IGNORED

Home Friendly

Ashton_Red

Just now, willem ii said:

Ok, still a Dutch club, but unfortunately not ours.... I heard rumours in NL that BCFC and Willem II were on speaking terms again.... Disappointment for me. Had everything blocked already...

Come anyway and mingle with your friends from Enschede!

Personally with so many people calling for a friendly against Willem I think the choice of Twente is a kick in the teeth to many City fans who put good money into the club. Twenty are not much better than Willem so why not give the fans what they want and keep people happy. There is not threat of hooliganism just fans having a good time together,  this is a classic case of the people in charge not listening to the wishes of many fans.

7 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Personally with so many people calling for a friendly against Willem I think the choice of Twente is a kick in the teeth to many City fans who put good money into the club. Twenty are not much better than Willem so why not give the fans what they want and keep people happy. There is not threat of hooliganism just fans having a good time together,  this is a classic case of the people in charge not listening to the wishes of many fans.

One is a yo-yo club, the other won the top flight in the last decade and is a regular in the continental competitions

10 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Not a kick in the teeth to me, I'm not that bothered who we play as it's just a friendly,

believe it or not most fans of this club feel the same way, there isn't a great following of William outside of the forums from what I've witnessed,

now I may be wrong I may not but considering this board represents a tiny percent of our fan base and not everyone here is bothered about it I would thought the rest feel the same

Just now, Monkeh said:

Not a kick in the teeth to me, I'm not that bothered who we play as it's just a friendly,

believe it or not most fans of this club feel the same way, there isn't a great following of William outside of the forums from what I've witnessed,

now I may be wrong I may not but considering this board represents a tiny percent of our fan base and not everyone here is bothered about it I would thought the rest feel the same

I agree with your points but what I am saying is that they're are several hundred city fans who would like to play Willemail in a friendly so if your going to play Twente why not give them what they want and keep people happy.

Just now, Between heaven and hell said:

I agree with your points but what I am saying is that they're are several hundred city fans who would like to play Willemail in a friendly so if your going to play Twente why not give them what they want and keep people happy.

That's less then 2% of our fan base,

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

What is it you have not bothered to witness away from OTIB?

4 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

As I said not much between them, last year 0-0 and 1-2.

Watford and Bournemouth drew against each other twice.

One avoided relegation by one position, the other missed out on Europe by 2 places. Nothing between them either

Willem avoided relegation by 2 points, Twente finished high enough to play in the Europa League, but currently have a 3 year ban.

I know you like Willem, and I have nothing against them, but let's not pretend Twente and Willem have an equal stature in football.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Watford and Bournemouth drew against each other twice.

One avoided relegation by one position, the other missed out on Europe by 2 places. Nothing between them either

Willem avoided relegation by 2 points, Twente finished high enough to play in the Europa League, but currently have a 3 year ban.

I know you like Willem, and I have nothing against them, but let's not pretend Twente and Willem have an equal stature in football.

Your wrong sir.

I have no allegance to Willem and have never travelled to Holland to watch them and neither will I.

What I am saying is there has been enough people asking for a friendly to surely warrant one.

Surely it's not much to ask is it.

Archived