IGNORED

European U21 championship (Merged)

Red Army 75

13 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How good has Chilwell been tonight

Looked ordinary / poor in first two games but a outstanding performance tonight and looks a top player

Thoroughly enjoyable to watch

Yes, excellent tonight.  In the previous games he looked half a yard off the pace and lacked anticipation.  He was right on it tonight.

10 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

Agreed mate. 

On Michael Calvin, have you read his other two books in the set? Currently on the second called 'Living on the Volcano' highly recommend if you haven't read any of them

Shame each manager only gets a chapter.  I could've read a whole book on Ainsworth for example.

Back to the u21s. I liked the way we played.  I was happy to see us play the ball side to side, sometimes going back to go forward, because we did it with purpose and a good tempo.  The full side do it...but slowly and predictably.  It was this kinda tempo that eventually created the space or the double-up that enabled us to create decent chances.  Was a decent, enjoyable watch from my point of view.

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep

Not even as if he had a major part in the winning goal 

Praised by all the media pundits I've heard on tv and radio

Hi mate, in the video below at around 9 minutes the goal is shown - he held the ball up well on the half way line (by the way, he was playing right wing at this point with Baker thru middle) as any good forward player should be able to do with ease. He was then tackled, his team mate picks up the ball and plays a 45 yard pass and Redmond beats a man and scores. 'Major' is absolutely ridiculous. Unsure whether you were going by pundits only and not seen the goal, so benefit of the doubt is given.

If you watched the game you will have seen he offered little throughout which led to him being forced wide at the beginning of the second half, he was rightly dropped for a different system which paid off fantastically well last night.

I understand this man is an extreme talent and we were very lucky to be part of his development but please take off those rose tinted glasses. He isn't going to have a great game every game, I wasn't shooting the kid down.

On 2017-6-20 at 08:46, Garland-sweden said:

Think we will get another fw in. For me its the feeling Taylor is before Engvall. When Taylor came to City we begun to win. He had assists and scored some goals. As I say its just a feeling. It would be great If Gustav could be in the starting eleven and be sucsessful, but, time will tell.

Or,the more likely scenario-time,sadly in this instance won't have it's affect...

20 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Tammy was "rested" for the 3-0 win over Poland after the "battering" he took against Slovakia

An alternative if you don't have sky sports, is TALKSPORT as five live don't like cancelling drive time

and sports extra will have the womans cricket between England and Pakistan.

Kick off time for the under 21's is 5pm

don't want to sound like a miserable old git but can we just let it pass now, tammy unfortunately is history, he is not our player anymore.

ENGLAND TEAM NEWS

Team to play Germany: Pickford, Holgate, Chambers, Mawson, Chilwell, Gray, Chalobah, Hughes, Ward-Prowse, Baker, Abraham

Subs: Stephens, Redmond, Targett, Gunn, Murphy, Swift, Holding, Hause, Iorfa, Grealish, Mitchell, Woodrow

Archived