IGNORED

Eros Pisano - "Spotted" - Now Signed!

11 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

The strategy never said we wouldn't bring experienced players in as and when necessary.......we have a young and relatively inexperienced squad of defenders, some quality and experience definitely required.

Yup. Maybe they feel Vyner is our future RB but needs more time to grow. A 30 year old could give us a few years until Zak is ready. Just a thought anyway. Full backs are hard to get with genuine quality. The team of the season RB is 35 so at 30 he could have 5-6 years left in him at this level. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Yup. Maybe they feel Vyner is our future RB but needs more time to grow. A 30 year old could give us a few years until Zak is ready. Just a thought anyway. Full backs are hard to get with genuine quality. The team of the season RB is 35 so at 30 he could have 5-6 years left in him at this level. 

Good points Joe. I think the days of player careers being over at 30 are well and truly gone. Example of Alves already given here and of course a Ronaldo (aged 32) transfer is being talked as being a possibiltywith fees of over £130m being talked about and one of the Prems best strikers was Ibrahimovic who's 35 I think. Granted that these are the worlds best but I think we're now just seeing the results of the increased professionalism of the last 10 years especially, feeding through at all pro levels. 35/36 is the new 30 I reckon! 

24 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

But apparently Vyner isn't a right-back, he's a centre-back. That being said, obviously he's still fairly young & could be trained to play right-back?

Does anyone have any idea what position he played while on loan at Accrington? If he is potentially going to play right-back for us then I'd hope that's where he'd play while out on loan.

I just hope we have an idea as to whether it's a viable option sooner rather than later rather than wasting time over something that isn't viable.

10 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But apparently Vyner isn't a right-back, he's a centre-back. That being said, obviously he's still fairly young & could be trained to play right-back?

Does anyone have any idea what position he played while on loan at Accrington? If he is potentially going to play right-back for us then I'd hope that's where he'd play while out on loan.

I just hope we have an idea as to whether it's a viable option sooner rather than later rather than wasting time over something that isn't viable.

I think the fact he's bothered to fly over here for talks shows it's pretty viable. 

16 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

As far as I know he was a CB at youth level but has played all his senior matches at RB

3 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I think the fact he's bothered to fly over here for talks shows it's pretty viable. 

I was on about Vyner & the possibility of him becoming our right-back.

But with regards to Pisano, I'd say he looks very much a viable option, he has decent experience although he does seem to attract his fair share of yellow cards but a bit of nastiness in a squad wouldn't go a miss.

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

As far as I know he was a CB at youth level but has played all his senior matches at RB

Our hand was forced for him to play at right-back as we literally had no other options against MK Dons & Brighton but as I said, if we do see him as a right-back then I'd hope that we stipulate that when he goes out on loan, I just have no idea as to how he did or where he played while at Accrington & I'd hope that as a club we would have an idea by now as to where we intend on using him.

Never seen him play but he has good experience with over 100 games in both the Serie A and B. He was Hellas Verona's 3rd top scorer when they were in the Serie A in the 2015/2016 season with 5 goals. Seems like a solid signing and it's good to see us looking for someone with some experience.

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Our hand was forced for him to play at right-back as we literally had no other options against MK Dons & Brighton but as I said, if we do see him as a right-back then I'd hope that we stipulate that when he goes out on loan, I just have no idea as to how he did or where he played while at Accrington & I'd hope that as a club we would have an idea by now as to where we intend on using him.

He was a RB at Accrington as well. I like him there. He's a smooth athlete who I think moves well enough to stay in front of quick wingers. As I've said he's only played 25 or so matches at senior level all ag RB. Forced hand or not, it seems to be where he is heading. 

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

That seems like a lot of yellow cards 11 in 27 games?  And yet he managed to spread them out enough to only be suspended once all season. I am not to worried about the couple of injuries he has had, I wouldn't be expecting him to play 46 games anyway.

Also, I just  had a look at his agents profile and he appears to be the most valuable asset they have, if we are getting him OOC that looks like a good deal.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/studio-assist-amp-partners/beraterfirma/berater/2827

12 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I was on about Vyner & the possibility of him becoming our right-back.

But with regards to Pisano, I'd say he looks very much a viable option, he has decent experience although he does seem to attract his fair share of yellow cards but a bit of nastiness in a squad wouldn't go a miss.

I think it's an achievement to get through a game in Italy without a booking. The refs are so much different to here.

Looks like a solid signing though if it happens.. over 100 games in both Serie A and B 

In some ways, if this is an actual signing in the offing, I'd have preferred for this meeting not to have been made so public. Unwanted publicity during negotiations could lead to others sticking their noses in?

As for Verona, I've been there twice in summer to the Arena di Verona to see Aida and La Traviata. It's a beautiful city and it's somewhere I'd like to return to again. If he comes here, the culture is different to southern European cities but he should enjoy the city of Bristol.

4 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

That is one ballsy kid leaking the biggest news of the summer so far whilst on work experience! Can't help but feel the deal must be as good as done if they a) meet in public so clearly and b) happily chat to the work experience kid about it!

He hasn't actually said he's on work experience at Bristol City Football Club or Bristol Sport just that he was on his way to his work experience & that he'd spotted them.

If other clubs are alerted from either finding out on OTIB or Twitter then this guy needs a new agent.

Any half decent agent would of let every club in the Championship and abroad that his client was OOC. I don't believe this will hinder anything.

3 hours ago, chipdawg said:

Eros Pisano has never played in Spain according to Wikipedia. He's also 30 years old which doesn't seem to fit our previous strategy. Looking at the photos, I'm not convinced he's got the right guy, but something's happening at least!

We've been on record and said we need more experience 

Archived