IGNORED

Australia v Germany

Charlie BCFC

21 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Was I the only one to be underwelmed by the much hyped Aaron Mooy? He spent most of the game passing sideways or backwards, got caught in possession and created nothing.

Seems fair to write a player off, based on one game, against the world champions. 

Hope we don't sign the useless chump! 

8 hours ago, Fatalist said:

Was I the only one to be underwelmed by the much hyped Aaron Mooy? He spent most of the game passing sideways or backwards, got caught in possession and created nothing.

The player that Huddersfield are about to pay £10 million for. I didn't see the game yesterday but watched him regularly on tv for 2 seasons playing in Australia, I would have taken him here in a heartbeat. He was also ( promoted) Huddersfield's player of the season.

No I can't ever see us paying £10m for a player, but if only we could have had him on loan instead of Huddersfield...

Watched the first half of the game, that german team would put most international teams to the sword, draxler looked different class, australia were steamrolled, but didnt give up, there was no shame in it.

Sad really that england sont have anywhere near the same strength in depth as either germany or france, too many poor quality foreigners, and too much poor quality youth coaching im afraid.

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Seems fair to write a player off, based on one game, against the world champions. 

Hope we don't sign the useless chump! 

I wasn't exactly writing him off. I just thought he was supposed to be one of Australia's best, who might have stepped up against top opposition, but didn't.

We will see if he can step up to Prem level week in, week out.

In any case ,it wasn't exactly the "World Champions", more a reserve team, who had a number of dodgy moments. Certainly not super human.

10 hours ago, Fatalist said:

I wasn't exactly writing him off. I just thought he was supposed to be one of Australia's best, who might have stepped up against top opposition, but didn't.

We will see if he can step up to Prem level week in, week out.

In any case ,it wasn't exactly the "World Champions", more a reserve team, who had a number of dodgy moments. Certainly not super human.

Most of their team could probably be playing in Poland right now so I think it was quite impressive really. Can, Draxler, Sule, Kimmich, Brandt and Goretzka all could've been in the U21s and all of them would probably walk into the England senior team right now. No not super human but they're impressive. 

Archived