in the shop & we don't have it online, high street stores will make sure all new stock is put out overnight ready for the next day & online stores will in affect only be down for 1 day at most although this is avoidable.

People will want to purchase new kits & training wear to show off on their holidays, they may not be too bothered about showing it off here after they've been on their holidays & what about those City fans from abroad that visit during the summer & wish to take the latest kit back to wherever they live?

For instance I have a brother that lives in America, he's English but he has 2 kids to his American wife, if we visit him we try to take the latest kits over for all the family or if they visit here they like to purchase it themselves but effectively from February / March time through to late July / August it's pointless or impossible to purchase a new kit or merchandise & it's so expensive to ship it, we no longer even attempt to ship it so they have to go without.

I'm sure my family isn't the only one who has a similar issue, so the club are missing out on money & in my view 5 or 6 months with none or little stock is ridiculous in today's economic world.

We technically make our kits & merchandise ourself (Bristol Sport), so we don't have to join a que while Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid or Barcelona have their kits designed & made in front of us, we have Bristol City, Bristol Rugby, Bristol City Women & Bristol Basketball to worry about!! No disrespect to any of them but I doubt a lot of merchandise is made for the women's team or the Basketball team, so we have 2 teams to really get it right for & we can't!!

If the club is losing £1, It's £1 too much, we aren't a world renowned club or brand, we can't rely on millions of sells throughout the world or you can't purchase our merchandise through sports shops throughout the country or world!! We have one shop in one country to get it right & we don't!!

We have a financial genius in charge of the club but it seems like he's employed a bunch of monkeys to sale his brand (no offence meant to monkeys)!

Sorry but I don't see this as acceptable & if you do then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree!

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

For **** sake people moan at anything 

Sorry Monkeh but I'm with the moaners on this occasion. The club have all season to sort out the new gear, there are no excuses for it not being ready until the back end of June/July. True it's not a humongous issue but it's just one example of the club needlessly irritating some fans off the pitch. In that area we are still a long way off where we should be.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

For **** sake people moan at anything 

But any extra income can go towards team strengthening & help with FFP!

It may only be small amounts right now but if we can't get it right with one shop in one country, how do we ever envisage getting in right if we ever grow as a club?

How much money does the sell of club merchandise make for clubs throughout the world? It is a multimillion / billion pound business & we're benefiting by just a couple of thousand pounds & all because we can't get the merchandise ready early enough!!

Sorry if you think it's okay for the club to miss out on revenue but I'd say we're hardly in a financial position to pay staff to do nothing for months & to possibly miss out on any money coming in for a few months! I thought that part of the reason for this stadium upgrade was so that the club was making the most of any possible money income especially when there was no football (and now) or rugby on.

How many people visit the club for business (using the conference facilities etc) & then think while they're at Ashton Gate they'll have a look in the shop or people who just happen to be passing & think they'll pop in & buy something? But from March to possibly August there is nothing for them to buy & they won't be in the area again or using the conference facilities again so won't be buying anything in the future!

The club moan about utilising the facilities so it's not only used on match days but if you visit the shop on a non-match day there isn't anything to buy for nigh on 5 months!

I'm glad the club have now apparently become so big that they can afford to not worry about receiving customers money for about 5 months of the year, I must of blinked & missed when we became so big we can turn money away!

Let's keep potentially looking at signing Plymouth players with no Championship experience because we can't afford to sign players that are Championship ready while we keep raking in the money! Oh no wait, we're not rolling in money are we?!?

And while kids aren't able to wear City shirts around Bristol, Mum goes & gets them a Premier League clubs shirt from Sports Direct or such like & then we end with threads on here complaining about the amount of Premier League shirt wearing kids & the lack of City shirts being seen throughout Bristol!

18 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But any extra income can go towards team strengthening & help with FFP!

It may only be small amounts right now but if we can't get it right with one shop in one country, how do we ever envisage getting in right if we ever grow as a club?

How much money does the sell of club merchandise make for clubs throughout the world? It is a multimillion / billion pound business & we're benefiting by just a couple of thousand pounds & all because we can't get the merchandise ready early enough!!

