IGNORED

Leeds new coach Christiensen

Major Isewater

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Strange appointment but following the trend to hire foreign coaches.

The bloke played for Barcelona and coached in Cyprus . Very leftfield.

However what do British coaches have to do to get a gig these days ?

I wonder how long he'll last .

Was that the one with massive tits, and married to Rocky?

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think its a case of the media ruining anything British. Giggs wouldve been under significantly more pressure than Bob Bradley was at Swansea because of how well known he was. Theres also the issue that the top coaching badges are RIDICULOUSLY expensive in the UK, whereas they are significantly less in places such as Germany. I do see your point though.

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I think part of the problem is the trend of foreign ownership & them probably having a lack of knowledge of the English / British game or maybe it's a cost factor? English coaches know what the going rate is while a fairly obscure foreign coach maybe willing to work for less (as is the case with so many foreign people coming to Britain to work) plus having an idea of a cheaper foreign market for players may well help save those owners a fortune in transfer fees especially if they have no plans on buying overpriced British players.

Never heard of the bloke. But he's got a tough job . Joke of a club IMO. Doesn't matter how big they are . Monk done a decent job there but I bet he's happier now . With more foreign owners you will see less English managers. I really hope LJ makes a success of it . And SL continues putting his money in . I hope it goes tits up for Leeds . 

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Wasn't their last manager British..?

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wasn't their last manager British..?

Steve Evans, Hockaday, Warnock. The crazy italian owner did favour British based managers. See what old @Major Isewater is saying though, there are a lot of foreign managers and coaches even in the bottom two professional tiers. I would go further and say what have English managers got to do. Always plenty of scottish managers about in our leagues.

Having done some more research there seem to he plenty of English managers in the lower league as it stands...

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Steve Evans, Hockaday, Warnock. The crazy italian owner did favour British based managers. See what old @Major Isewater is saying though, there are a lot of foreign managers and coaches even in the bottom two professional tiers. I would go further and say what have English managers got to do. Always plenty of scottish managers about in our leagues.

Having done some more research there seem to he plenty of English managers in the lower league as it stands...

There aren't that many good ones, sadly. 

I like us having an English manager, but if he went, then I'd rather whoever was going to be best, not someone because they were English. There are only usually 2 or 3 decent top English managers, then one of them gets the England job! 

I think Hans Christian Andersen would have been a better bet.

Once upon a time they were the biggest club in the land but a succession of failed ugly sister managers couldn't satisfy the greedy ogre that is the foreign owner So he cast a spell on all of the grunts that followed them making them believe that they are Real Madrid.

Unfortunately for them there are too many pricks and not enough spinning wheels to break the spell.

They didn't live happily ever after as no one liked them.

THE END.

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

That's a bit personal, isn't it?

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I think its a case of the media ruining anything British. Giggs wouldve been under significantly more pressure than Bob Bradley was at Swansea

I think we can all agree that Giggs has ruined quite enough gig's already!

Archived