IGNORED

LJ Interview

Shtanley

I know it's slightly moist of me to be saying this but I've missed his interviews, you realise how much you miss football when it finally comes around again.

I think I must be the anti-thatch35 when it comes to Lee, I adore his interviews and whenever he's on TV. I appreciate I'm in the minority as he's not your standard used-car salesman style manager but something about him makes me really enjoy it when he's doing media duties. Him calling the players runts for some reason had me in stitches.

I hope with the new website and whatnot we don't slow down on the behind the scenes style content we have on the youtube page.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I know it's slightly moist of me to be saying this but I've missed his interviews, you realise how much you miss football when it finally comes around again.

I think I must be the anti-thatch35 when it comes to Lee, I adore his interviews and whenever he's on TV. I appreciate I'm in the minority as he's not your standard used-car salesman style manager but something about him makes me really enjoy it when he's doing media duties. Him calling the players runts for some reason had me in stitches.

I hope with the new website and whatnot we don't slow down on the behind the scenes style content we have on the youtube page.

Yes I've missed the same old excuses every week.....

Just now, Shtanley said:

Certainly more enjoyable than Hearing your second division professional football team are making £50,000 punts

I actually agree with you, would rather listen to him than some of the managers we have had over the years.

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Can someone do a quick re-cap of anything juicy that was said - ie, the free transfers mentioned above?

TIA

Meh not really too Juicy, more a welcome back kind of one.

Said that he's fully comfortable where we are in regards to upcoming transfers.

3 or 4 quality signings away from having a squad he likes.

1 or 2 free agents we are looking to get. 

Didn't mention many names but talked about Engvall and Wright and how them being in tournaments will affect their preseasons.

Talked about Engvall maybe getting more of a shot this season.

Called the players runts when asked if he'd missed them haha

17 minutes ago, Distortia said:

I enjoyed the interview. Good to hear his thoughts on Engvall as that always seemed an odd one to me. Looking forward to next season.

I wonder who the free transfers are?

Scowen, Kasim and the Italian RB.

53 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Meh not really too Juicy, more a welcome back kind of one.

Said that he's fully comfortable where we are in regards to upcoming transfers.

3 or 4 quality signings away from having a squad he likes.

1 or 2 free agents we are looking to get. 

Didn't mention many names but talked about Engvall and Wright and how them being in tournaments will affect their preseasons.

Talked about Engvall maybe getting more of a shot this season.

Called the players runts when asked if he'd missed them haha

Thanks, Shtan. Sounds like one I won't bother with then!

53 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Be patient woodsy it's only June 

Hey, Hampshire. This is Woodsy's Dad, from beyond the grave. I'd like you to tell me to be patient to my face
Hey, Hampshire. It's proper Woodsy now. Missed you, poppet xx

Enjoyed the interview - he seems enthusiastic and positive which is good to see.

Sounds like we'll be bringing in first team quality from what he was saying - I think we'll see 4 first team signings and 2 or 3 fringe/younger players (dependent on outgoings).

I assume the right back will be one of the four first team signings - hopefully then a forward, a winger, a left back - leaving another striker and maybe a goalkeeper as squad/competition signings along with a few u23/u18s.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Enjoyed the interview - he seems enthusiastic and positive which is good to see.

Sounds like we'll be bringing in first team quality from what he was saying - I think we'll see 4 first team signings and 3 fringe/younger players (dependent on outgoings).

I assume the right back will be one of the four first team signings - hopefully then a forward, a winger, a left back - leaving another striker and maybe a goalkeeper as squad/competition signings.

Jeez, a bit more enthusiasm than Shtan's post - gonna have to watch this one now!

Just now, Woodsy said:

Jeez, a bit more enthusiasm than Shtan's post - gonna have to watch this one now!

The signings bit is my interpretation of what he say saying combined with what Stockhausen has said so a bit of educated guesswork - you might interpret him totally differently!

Hope he's learned lots from last season and we have a much better time this season. I think the core of the squad isn't bad, just need a few more options, some experience and genuine quality in the side.

https://beta.bcfc.co.uk/bctv/ for anyone who wants to watch it themselves.

1 hour ago, WRERE said:

What a bunch of boring interview questions. Why didn't AB ask him whether he calls them daps or stans or something else? Or what colour shoes he wore at school?

@AdamB Can you find out please? OTIB is waiting with baited breath.

Don't know what people were expecting, perfectly standard first interview back. We were never going to be told anything specific about stuff to do with transfers and the players haven't returned yet so limited news on that front too.

4 hours ago, redandy1 said:

He certainly does. The great disappointment is when he tries to put words in to actions. 

Well we had two distinct spells of playoff form football under him.

He had an horrendous run but it's a new season. Clean slate for all players and manager until they give us a reason not to IMO. 

24 minutes ago, The_Don said:

Good interview, after a few months of boredom, just a shame there was no mention of the Tomlin situation but I guess he will just be ushered out of the door quietly.

Like anything could be done quietly with Lee 'look at me' Tomlin!

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sounds like we'll be bringing in first team quality from what he was saying - I think we'll see 4 first team signings and 2 or 3 fringe/younger players (dependent on outgoings).

I assume the right back will be one of the four first team signings - hopefully then a forward, a winger, a left back - leaving another striker and maybe a goalkeeper as squad/competition signings along with a few u23/u18s.

Interested in why you think a left back would be one of the 4 with Bryan, Golbourne & Hordur all under contract?

Presumably no mention made as to whether Wilbs is signing the contract he was offered?

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interested in why you think a left back would be one of the 4 with Bryan, Golbourne & Hordur all under contract?

Presumably no mention made as to whether Wilbs is signing the contract he was offered?

Have a feeling Golbourne might go, I don't think Johnson sees Magnusson as a LB and wouldn't be surprised if he goes too judging from a few murmurs from informed people on here.. I'm pretty sure it's a position he'd like to strengthen ideally.

He mentioned Wilbraham was considering his options, I imagine he's got Manchester area clubs that are offering him game time - from his point of view might make sense to take that if he wants to continue playing.

Thanks Robbored. That suggests to me he's off then.

39 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Have a feeling Golbourne might go, I don't think Johnson sees Magnusson as a LB and wouldn't be surprised if be goes too judging from a few murmurs from informed people on here.. I'm pretty sure it's a position he'd like to strengthen ideally.

He mentioned Wilbraham was considering his options, I imagine he's got Manchester area clubs that are offering him game time - from his point of view might make sense to take that if he wants to continue playing.

But even if we want to move SG on, how easy would he be to shift? Presumably on mid ranking wages, so not that easy.

I accept it is all about opinions but even if Magnusson went, a LB would be very near the bottom of the list of areas to strengthen for me.

If Golbourne did as well, then fair enough, but that then amounts to us losing 2/3 of our left footed defenders.

To me a striker, then a right back, then a pacey right winger (who ideally can also play up front) then a goalkeeper, would be my 4 priorities..

Archived