IGNORED

Fried Red Tomatoes

BigTone

Decided to wander down the Esplanade to get some milk etc from Londis.  I estimate that 80% of the people out and about are seriously burnt from the sun and will be suffering badly for the next few days. Sadly that includes kids also. When will us Brits ever learn ?

47 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Decided to wander down the Esplanade to get some milk etc from Londis.  I estimate that 80% of the people out and about are seriously burnt from the sun and will be suffering badly for the next few days. Sadly that includes kids also. When will us Brits ever learn ?

And possibly a lot longer than that. Having worked with someone who died in his forties from skin cancer it is most definitely not a pleasant way to go.

2 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

84 degrees in my bedroom.

I'll be sweating tonight - and that's even if I lay-off the Andrea Leadsom youtube clips and hour before bedtime!!

:sweatingbullets:

tfj

I doubt the padding on the walls is helping keep the room cool Unk.

13 hours ago, BigTone said:

You're quite right, if people really want to get a tan and you can't tan well naturally - just get a spray one. A weeks tanned skin isn't worth needlessly putting your skin through years of damage and ageing.

On 18/06/2017 at 18:01, Red Right Hand said:

And possibly a lot longer than that. Having worked with someone who died in his forties from skin cancer it is most definitely not a pleasant way to go.

The son of one of my best mates , 22 years old is in a dreadful way with cancer which started as a small spot of skin cancer

As I grew up we never heard about skin cancer but even now I'm not sure the real dangers are publicised enough

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The son of one of my best mates , 22 years old is in a dreadful way with cancer which started as a small spot of skin cancer

As I grew up we never heard about skin cancer but even now I'm not sure the real dangers are publicised enough

People are daft. Surely we all know too much sun, and sun burn especially is BAD for health.

But look.

Went out last weekend with some extended family for a picnic - lovely.

The seven year old girl spent 15 minutes smothering herself with high factor sun cream, and wore a hat and sun glasses.

:thumbsup:

Her mother?

Went out with a short sleeveless top (she is fair skinned), and got burned to a crisp.

:dunno:

How can a seven year old have more sense than her 40 year old mother?

Perhaps some people just think 'it won't happen to me'?

tfj

Archived