IGNORED

Guernsey Pre Season game

Super

Just now, phantom said:

Could easily fly back in time 

Could but you're then playing twice in 2 days, given its the first 2 games of pre season that's a bit of a stretch. We then have 2 midweek games in two days as well. I expect we'll then mix and match squads for the two sets of games

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Could but you're then playing twice in 2 days, given its the first 2 games of pre season that's a bit of a stretch. We then have 2 midweek games in two days as well. I expect we'll then mix and match squads for the two sets of games

Not being funny, but it's hardly far if you fly (:laugh:) - I flew to Jersey from Oxford for work, it's an hour or so?  Mind you, the plane was a funking terrifying little thing :shocking:

7 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Not being funny, but it's hardly far if you fly (:laugh:) - I flew to Jersey from Oxford for work, it's an hour or so?  Mind you, the plane was a funking terrifying little thing :shocking:

The flying isn't anything to do with it, its the putting players through 2 games in 2 days (even if not whole games) for the first games of pre season. 

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

The flying isn't anything to do with it, its the putting players through 2 games in 2 days (even if not whole games) for the first games of pre season. 

I expect Bristol Manor Farm game will include youth players. Sure SL will want the first team out in Guernsey.

11 minutes ago, Super said:

I expect Bristol Manor Farm game will include youth players. Sure SL will want the first team out in Guernsey.

I'm sure both games will be a mush mash of players, youth, senior & a couple of trialists, with 11 subs per game, just to give everyone a bit of a run out to blow away the cobwebs. 

I'm sure professional footballers can cope with 90 mins of football, spread over 2 days! 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure both games will be a mush mash of players, youth, senior & a couple of trialists, with 11 subs per game, just to give everyone a bit of a run out to blow away the cobwebs. 

I'm sure professional footballers can cope with 90 mins of football, spread over 2 days! 

You're forgetting the after party at the Lansdown mansion after! :drunk2:

http://www.guernseyfc.com/the-club

Guernsey Football Club was formed in 2011 to offer the island's elite footballers the opportunity to progress and test themselves on a regular basis outside of the Channel Islands. The proposal to establish the club and seek to join the English national league pyramid system was developed by the Guernsey Football Association in an attempt to further advance development opportunities for the island's current and future players by playing at higher levels on a regular basis.

We are an independent, community amateur football club which play in the Ryman Isthmian League Division One South at Step Four on English football's non-league pyramid system. The club is owned and run for the benefit of the local Guernsey community and it plays its home games at the Footes Lane Stadium. Last season the club finished 13th in their division with home attendances of 600 - 800.

1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

Isn't there a ferry to Guernsey from mainland.( Weymouth),I Can't fly.

They have aircraft departing from Bristol I should think. 

Don't worry, you are not alone in having a restricted ability to soar through the sky..! 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

http://www.guernseyfc.com/the-club

Guernsey Football Club was formed in 2011 to offer the island's elite footballers the opportunity to progress and test themselves on a regular basis outside of the Channel Islands. The proposal to establish the club and seek to join the English national league pyramid system was developed by the Guernsey Football Association in an attempt to further advance development opportunities for the island's current and future players by playing at higher levels on a regular basis.

We are an independent, community amateur football club which play in the Ryman Isthmian League Division One South at Step Four on English football's non-league pyramid system. The club is owned and run for the benefit of the local Guernsey community and it plays its home games at the Footes Lane Stadium. Last season the club finished 13th in their division with home attendances of 600 - 800.

That`s not half bad for that level.

16 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It will obviously be one team in Guernsey and one against manor farm . Mixed between first team and academy . It's not rocket surgery to work that out ;)

"One Team in Guernsey, there's only one team in Guernsey...and they're all rela-a-a-a-ted..."

10 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Is this proof SL is too lazy to come to games?

Is the match going to be played on his tennis court to save him getting the Rolls out for the evening?

FFS.

tfj

Brilliant.  As Mrs L takes plates of cucumber sandwiches across the lawn to the young men, Lord Landsdown invites his neighbours over to check out one of his toys, a football club

Archived