IGNORED

Ronaldo

Red Army 75

I can definitely see him leaving, purely because he's won everything he can win.

He's won the league. He's won the Champions League. He's defended the Champions League, and he's won every other cup competition he's been a part of. Individually, he's played for footballs greatest managers, he's the all-time top goalscorer for his club, and he's scored over a goal a game.

Personally, I can see him reversing his career and going to Man Utd, with a final stint in Porugal when he retires. He's 32, and despite still being at the top of his game surely it's too late for him to carve his name into history elsewhere?

Just now, EnderMB said:

I can definitely see him leaving, purely because he's won everything he can win.

He's won the league. He's won the Champions League. He's defended the Champions League, and he's won every other cup competition he's been a part of. Individually, he's played for footballs greatest managers, he's the all-time top goalscorer for his club, and he's scored over a goal a game.

Personally, I can see him reversing his career and going to Man Utd, with a final stint in Porugal when he retires. He's 32, and despite still being at the top of his game surely it's too late for him to carve his name into history elsewhere?

If Ferguson was still in charge he would probably go back but he has never had a great relationship with Jose.

49 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I'll have you know some of the posters on here are old and have nothing else in their life other than OTIB.

Careless posts like yours could destroy confidence, leading to withdrawal from society, depression, starvation and death.

Did you consider ANY of this before you shot everyone down?

Did you?

tfj

I can't remember the onrunning jokes anymore, every thread is a revelation.

Then nurse has to change my undergarments :dancing6:

28 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Good point.

After we sign him - how DO we get him to leave?

:glare:

tfj

More importantly. 

After we sign him, can LJ convert him into a half decent right back?

46 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Simply a ploy to get the club to either,

1. Put pressure on the Spanish Government to back off on the tax alleged evasion stuff.

2. Get the club to pay the alleged tax liability to the Spanish Government if it is proven that it is due.

Toys out the pram moment and I am pretty certain he will still be there when the season starts.

Course he will be. He's just doing a Tomlin :laugh: 

31 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Raises a question that I've always wondered about.

If you took Ronaldo or Messi and put them in a club like ours, would be dominate the league? How much better can one player make a club assuming all else stays the same.

It's obvious in basketball that whoever has LeBron is instantly one of the best teams in the league, but it would be an interesting experiment in football.

Does LeBron even play football ? 

:disapointed2se:

24 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

He's never helped a famously underperforming Bristol based club to achieve Premiership status . 

Now  that would be an achievement.

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Raises a question that I've always wondered about.

If you took Ronaldo or Messi and put them in a club like ours, would be dominate the league? How much better can one player make a club assuming all else stays the same.

It's obvious in basketball that whoever has LeBron is instantly one of the best teams in the league, but it would be an interesting experiment in football.

Hasn't Ronaldo already proven this with the Portuguese national team?

1 hour ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

To fit our criteria, he'd have to put on four stone, and have an even worse attitude than he has now.

Would he even train with the other 'scum'??

:dunno:

tfj

What makes you say he has a bad attitude? I think he has shown a great attitude to achieve what he has.

2 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

When Trowbridge were in the Conference they had a midfield trio who had all played in the 1st Division (Prem to you young uns). The problem was, they'd hit te ball through to where someone of their standard would be waiting for it. The Trowbridge players unfortunately weren't, so too many balls were gifted to the oppos.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

When Trowbridge were in the Conference they had a midfield trio who had all played in the 1st Division (Prem to you young uns). The problem was, they'd hit te ball through to where someone of their standard would be waiting for it. The Trowbridge players unfortunately weren't, so too many balls were gifted to the oppos.

I played with several ex Trowbidge players players. I can remember Alan Birchenall being at Trowbidge. Others?

37 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Isn't he still under contract? Only a few clubs in world football that could afford him.

1) Barca

2) United

3) Man City

4) Chelsea

5) PSG

I don't think anyone other than those 5 could afford him in both transfer fee and wages

You forgot no. 6) Bristol Rovers.

6th richest club and all that...........

I don't think he'd join anyone in England not Man United. So that's one in England. Barca can afford him and couldn't see that even if they could. Juventus loses players over wages so couldn't afford his. Bayern maybe could swing it but they don't normally shell out huge world record type fees for players. That leaves PSG as the only other option to Man U in Europe. Then there is China or the MLS and I don't personally think he's ready to do that at this stage. He's still the best(or second) in the world. 

Archived