IGNORED

Flint

Red Army 87

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You often make references to 'first hand' information you have about how badly run City are and what SL and LJ have done to make Bristol City such an unappetising option for any players without ever saying why you think this. Is there any meat to these opinions or are you just making shit up?

I'm guessing he's just making shit up. Just a hunch. 

12 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You often make references to 'first hand' information you have about how badly run City are and what SL and LJ have done to make Bristol City such an unappetising option for any players without ever saying why you think this. Is there any meat to these opinions or are you just making shit up?

Welcome to the social media age where everything you read ninth hand on twitter is gospel. 

Squad disharmony so poor that whilst on their holidays the likes of Magnusson, O'Dowda, Paterson and Brownhill are all tweeting about the fixture list. 

Let me guess, Lansdown's PR machine made them do it and secretly they hate it here...

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Welcome to the social media age where everything you read ninth hand on twitter is gospel. 

Squad disharmony so poor that whilst on their holidays the likes of Magnusson, O'Dowda, Paterson and Brownhill are all tweeting about the fixture list. 

Let me guess, Lansdown's PR machine made them do it and secretly they hate it here...

What other reason could there be?!

Some interesting posts from Billy today

FWIW, we've all heard / read comments about SHs reputation within the business, see Flapper's tweets earlier this year. This isn't news, just because you don't want to believe (and I'd rather not, if I'm honest), then it's fine

As above for LJ and team harmony last season. The trio (allegedly) going to SL to complain. Tomlin threatening to lamp LJ during a game, clearly heard by City fans

None of us want to read / hear / believe it. But if you keep getting told the same thing over and over then I'm inclined to believe there's something in it

Lets hope we get a couple of class additions in asap, get off to a flier then we will all have something different to talk about

53 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

As above for LJ and team harmony last season. The trio (allegedly) going to SL to complain. Tomlin threatening to lamp LJ during a game, clearly heard by City fans

None of us want to read / hear / believe it. But if you keep getting told the same thing over and over then I'm inclined to believe there's something in it

Lets hope we get a couple of class additions in asap, get off to a flier then we will all have something different to talk about

At every club you'll find disharmony in the squad - it's human nature. Even at my bowls club certain people are unhappy about something or another and are well known malcontents. There'll be cliques and some players feel excluded. Same in any work place.

Its no big deal imv.

Assuming we sign a couple of class players. What's to say that those players aren't moaners and whingers? Clubs rarely know what a player is like off the pitch until he joins.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

FWIW, we've all heard / read comments about SHs reputation within the business, see Flapper's tweets earlier this year. This isn't news, just because you don't want to believe (and I'd rather not, if I'm honest), then it's fine

That last one is interesting, I myself saw what looked like a heated row between LJ and Tomlin, although it's difficult to understand what the subject was as Tomlin was not contributing and needed to be subbed. How any City fans could have heard  that when it took place on the halfway line and half a pitch away from the away end I am not quite sure.  I doubt that there is complete harmony at this club, but I think that would be true at pretty much every club, so I don't see it as a big issue myself.

12 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Like any player he needs to maximise his career . Kodja went to Villa and improved his lot . Flint is leaving this summer no doubt.  People don't like like the harsh reality that the LJ and SL combo is a big turn off in football . Yes you can can find some obscure player and pay them lots , they will join , but the tension in our squad this last year has been well communicated in the "football industry " as Ashton likes to term it . The most polite comment was " clueless "

we have a beautiful stadium but that is it . 

We took an awesome promotion squad , primed with passion application and guile , that needed 3 top quality additions . Failed , destroyed that spirit and have become again the ugly runt of the litter . My opinion . Based on what I have seen and heard first hand. I now the romantics want to create LJ as some sort of footballing messiah that is just misunderstood and needs time . Money and players he has had , more that any manager in our history

so Flint , like every player , if they can move on and get rid of the totally inept LJ they will leave 

2 or 3 players in ! BCFC going to need ten or more .

Flint , worth a move and a chance at the top . Most improved player year on year I have ever seen at out club . 

Happy holifays 

I've got a feeling that this post will come back to haunt us come may 2018.

