IGNORED

Home Friendly

Ashton_Red

54 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting point

But the fact that families with children have gone over to Tilburg and vice versa back over here, is a point you miss

This isn't personal against you, but this part of the problem that people that looking in at the link just assume it is a group of lads.

I've been there five times and haven't seen families but don't doubt what you're saying is true.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I've been there five times and haven't seen families but don't doubt what you're saying is true.

I've never been, but sounds to me like it's a case of 1 or people maybe going over with their son and people reading about it and claiming it's a family trip. 

I've had the Dutch lads in my pubs in the past. All good natured but a family environment it is not and I'm sure that's the same when our lads visit there. 

All well and good but you can see why the club(s) would want to forge official links on the back of it. 

18 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

newbie then. done double that. some friends easily treble. no mine Is bigger than yours, families go. wives go. but each trip is different and one trip the average age was above fifty with around seventy going. Its no lads thing. and there it is blokes including people who have money enough to be Lansdown club members see something in it. with Citys friendlies (away) drawing very low numbers an idea of a friendly v Willem II makes sense. very negative view on here even from those who sit in meetings with the club of Citys friendlies well here is an improvement waiting to happen.

On 2017-6-23 at 23:02, Cowshed said:

You have not understood the point, and concept.

The parallel between Latvia, Sweden and trips to Tilburg is relevant. More Bristol City fans watch matches in Tilburg than attend City's tours. 

A friendly v Willem II would not be not meaningless, it would reflect something that is real and has been going on for ten years.

The meaning and relevance behind a  game v FC Twente? I would not be so disparaging to say it has no meaning, but I doubt if you can find any link between the two clubs as real as the one BCFC and Willem II supporters have forged.

Well said

12 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

newbie then. done double that. some friends easily treble. no mine Is bigger than yours, families go. wives go. but each trip is different and one trip the average age was above fifty with around seventy going. Its no lads thing. and there it is blokes including people who have money enough to be Lansdown club members see something in it. with Citys friendlies (away) drawing very low numbers an idea of a friendly v Willem II makes sense. very negative view on here even from those who sit in meetings with the club of Citys friendlies well here is an improvement waiting to happen.

I have travelled to Tilburg for the last 8 years to watch many games . The hospitality shown to me as been amazing. I have even had a tour of the stadium with a group of 40 plus Bristol City Fans and travel with Willemm II supporters to watch Holland V England, and had a fantastic day. 5 years ago it was suggested a game would be great between the two teams. and we have been quietly asking behind the scenes. The reason for the sadness and frustration on the selection of FC20 is that Bristol City had been emailed by Willem II management in early may and the impression given in return was no home game would likely be played because the pitch was being reseeded. If the selection had been a French or German team then it would have been part tolerable. But the City management team have chosen a side from the same country and division.    When selection of the preseason friendlies is made I wonder if any consideration is done for the faithful city fan. So we play Cheltenham again, why not Gloucester FC 

And when people are questioning the type of supporter who travels between the two clubs, I would like to point out that when we played the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Willem II came over with 3 coaches of mixed supporters from childeren to my friends mother coming to support Bristol City. And I have travel with a friend who took is 14 year nephew.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion. 

I'm not what I'd do "astonishing" about stating that there is no official link between the 2 clubs, because there isn't one!

If a group of supporters enjoy going over to Tilburg now and again, that's great. It's not something that the club need to get involved in and in all fairness, probably spoil. 

FC Utrech have some fans who follow Bristol Manor Farm, have a banner made with the clubs logos on it and they flew over to Manor Farms final game of the season.

The fact Manor Farm and Utrecht have never played each other EVER is clearly the two clubs snubbing their fans.

• Admin
1 minute ago, PaulSparta said:

I have travelled to Tilburg for the last 8 years to watch many games . The hospitality shown to me as been amazing. I have even had a tour of the stadium with a group of 40 plus Bristol City Fans and travel with Willemm II supporters to watch Holland V England, and had a fantastic day. 5 years ago it was suggested a game would be great between the two teams. and we have been quietly asking behind the scenes. The reason for the sadness and frustration on the selection of FC20 is that Bristol City had been emailed by Willem II management in early may and the impression given in return was no home game would likely be played because the pitch was being reseeded. If the selection had been a French or German team then it would have been part tolerable. But the City management team have chosen a side from the same country and division.    When selection of the preseason friendlies is made I wonder if any consideration is done for the faithful city fan. So we play Cheltenham again, why not Gloucester FC 

And when people are questioning the type of supporter who travels between the two clubs, I would like to point out that when we played the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Willem II came over with 3 coaches of mixed supporters from childeren to my friends mother coming to support Bristol City. And I have travel with a friend who took is 14 year nephew.

