IGNORED

Home Friendly

Ashton_Red

4 hours ago, Distortia said:

Where did you see that, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, I wonder on what scale 'decent' is. If it were someone like Feyenoord or Ajax it'd be great.

Someone on Facebook mentioned it and said it was going to be on the Saturday and then the boss of the Three Lions commented on it and said it's actually the Friday so must be true cuz he's good mates with Scott Murray

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

It's pyro time

No way will city let them be snuck in. Next to no chance.

Shame as I'm intending on taking the kids (son and two neffypoos - aiming for near to the S82 lot as my boy likes to sing) and it would be a huge spectacle to see euro Ultras the way they do it.

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Shame as I'm intending on taking the kids (son and two neffypoos - aiming for near to the S82 lot as my boy likes to sing) and it would be a huge spectacle to see euro Ultras the way they do it.

Isn't it largely because of young children being in the ground that Pyro's are not allowed..?! 

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Quick bit of hedging your bets there! 

So basically there's about a 95% likelihood of there being no chance of them being allowed in, yeah?

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Isn't it largely because of young children being in the ground that Pyro's are not allowed..?! 

That and mainly H&S. Obviously inhalation, visibility issues etc.

4 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

Quick bit of hedging your bets there! 

So basically there's about a 95% likelihood of there being no chance of them being allowed in, yeah?

You know what I mean... lolz

33 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I'm all for fun at the football but you'd hope that in light of recent events they'd take a dim view of people being dicks where fire is concerned. 

Actually, even without that element, it'll still be amazing to see. Judging by videos, they go to town with flags, banners, streamers, surfers. I've even seen a guy with a speaker and microphone at the front, facing the crowd, and basically keeping the crowd hyped by continuously starting chants.

Why can't we do that?

29 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Actually, even without that element, it'll still be amazing to see. Judging by videos, they go to town with flags, banners, streamers, surfers. I've even seen a guy with a speaker and microphone at the front, facing the crowd, and basically keeping the crowd hyped by continuously starting chants.

Why can't we do that?

Totally different culture- both in terms of what is permitted and how the fans are in some respects.

I know someone who was at CL final, stewarding in fact- to cut a long story short, On their gate, Juve fans showed up a good 40 minutes before the ground actually opened (which was itself 3 hrs pre the game). Presumably they wanted to get in the stands as early as they do in Italy to really build the atmosphere, to build it big.

Compare it to here- pre-game music helps kill atmosphere IMO, gates usually open 2 hrs pre game for a typical 3pm kick off, Then there are the restrictions- not entirely unjustified either- of what we can take into the ground- there are strong arguments either way though!

Besiktas is it we're playing? Good test for us- they are a good side and may well be a better side by the time this game comes around. 

As for the fans?

Here

And this is arguably even better!

If indeed a Turkish side then on a personal note I would hope Galatasaray. 'Tis the side my Turkish step-family support.

Went to their old stadium in 2007. Atmosphere was absolutely incredible. There was a cauldron of pyro in each corner of the ground between the pitch and the stand, the crowd was on it's feet bouncing non-stop and the players (specifically Mondragon, their goalkeeper at the time) practically jumped into the stand trying to hype the crowd up (as if it was needed).

There was little to no chance of pyro being taken into the ground by fans as there were 4 pat down searches on the way in, though my group specifically were allowed to bypass 3 of them on account of being English (well, two of us, but the whole group was ushered through).

There were some clever chaps outside the ground selling air horns, which were piled up when confiscated, the sellers would then take an air horn off the pile and sell it again!

On the other hand, would like us to face Fenerbahçe, as they are Galatasatays biggest rival.

Then again, I really like what Basaksehir have done since getting screwed by the council, they came 2 games away from the double this year and would have made Leceisters achievements look like they were handed the title on a silver platter.

Archived