IGNORED

Flint

Red Army 87

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Poorly founded hunch imo. My impression of Billy, after many years of reading his considered posts on OTIB, is he'd be one of the least likely posters to 'make shit up'.

True... years of OTIB contribution and previous contributions to CityList; he isn't one for wild speculation.

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Afaic there was clear evidence of dressing room disharmony in that shocking capitulation at PNE where we could have lost by double figures.

How else would you explain such an abysmal performance?

LJ said in public that some home truths and harsh words were spoken after that game so this is hardly revealing some secret. The fact is that the team rallied from that point and turned things around, which suggests the opposite of disharmony.

14 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Using such simple logic it could be argued that because we smashed Huddersfield, that means our dressing room is a pinnacle of harmony. 

I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. Even a good side can capitulate massively on occasion. Let alone us!

Didn't we lose 6-0 away at Tranmere (?) in the 89/90 promotion season? One of the best City teams I've ever seen  

As Roger Malone said in his own inimitable style at the time:

Do promotion. Teams really. Lose. 6-0. 

Well yes Rog, they do. 

8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Didn't we lose 6-0 away at Tranmere (?) in the 89/90 promotion season? One of the best City teams I've ever seen  

Well yes Rog, they do. 

Weren't we 3-0 down after 20 minutes to Colchester in our title winning season? Massive disharmony there as well

16 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Well yes Rog, they do. 

My memory may be failing but going back a few years didn't Norwich get thumped by Colchester by about 6 or 7 on the opening day, then go on and win the league?

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My memory may be failing but going back a few years didn't Norwich get thumped by Colchester by about 6 or 7 on the opening day, then go on and win the league?

I'm sure you're right, lost 6 or 7 nil at home then Norwich immediately appointed Colchester manager Paul Lambert! 

33 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

lost 7-1 then sacked their manager

What is Flints true worth - If someone was to table a bid in excess of £5 million id let him go. His goals make him far more valuable than his abilities as a defender IMO.That said he has been a true stalwart for us - he was brilliant in League 1, but I think at Championship level he just about holds his own as a Center half. Personally id like to see how Hegeler gets on playing at Center half alongside Bailey Wright. I thought he looked different class on the ball during his first couple of games - and strikes me as someone who can play the ball out of defence.

Who even cares about Aden bloody Flint. He was a donkey for the most part of last season, in a defence that overall was dire. If we are offered decent money then let him go, really would be no lose IMO. The promotion winning seasons is clouding many judgements on Flint i feel.

36 minutes ago, bris red said:

Who even cares about Aden bloody Flint. He was a donkey for the most part of last season, in a defence that overall was dire. If we are offered decent money then let him go, really would be no lose IMO. The promotion winning seasons is clouding many judgements on Flint i feel.

Not a Flint fan then Bris?

On 6/23/2017 at 06:32, CyderInACan said:

Well yes Rog, they do. 

Loving the. Punctuation. Here. :clapping:

Archived