IGNORED

Michael Appleton

Gillies Downs Leeds

10 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

See he has left Oxford to become assistant manager at Leicester. May I be the 1st to say that the Oxford post could be a job for Cotts.

Decent shout for cotts . As for Appleton I expect him and Shakespeare will be looking for work about xmas time . 

Appleton has always been very highly regarded. Done well at Oxford which is his first extended period of management at a club that isn't in freefall. Oxford fans are very upset that he's leaving which shows he was well thought of. Interesting career move for him, good to see an English coach doing well though.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Appleton shows a severe lack of ambition as a manager in his own right taking this job .

Hes following the money! Can't really blame him but he doesn't need the cash surely? 

Not really.

Coaching better players, influencing games at a higher standard, bigger stadiums, coming up against better opposition managers. Working with someone he's worked with before. Better money. 

Complete no brainer. 

Just now, petehinton said:

Not really.

Coaching better players, influencing games at a higher standard, bigger stadiums, coming up against better opposition managers. Working with someone he's worked with before. Better money. 

Complete no brainer. 

He really shouldn't be a number 2! He done this before at WBA over 5 years ago!

This is a step back! But pays well.

9 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I don't get it. He served as an assistant to Hogson and has done a solid job at Oxford. He should be kicking on to bigger and better as a number 1. What the hell does he think he's gonna learn under Craig Shakespear? I think there's more to this than meets the eye

Yes Probaly £50,000 a week! 

38 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

For real? Just incredible if anywhere near it. Bonkers.

If you think about it they pay the top players like vardy £100,000 a week , also read a story that mark albrighton was considering a new contract at £85,000 a week!!

Claudio raneri would have been on massive money but the number two normally gets paid well. 

So Appleton will Probaly be earning as much as a squad player would at Leicester IMO. Somewhere between £40,000 -£50,000 a week.

Also remember they were champions two years ago and in chamions league last year so the club will be paying over the odds for everything as they have never had so much money come into the club.

1 hour ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

I have it on fairly good authority that Appleton is on around £450k pa at Leicester, plus a big bonus if they make the top 6. He was on around £150k pa at Oxford, plus performance related bonus.

Hard to turn down that sort of pay increase, I'd suspect.

I heard similar actually. Mental the money in football.

Archived