Sorry if you think it's okay for the club to miss out on revenue but I'd say we're hardly in a financial position to pay staff to do nothing for months & to possibly miss out on any money coming in for a few months! I thought that part of the reason for this stadium upgrade was so that the club was making the most of any possible money income especially when there was no football (and now) or rugby on.

How many people visit the club for business (using the conference facilities etc) & then think while they're at Ashton Gate they'll have a look in the shop or people who just happen to be passing & think they'll pop in & buy something? But from March to possibly August there is nothing for them to buy & they won't be in the area again or using the conference facilities again so won't be buying anything in the future!

The club moan about utilising the facilities so it's not only used on match days but if you visit the shop on a non-match day there isn't anything to buy for nigh on 5 months!

I'm glad the club have now apparently become so big that they can afford to not worry about receiving customers money for about 5 months of the year, I must of blinked & missed when we became so big we can turn money away!

Let's keep potentially looking at signing Plymouth players with no Championship experience because we can't afford to sign players that are Championship ready while we keep raking in the money! Oh no wait, we're not rolling in money are we?!?

Wasting your time mate. Some people won't hear a bad word said against the club, despite the evidence staring them in the face.

And the club obviously don't give a rats, or the merchandise would be ready for the start of pre season.

As with our ticketing problems, there is a rank amateur streak running right through the centre of the club, but nothing ever changes.

It's a valid point. I made a trip down there last week to see if I could get some training wear for holidays. Nothing in stock at all, meant Sports Direct got my money instead. That's not money I'll wait to spend when next kit comes in, it's directly gone to another store

5 hours ago, glynriley said:

Wasting your time mate. Some people won't hear a bad word said against the club, despite the evidence staring them in the face.

And the club obviously don't give a rats, or the merchandise would be ready for the start of pre season.

As with our ticketing problems, there is a rank amateur streak running right through the centre of the club, but nothing ever changes.

It may well be.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It may well be.

I've probably worded that wrong. I mean it should be ready now, in the off season. No reason at all, with the kit being manufactured in house, that it should not be on sale as soon as the season finished. 

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

What, on God's green earth, is an 'anthem jacket'

Any hipsters out there who can explain it to me?

I'm not hip, but as I understand it from the Urban dictionary, anthem when used stylistically means 'theme', i.e. an anthem jacket is a themed jacket, in our case Bristol City. Nearly every football club, and other sports outlets, sell them.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

What, on God's green earth, is an 'anthem jacket'

Any hipsters out there who can explain it to me?

In theory it is what the player wears during the National Anthems

No idea how that equates to our level - but basically means this is what the players will walk out in, then remove after the handshakes

20 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm not hip, but as I understand it from the Urban dictionary, anthem when used stylistically means 'theme', i.e. an anthem jacket is a themed jacket, in our case Bristol City. Nearly every football club, and other sports outlets, sell them.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

In theory it is what the player wears during the National Anthems

No idea how that equates to our level - but basically means this is what the players will walk out in, then remove after the handshakes

Got ya!

Just threw me that you can get a name / number on it, the players don't have personalised tops for this, do they?

1 hour ago, LC_ said:

I fear for the sanity of anyone who buys that purple jacket, the away shirt is bad enough but why would anyone choose to look like Barney the Dinosaur? See those hashtags haven't f***** off yet either

Well said. In Europe teams like Benfica and Ajax have classy bomber style plain red anthem jackets with club crests and a little Adidas logo. Smart gear, sort of stuff you could actually wear out.

Our 'anthem jacket' is absolutely vile. And if anyone pays £55 to wear something that hideous then God knows what the future has in store for our nation...

• Admin
1 hour ago, LC_ said:

I fear for the sanity of anyone who buys that purple jacket, the away shirt is bad enough but why would anyone choose to look like Barney the Dinosaur? See those hashtags haven't f***** off yet either

Exclusive look at the winter jumper range coming soon

Image result for barney dinosaur coat

Archived