IGNORED

Harry Arter - Worth a read

Super

• Admin

A very harrowing read and certainly humanises him. That will stay with him the rest of his life and is something no one should have to ever go through. 

Cant help but think his teammates stepped up their performance that little beat more to win that Utd game for his little girl. 

I'm a huge fan of the Players Tribune. Nearly every football article on there is thought-provoking, and humanising of players you assume are on another level to you and me.

This is probably my favourite article, and it's great to see Arter articulate what has to be one of our greatest fears. It's not only gut-wrenching, but inspirational to see him dig his way out of such a dark place, and ensuring that his first-born daughters name and legacy remains.

This month is the Stillbirth and Neo-Natal Death Society's (Sands) baby-loss awareness month. On average, 15 babies die every day in the UK before, during or shortly after birth. The more awareness there is around this the more, hopefully, can be done to help reduce this heartbreaking figure. Feel free to share the attached on social media and help support the #15babiesaday initiative. 

https://www.sands.org.uk/get-involved/15-babies-day

If anybody wants any more info you are welcome to PM me. 

Very moving and certainly puts everything else into perspective. Respect to Harry Arter for telling his story in such an open and honest way about something that would be our worst nightmare. I will certainly be giving my daughter an extra hug today. :sad26:

Archived