IGNORED

New website (Merged again)

EnderMB

https://beta.bcfc.co.uk

I know a couple of the guys that worked on this, and they've got a good reputation, so I'm glad to see someone that knows what they're doing working on the site.

In my opinion, it's night and day. This looks and feels so much better than our current/old site. Hopefully Bristol City will continue to pump resources into it, and improve other parts of the user journey along the way.

• Admin

First impressions - it looks much better and more user friendly

One thing I never understood on the old (current) site why the latest news story was often one of the smaller blocks on the right rather than in the middle?

Will be interested to see about the subscription for viewing games outside the UK, as we were one of only 11 clubs that hadn't signed up for this

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Just out of interest why are Glos Cricket covered on the Bristol sport website?

They just cover some stories for them. 

Definitely a great improvement on the mobile, you start with the lead story and as you scroll down you get, one at a time, other things of interest - that works very well.

On desktop I'm not so impressed. Feels like they missed a trick and have just moved things around a bit rather than change the entire structure and layout of the site.  Maybe I'm being picky but it feels very busy - there's a lot of articles, tables etc all jostling for your attention.  Perhaps it could have been streamlined a little.  Something like a nice big home page in red and white with some good but subtle branding (possibly watermark style so its there but doesn't dominate) then clearly displayed info re the next match info with a link to tickets, the league table and the one top news story. Everything else can be behind menus or scrolling.  Just some thoughts.

38 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Because it's Bristol and it's sport...? The same as Lee Haskins getting reports I'd imagine.

Isn't that the department store in town? Have Bristol Sport branched out even further now FFS 

#MakingShoppingProud 

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Maybe one for @AdamB to answer, but has the old (current) site ceased to be used as of now?

Just noticed the Beta one has more up to date news - wondering when the site will be swapped over?

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

We don't control when stuff goes up on the old site but we do on the new site,

That's why it will be more up to date, and one of the reasons we wanted out of the EFL contract

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

Maybe one for @AdamB to answer, but has the old (current) site ceased to be used as of now?

Just noticed the Beta one has more up to date news - wondering when the site will be swapped over?

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

The old site will continue to be updated. However, it takes a lot longer to update and publish, hence why you'll see our new site updated so much quicker. New site = instant; old site = up to seven minutes to publish a story!

38 minutes ago, AdamB said:

The old site will continue to be updated. However, it takes a lot longer to update and publish, hence why you'll see our new site updated so much quicker. New site = instant; old site = up to seven minutes to publish a story!

Are the club open to fans suggestions on the new site,

While I don't have any I'm sure some fans will. and fan engagement is always good,

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Notice there is a handy 'sports' link to the other teams in the Bristol Sport stable, but the same doesn't seem to be true of the other sites that would allow you to navigate to the City webpage.

In due course the other sites will take on the look and feel of our site, and therefore will have that function.

Regards,
Adam

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Are the club open to fans suggestions on the new site,

While I don't have any I'm sure some fans will. and fan engagement is always good,

Yes, of course. That's been the process throughout anyhow, with surveys gathering feedback and regular meetings with a website working group of supporters.

Regards,
Adam

Archived