IGNORED

Time to end the tammy love in?

The Humble Realist

First things first....I love tammy....he served us so well last season and kept us up with his goals last year....

However....he is gone now. ..in fact he was never ours to begin with yet he is talked about as if he is still ours! The website still releases news (I know it's slow news season) e.g. him being called up to the under 21s world cup when he has nothing to do with us anymore 

I guess the point I'm making is I feel we need to move on from tammy now (in terms of day to day discussion) and focus on how we replace him etc and the ACTUAL players at the club ...although as I said I do wish him an enormous amount of the best of luck !

Fair point?

I'm not sure what 'moving on' means in this context.  He's a former player, and given how many goals he scored for us I suspect most of us will continue to follow his career.  I'm always prepared to discuss former City players, so if 'moving on' implies not doing that, I hope we don't.

After all, people are still talking about Djiekanowski on this forum (and look how much good he did for the club!)

'Moving on'?  Just psychobabble, like 'coming to terms with it'.

No he was our player for one season, he always gave 100% always played with a smile and tried to play fairly,

he is going on to big things but I will never forget him much like Andy cole,

long may the love in continue,

what cant happen is people use him as a bench mark for the sort of players we should be signing

I'm waiting to see if he gives us a nice mention in his autobiography, unlike Cole

I'm all for moving on. He done great, he's left a lasting impression on all of us, but he's looking for a fitter bird

Doesn't mean I won't keep an eye on his career with a keener eye than most players, but it's over. This is in no way as devastating as when Super Bob left. Maybe something to do with the fact I was 19/20 when that happened, I suspect

If I spent a year going out with Kate Upton, would I shut up about it after she dumps me?

It's not very often that this club gets to celebrate the opportunity to turn a kid with no professional football into one of the most promising prospects from this league. It's also rare for that kid to be a genuinely nice guy and supportive of the club for giving him this opportunity.

If he does succeed in the Premier League, assuming that's where he'll be, then I imagine most Bristol City fans will still talk fondly of him. If he plays for England, we'll probably be as insufferable as the Gas are whenever Rickie Lambert is mentioned.

5 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

If I spent a year going out with Kate Upton, would I shut up about it after she dumps me?

It's not very often that this club gets to celebrate the opportunity to turn a kid with no professional football into one of the most promising prospects from this league. It's also rare for that kid to be a genuinely nice guy and supportive of the club for giving him this opportunity.

If he does succeed in the Premier League, assuming that's where he'll be, then I imagine most Bristol City fans will still talk fondly of him. If he plays for England, we'll probably be as insufferable as the Gas are whenever Rickie Lambert is mentioned.

What when he thanked Rochdale and Southampton after scoring for England?!

Firstly, he is available on loan potentially and we have our hat in the ring - it may be a small one designed for a tiny weeny head but whilst he has not agreed to go elsewhere it is a chance.  So he is still current news until that changes.

Secondly, as others have covered to different extents - he is an ex-player (albeit on loan) and we will want to discuss his highs and lows and in betweens like any other previous player and draw comparisons, benchmarks etc.

What I do agree with is that the official site needs to leave him out of the new pages in terms of what is happeing outside of the immediate club.  But maybe, they consider they should not draw that line until the chances of re-signing have completely gone as not to appear disinterested? 

Certainly once/if he signes for Brighton or Newcastle, I would not expect to see anything but a last goodbye and thanks for the memories on official site, but, I still hope to see his name in dicussions onhere.

It's not like it's 2 years down the line and the official site is still mentioning him.. He played his last game for us a month ago. I think it's perfectly acceptable to still mention what he is doing as the club has played some part in helping him into the squad for the competition.

Agree with Buckeye.  A match report on a Sunday is ' yesterday's news' and Tammy played for us last month so why not?

It also reminds us how good a scouting, coaching and management team we have that made his development more high profile in the media than any other player we can remember 

Lets have another one!

He's been called up as a result of his performances for us, I think a fair few City fans would be interested in hearing that he'd been called up so don't see what the issue is. If it continues into next season then yes, but for now it has a direct relation to how he did for us. 

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

No he was our player for one season, he always gave 100% always played with a smile and tried to play fairly,

he is going on to big things but I will never forget him much like Andy cole,

long may the love in continue,

what cant happen is people use him as a bench mark for the sort of players we should be signing

I'd contest that.

He didn't throw himself around on the floor, but there were several subtle uses of his hand to control the ball.

But when he learnt from Drogba at Chelsea, what else was to be expected?

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd contest that.

He didn't throw himself around on the floor, but there were several subtle uses of his hand to control the ball.

But when he learnt from Drogba at Chelsea, what else was to be expected?

How to Charitable and humble in defeat maybe?

Just now, Neo said:

Charitable? Humble in defeat maybe

Perhaps. But his frustration when we didn't win was always visible.

I believe he said in an interview, or Johnson mentioned it, but Tammy hates it when he doesn't score, let alone lose.

But I wouldn't necessarily say he was a bad loser, he wouldn't kick off or have an argument, but he wasn't happy to lose a game.

The Andy Cole analogy is a good one. We were privileged to have Tammy here for a year and just like Cole I will always look out for how he`s doing. I do the same for any player who deserves it - Bradley or Darren Barnard for instance.

I`m really looking forward to the U21s over the next few weeks and I doubt I would be as much if Tammy (and Gustav) weren`t going to be there.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Isn't he technically still ours until 1st July?

Don't think so, he was never 'ours' as such being a Chelsea player. We had him on loan until the last match of the season which sadly wasn't the playoffs.

Archived