Have to add that from yourself and many others going over to Tilburg, myself, my wife and other friends have made some good friends with the people that have made the journey over to Bristol

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

No. Where did I say that..?

Are you saying that we should only consider such plans for a meaningless friendly against a Dutch team that only a couple of hundred people could actually care less about..?

What plans have you got?

Wouldn't want you as my you as my receptionist.

"Kids tournament, fans with ideas  ... Go away, want none of that guff here, anybody would think this is a football CLUB deery me!"

1 minute ago, Sixtyseconds said:

What plans have you got?

Wouldn't want you as my you as my receptionist.

"Kids tournament, fans with ideas  ... Go away, want none of that guff here, anybody would think this is a football CLUB deery me!"

Yeah, that's exactly what I said! 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't recall claiming that, but please, tell me what parts I have got wrong..?

About who goes, Been told. You wont have it. But its your attitude. I don't go to friendlies they are worthless so you should think exactly like me is your attitude. a don't wanna know attitude is poor for this fans rep thing you supposedly do.

It's like trying to arrange a blind date. I've just tweeted* both clubs' official accounts to see if one can be arranged for next summer. Get on the twitter and start retweeting it or commenting as they won't really see it on here. 

Alternatively, if this is going to be continually ignored by the club, why not have a fan-led pre-season friendly between the fans of the clubs, if the clubs won't play ball. I think you can even hire out AG for games in the summer before the pitch is re-seeded (or whatever) or hire some other suitable venue. 

I think we've learned by now that if the official channels fail, you get on and arrange it yourself! 

*@cooombsy by the way 

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

About who goes, Been told. You wont have it. But its your attitude. I don't go to friendlies they are worthless so you should think exactly like me is your attitude. a don't wanna know attitude is poor for this fans rep thing you supposedly do.

I don't know what you are talking about mate. I do go to friendlies, usually. I think it's good that a group of fans go to Tilburg. It's just got nothing to do, nor should it, with any official links between the 2 clubs. 

21 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Come on do not be shy.

Chaps put forward their ideas.

You do not think its worth doing for a meaningless friendly.

Even for kids.

So Bar BS3's big plan ... What have you got that is better?  

??

I`ve stayed away from this debate up to now as I don`t often go to friendlies and have no views on the links some of our fans clearly have with Willem but am wondering why you guys want the relationship to be in some way formalised. Those who are involved clearly enjoy it but don`t you think if the link became `formal` it would end up just being sanitized and all the fun things that make it attractive to both sets of fans would probably stop being as enjoyable.

In my experience nothing good ever came of something that grew organically being made `official`.

35 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't know what you are talking about mate. I do go to friendlies, usually. I think it's good that a group of fans go to Tilburg. It's just got nothing to do, nor should it, with any official links between the 2 clubs. 

Disagree. If there are City fans who can back up ideas and help to arrange kids tournaments and street events it harms nobody to think about it. Daft not to because this is where City are getting better but have been more than rubbish in the past, 

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They wont become a yoyo club if they keep their squad though.

They were deducted 3 points this season and still finished high enough that they would have been in Europe were it not for their ban.

Keep their squad and should relegation happen they will be up first time and top half again first season up.

18 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Disagree. If there are City fans who can back up ideas and help to arrange kids tournaments and street events it harms nobody to think about it. Daft not to because this is where City are getting better but have been more than rubbish in the past, 

I've not said anything about not arranging kids activities! Although I think it would be better served at a better attended game, anything like that would be good. 

19 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Your ignoring what is being said. Bristol City wont be playing Real Madrid anytime soon.

It's like I'm stuck in some parallel universe and you are having a completely different conversation! 

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve stayed away from this debate up to now as I don`t often go to friendlies and have no views on the links some of our fans clearly have with Willem but am wondering why you guys want the relationship to be in some way formalised. Those who are involved clearly enjoy it but don`t you think if the link became `formal` it would end up just being sanitized and all the fun things that make it attractive to both sets of fans would probably stop being as enjoyable.

In my experience nothing good ever came of something that grew organically being made `official`.

As PS states the hospitality in Tilburg is amazing. They do things the right way and it opens eyes. Its a standard to live up to. Its hard to see how it would be formal.

9 hours ago, Three Lions said:

As PS states the hospitality in Tilburg is amazing. They do things the right way and it opens eyes. Its a standard to live up to. Its hard to see how it would be formal.

You should invite some of the city officials to go along next time. They might learn something.

Archived