IGNORED

Going to football on your tod...

Lordofthebling

Just now, Taxi for Johnson said:

I feel bad -

- this was an OK thread, and it's totally trashed.

I would like to apologise to the OP. Don't expect BigTone will say sorry.

tfj

I apologise that TFJ commented on this thread and made a big penis out of himself ............................ quite normal really.

Just now, BigTone said:

I apologise that TFJ commented on this thread and made a big penis out of himself ............................ quite normal really.

Not sure you are allowed to say 'big penis' on OTIB at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

Kids will be logging on now.

:nono:

tfj

3 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Proof Bristol City has a soft underbelly.

Have a f******g word with yourself.

:punish:

tfj

2 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I feel bad -

- this was an OK thread, and it's totally trashed.

I would like to apologise to the OP. Don't expect BigTone will say sorry.

tfj

So basically, you accuse me and Bristol City (apparently) of having a soft underbelly over expressing an emotion, and then apologise for hijacking the thread... :clapping:

I'm confused, but I have been around the block to know you are on the fish.  

Butttttttttttttttttttttttt when I do get my season ticket, can I come and sit near you because the banter you must have with those around you must be electric.  :chant6ez:

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

So basically, you accuse me and Bristol City (apparently) of having a soft underbelly over expressing an emotion, and then apologise for hijacking the thread... :clapping:

I'm confused, but I have been around the block to know you are on the fish.  

Butttttttttttttttttttttttt when I do get my season ticket, can I come and sit near you because the banter you must have with those around you must be electric.  :chant6ez:

I'm sure there are plenty of empty seats…:fear:

I go to probably about 80% of games on my own, i occasionally drag a mate along but mostly i go on my own due to my mates supporting big clubs and as im from south somerset generally if they support a local team its yeovil. If i always waited on my mates i would almost never go. I even sing on my own :sad26:. The way i look at it is its football, it's a social thing to me so i generally talk to others around me about the game anyway. 

On 16/06/2017 at 21:15, South Somerset Red said:

I go to probably about 80% of games on my own, i occasionally drag a mate along but mostly i go on my own due to my mates supporting big clubs and as im from south somerset generally if they support a local team its yeovil. If i always waited on my mates i would almost never go. I even sing on my own :sad26:. The way i look at it is its football, it's a social thing to me so i generally talk to others around me about the game anyway. 

Ahhhh!

More soft underbelly ...................

:yawn:

tfj

My ST is just for me as my mate wont buy one. He is a member of the FB and pays his money for that. Due to the reconstruction of the ground I have moved around the last few years and thought I was settled in the Lansdown last season but have had to move again. I get a seat where there are a few 'empties' around me so he can book to sit by or near me. I have always made friends around wherever I sit as after all we are all City fans and after 2 or 3 matches, talk about the club really gets going. On your tod.....never as a City supporter :city:

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

My ST is just for me as my mate wont buy one. He is a member of the FB and pays his money for that. Due to the reconstruction of the ground I have moved around the last few years and thought I was settled in the Lansdown last season but have had to move again. I get a seat where there are a few 'empties' around me so he can book to sit by or near me. I have always made friends around wherever I sit as after all we are all City fans and after 2 or 3 matches, talk about the club really gets going. On your tod.....never as a City supporter :city:

Out of interest, why have you been moved from the Lansdown?

32 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Out of interest, why have you been moved from the Lansdown?

Still in Lansdown, same block but the flag wavers have taken over my spot, dont mind as sitting further back now away from the weather !!!!:colder:

Look.

I've been to matches on my own over the years - it's no big deal.

Surely you are going for the football, not just the crack?

One advantage of going on your own is not having to have someones elses opinion rammed down your throat to and from the game.

We are one big happy BCFC family.

:hug:

tfj

48 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Isn't the whole point of watching BRISTOL CITY, the real answer. Whether your on your own or with friends just the thought of watching City and being at Ashton Gate is the experience you go for.

In America you would be allowed to take your pet with you.

'Emotional support animals' they are called.

You and your golden retriever at the game - now WHAT could be nicer than that*?

:thumbsup:

tfj

* You, Andrea Leadsom AND your golden retriever??

Yep , don't particularly love it but with my lad having numerous exams over the last year or two I've done it a few times . After next season he's off to uni so I'd better get used to it .  The pint on your own is the weird bit, you feel incredibly unpopular !! Once inside though , makes no difference at all . 

On 2017-6-15 at 20:02, Lordofthebling said:

Well that's it, life is over.

On and off season ticket holder for a good few years. Once upon a time there were ten of us who regularly went to the gate, then a few moved away and it turned to five, and finally the last of my mates has now just said he can't renew his ticket as they've just had a baby...

I can't not go to the gate. And I definitely don't wanna drag the mrs there!! Some thing's in life should not be shared...

Does anyone here go to the gate on their own? What's it like? Do you get funny looks? Do you get the 'ahhhh' face from others when drinking natch on your own on the wall in February? 

10 green bottles hangin on the wall........ :whistle:

I'd be terrified to go alone... as a daft American from across the pond, I haven't been to enough matches to really feel comfortable yet. The capacity of Ashton Gate isn't too much more than the town I live in, so that's a bit overwhelming at times.

• Admin

Interesting thread, I used to go by myself once I was old enough, then went with some guys I met in the pub,  I then had a spell away from going regularly as I discovered all sorts of things, mostly illegal and immoral- but it was good fun.  

Started going again a while later and was usually with a group of 5-10, with the hardcoreof 5 who were always there, this ended up dwindling away to just me and I went for a couple of years still to the same seat, saw the same people around, but eventually SO'D did for me, I was just going, not enjoying it and then going and drinking by myself after, so I stopped.  Just been to selected games since, can't say I miss the routine of going to every game, but I wouldn't rule out going more regularly in the future.

Archived