IGNORED

Chinese football.

Tipps69

Being a bit sceptical, I've never bothered in taking in a game from the Chinese Super League but seeing as there is one to watch on Sky Sports Mix, I thought I'd have a little look & see if the millions being spent is worth it.

Within minutes of switching over, I get a goal scored by Hulk (the Brazilian one, not the green one) & then Oscar (the Brazilian one, not the one from Sesame Street) wallops a ball at an opposing player & starts a massive fight involving basically every player & both benches which see's a player from both teams sent-off & a couple of bookings.

Can't really say I've seen enough of the actual game to give a view of it but it's certainly woken up a fairly boring Sunday afternoon. Bring on the 2nd half.

Strangely enough I'm in China on holiday and caught a game between Shanghai Shenhua v Chongqing Dangdai last night.

Whilst the atmosphere in the ground was brilliant, I thought the overall standard of play was probably League 1 standard - of course some good football was played throughout but overall lacking in quality and consistency. The quality of defending was particularly questionable (pretty sure the Chinese don't like heading the ball! And if you thought City had some poor goalkeepers over the years then we are mistaken in comparison to the home team's keeper!)

I predicted after 10 mins there would be at least 3 goals in the game and alas it finished 2 a piece so was an entertaining game overall.

Tevez played for the home team (boos from the home fans however at the start of the game when his name was read out!), whilst a few moments of individual brilliance (set up a goal & hit the bar) he seemed somewhat below his former glory - lost any pace he may once had.

The player that really caught my eye was the away team's no. 32. Very quick up top and caused the home team's defence no end of trouble. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Henrique_da_Conceição

Worth a visit to a game if you're ever over in China.

20170617_184726.jpg

I think the issue with Tevez is that he's stated that he's thinking of leaving as he's unhappy over there after only 6 months!! And while being paid a rumoured £615,000 PER WEEK!!

Got to be honest, the game I just watched had Oscar & Hulk on one team & the other team had no one of note in their side & while I don't condone violence in anyway, the best thing about this particular match was the mass brawl!

Having resulted in both teams having a player sent-off, the hope was that it would all more space for each team to attack but it sadly didn't turn out that way & on the evidence of today's game, the millions being spent are a waste of money & I shan't be rushing to watch another Chinese Super League game!

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Being a bit sceptical, I've never bothered in taking in a game from the Chinese Super League but seeing as there is one to watch on Sky Sports Mix, I thought I'd have a little look & see if the millions being spent is worth it.

Within minutes of switching over, I get a goal scored by Hulk (the Brazilian one, not the green one) & then Oscar (the Brazilian one, not the one from Sesame Street) wallops a ball at an opposing player & starts a massive fight involving basically every player & both benches which see's a player from both teams sent-off & a couple of bookings.

Can't really say I've seen enough of the actual game to give a view of it but it's certainly woken up a fairly boring Sunday afternoon. Bring on the 2nd half.

Is Jackie Chan their manager ?

Just now, BigTone said:

Oh dear, this hour of internet access they give you before lockdown can be quite tiresome.

Can you please stop joking about mental health issues.

I know you are joking, but it is a serious subject, and has the potential to cause offence.

Thank you for stopping.

tfj

Just now, Taxi for Johnson said:

I know you are joking, but it is a serious subject, and has the potential to cause offence.

Thank you for stopping.

tfj

Yes dear

10 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Thank you for stopping.

tfj

........... for at least an hour.

:huh:

4 hours ago, Clevedon_Red said:

Strangely enough I'm in China on holiday and caught a game between Shanghai Shenhua v Chongqing Dangdai last night.

Whilst the atmosphere in the ground was brilliant, I thought the overall standard of play was probably League 1 standard - of course some good football was played throughout but overall lacking in quality and consistency. The quality of defending was particularly questionable (pretty sure the Chinese don't like heading the ball! And if you thought City had some poor goalkeepers over the years then we are mistaken in comparison to the home team's keeper!)

I predicted after 10 mins there would be at least 3 goals in the game and alas it finished 2 a piece so was an entertaining game overall.

Tevez played for the home team (boos from the home fans however at the start of the game when his name was read out!), whilst a few moments of individual brilliance (set up a goal & hit the bar) he seemed somewhat below his former glory - lost any pace he may once had.

The player that really caught my eye was the away team's no. 32. Very quick up top and caused the home team's defence no end of trouble. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Henrique_da_Conceição

Worth a visit to a game if you're ever over in China.

20170617_184726.jpg

My understanding is they have quotas of home grown players so they have to have at least 3 player's from China. There are very few goalkeepers that have a high enough profile to get shirt sales going so that is usually a position given to a Chinese player.

Maybe a reason not to bring quotas in over here, in China it doesn't make the players any better it just makes the game worse.

BBC are reporting transfer fees to Chinese clubs will carry a 100% tax, so clubs would have to pay the government the same amount they paid the selling club.

Will that curb silly transfer fees?  What about silly wages, though?

Either way, I can't see China winning the World Cup for a bit.

23 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

@Clevedon_Red

Im assuming that picture of the stadium was one that you took at half time? What was the attendance of the match?

15,269 making it less than half full surprisingly. Another thing I noticed the age demographic of the supporters was far younger, probably hence the better atmosphere.

20170617_192952.jpg

12 minutes ago, Clevedon_Red said:

15,269 making it less than half full surprisingly. Another thing I noticed the age demographic of the supporters was far younger, probably hence the better atmosphere.

20170617_192952.jpg

Maybe I'm stereotyping here but I just can't imagine old Chinese people (60 years-old plus) at a football match.

Archived