IGNORED

Ronaldo

Red Army 75

On 2017-6-16 at 19:46, Cowshed said:

I played with several ex Trowbidge players players. I can remember Alan Birchenall being at Trowbidge. Others?

Trevor Tainton was a member of the successful promotion side of 1976, and went on to play for City in the First Division. During the 1981/82 season Tainton joined Torquay United, scoring one goal in 19 league appearances that season before moving to Trowbridge Town.

I can't remember the other two, but they were even more experienced that TT.

It's possible that Man United's association with Adidas may prevent them making a move. Adidas supposedly financially assisted United in the Pogba deal as they see him as their poster boy for the next 10 years. Ronaldo is Nike's star man in football so they may not be quite so keen for him to be at United. Similar, it's possible that Nike will quite like the idea of Ronaldo at PSG.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's possible that Man United's association with Adidas may prevent them making a move. Adidas supposedly financially assisted United in the Pogba deal as they see him as their poster boy for the next 10 years. Ronaldo is Nike's star man in football so they may not be quite so keen for him to be at United. Similar, it's possible that Nike will quite like the idea of Ronaldo at PSG.

Wouldn`t it be nice if we could go back to the two club chairmen and the player meeting up in a pub somewhere and agreeing a deal over a pint.

40 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wouldn`t it be nice if we could go back to the two club chairmen and the player meeting up in a pub somewhere and agreeing a deal over a pint.

I agree - I think, at the top level anyway, branding and politics comes into transfers more than the average fan would think. That'll only increase as the MLS and Chinese league grows. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a Chinese businessman bought a big European side and tried to franchise it out to be based in China. 

I'm confident by 2030 there'll be a world equivalent of the Champions League with games taking place in neutral venues such as Dubai and Shanghai. Luckily, we are in safe hands for the time being.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Trevor Tainton was a member of the successful promotion side of 1976, and went on to play for City in the First Division. During the 1981/82 season Tainton joined Torquay United, scoring one goal in 19 league appearances that season before moving to Trowbridge Town.

I can't remember the other two, but they were even more experienced that TT.

I was coached as fifteen year old at Trowbridge by Alan Birchenall, but is so long ago I can hardly remember the first team at all. Trowbridge barely play beyond any standard now.

Archived