3 hours ago, Redbo said:

I'm guessing he's just making shit up. Just a hunch. 

Poorly founded hunch imo. My impression of Billy, after many years of reading his considered posts on OTIB, is he'd be one of the least likely posters to 'make shit up'.

35 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Poorly founded hunch imo. My impression of Billy, after many years of reading his considered posts on OTIB, is he'd be one of the least likely posters to 'make shit up'.

Probably as poorly founded as most of the rumours about dressing room disharmony. How long have we heard these stories? And yet no one has anything concrete to say. Put up or shut up imho. 

5 minutes ago, Redbo said:

Probably as poorly founded as most of the rumours about dressing room disharmony. How long have we heard these stories? And yet no one has anything concrete to say. Put up or shut up imho. 

Afaic there was clear evidence of dressing room disharmony in that shocking capitulation at PNE where we could have lost by double figures.

How else would you explain such an abysmal performance?

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Afaic there was clear evidence of dressing room disharmony in that shocking capitulation at PNE where we could have lost by double figures.

PNE are much better than us?

11 minutes ago, Redbo said:

PNE are much better than us?

Yes, that must be it.

PNE were an overwhelming, crushing 8 points 'better' than City over a 46 game season, but encountered little to no resistance in slaughtering an abject City on the night.

A City team that put up so little fight travelling fans were offered a refund.

Maybe you need to give things just a little more thought rather than relying on your seemingly naive 'hunches'?

39 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yes, that must be it.

PNE were an overwhelming, crushing 8 points 'better' than City over a 46 game season, but encountered little to no resistance in slaughtering an abject City on the night.

A City team that put up so little fight travelling fans were offered a refund.

Maybe you need to give things just a little more thought rather than relying on your seemingly naive 'hunches'?

One game Nogbag. When we beat Fulham 4-0 at their place were there splits in their dressing room? Probably not. I don't think one game (maybe 2-3 in our case) can be used as the basis for claiming the squad isn't united. Yes, we were incredibly abject against PNE, but it was the same squad that managed a great run at the end of the season. Didn't look fractured then did it?

That enough thought for you?

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Using such simple logic it could be argued that because we smashed Huddersfield, that means our dressing room is a pinnacle of harmony. 

I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. Even a good side can capitulate massively on occasion. Let alone us!

59 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Using such simple logic it could be argued that because we smashed Huddersfield, that means our dressing room is a pinnacle of harmony. 

I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. Even a good side can capitulate massively on occasion. Let alone us!

Spot on. One even got to the P/O final (lost admittedly. but no one would say Reading had a terrible spirit last season)

3 hours ago, Redbo said:

Every time we lose more then 2 games in a row for the last 30 yeara

Just now, Dollymarie said:

Can everybody calm down. Flinty is still locked in my cupboard. The social media stuff is merely a ruse to make everyone think he's off schmoozing with other footballers ;) 

Like baldock was?,

id get another cupboard 

3 hours ago, Redbo said:

One game Nogbag. When we beat Fulham 4-0 at their place were there splits in their dressing room? Probably not. I don't think one game (maybe 2-3 in our case) can be used as the basis for claiming the squad isn't united. Yes, we were incredibly abject against PNE, but it was the same squad that managed a great run at the end of the season. Didn't look fractured then did it?

That enough thought for you?

Don't let the facts get in the way of @Nogbad the Bad's paranoid gloom-mongering 

5 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Norwich 7 - 1 Reading last season if proof of very volatile results in the Championship.

12 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Yeah, as badly as were run one player has left. Mark Little, (out of contract) Ok there's 6 weeks to the new season, but why aren't they leaving in droves? If things are that bad the manager is shit the owner is crap,we just as well shut the transfer rumour thread down. as no player worth his sault is ever gona sign for us.

Were no different to half the sides in our division.

Let's get the song going for the first game  of the season.

Were shit  and we know we are!!! 

I for one, well as many wanted Jono out. He came in and thought yeah ok then disaster .

But it's like this he's our manager he's here for the now , so to get on his back before a ball is kicked helps in what way?

Archived