IGNORED

European U21 championship (Merged)

Red Army 75

OK: ideal start to the 2nd half.

In the first half our midfield would shoot from 30 yards out instead of passing or chipping the ball to a forward.

It also appeared, to me anyway, there's far more pushing, shoving and elbowing by the oppos than you see in an English league game.

A bit of guile, some application in defence, and a perfectly timed equaliser made for a half decent second half - Holgate rightly hooked at half time, and Tammy, Mawson, Chalobah and Redmond working their behinds off ground that out for us.

Will probably watch the Poland v Sweden game now, as reckon that'll be a corker, and do think results go our way (draw tonight, please) then we might make the knockouts yet.

Just now, samo II said:

A bit of guile, some application in defence, and a perfectly timed equaliser made for a half decent second half - Holgate rightly hooked at half time, and Tammy, Mawson, Chalobah and Redmond working their behinds off ground that out for us.

Will probably watch the Poland v Sweden game now, as reckon that'll be a corker, and do think results go our way (draw tonight, please) then we might make the knockouts yet.

Gustav will bag a late equalizer !

Sweden could have put that game to bed twice over but sat off; Poland wouldn't let it lie, and probably deserved that.

Excellent result for England; means we can win the group with a draw, if results go our way - a win and no one can better us.

Just hope the England who showed up for 25 mins in the second half today are the one we see Thursday.

On 18/06/2017 at 16:50, JoeAman08 said:

I hope so. Basically I see Engvall as a better Matty Taylor but I've never seen Matty Taylor as a goal scorer. If Matty added goals to his overall game then he would be our best option. As it stands I think Gustav brings similar qualities but is younger, more athletic and has better touch. Then again I've only seen Gustav a couple of times. Hopefully Matty gets confidence and scores a few this season. 

Believe me mate, Gustav is extremely average and MT is on another level. MT movement alone puts him head and shoulders above Gustav, having watched him 6 times this season (Swedish season) and him scoring in 3 I still haven't been impressed. I think MT was bargain of the season and if he starts 30games next year he will get 15+ 

4 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Believe me mate, Gustav is extremely average and MT is on another level. MT movement alone puts him head and shoulders above Gustav, having watched him 6 times this season (Swedish season) and him scoring in 3 I still haven't been impressed. I think MT was bargain of the season and if he starts 30games next year he will get 15+ 

I'd take that and I hope you're right. Still think there is a player in Gustav and can end up playing the same role better. Matty Taylor has the English league experience and in a more comfortable setting. If GE ever gets settled then I think it'll be good business in the end

Archived