IGNORED

Lee Tomlin staying?

Negan

15 minutes ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Also sounds as if LT had some off the field issues which may have affected his form last season... certainly one of the most strangest players we've ever signed. 

Just out of interest, who is that in your avatar?

Just asking as he looks like Trapper from Peter & the Test Tube Babies

If LT can come back & perform as we know he can, it would in essence be like a new signing for the club & a very good one at that.

I would say it will all depend on LT's attitude & performance during pre-season & I for one hope he comes back fighting for his place, he could be a big player for us.

I'd still have Tomo if he was back to his best.  But can we find a way of playing that can accommodate him?  

Mark Little replacement will be a good indication of whether we are going to play wingbacks.  Playing very attacking wingbacks (which I think Joe Bryan can play) and a mobile back three that are comfortable on the ball (Hegeler, Mags) and Tomlin can flourish.  To get the best from Tomlin you need to build a side around him.

Just now, Red Army Faction said:

I'd still have Tomo if he was back to his best.  But can we find a way of playing that can accommodate him?  

Mark Little replacement will be a good indication of whether we are going to play wingbacks.  Playing very attacking wingbacks (which I think Joe Bryan can play) and a mobile back three that are comfortable on the ball (Hegeler, Mags) and Tomlin can flourish.  To get the best from Tomlin you need to build a side around him.

I don't think Bryan can play the WB role, you watch him every game he is knackered by 70 mins.

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Best for everyone if he moves on.

Trouble is, we were (supposedly) the only club with a solid interest in him last season. He hasn't had a great year, so why would anyone want to take him off our hands at this moment in time?

Unless he wants out, I'd say see how things are in pre season, and go from there. If he still looks a shadow of the loan player we had, maybe we need to look at trying to loan him out in the hope of earning himself a new club.

I just can't see anyone taking the chance right now though. A fully fit and interested Lee Tomlin would be like a new signing, and would frighten opposition teams IMO.

Perhaps with Tammy gone, he'll feel he can do more in terms of goals scored?

I don't think there is anyone among us who would love to see a team built around Tomlin and him playing at the peak of his powers, I genuinely believe that he has that spark that can light up a game and unlock defences. It does seem strange that his loan spell was so successful and that despite wanting to come, he seemed so generally out of sorts here. 
Unlike some, I don't believe that his interview in the middle of season was club propaganda and in that he referred to off field challenges, I wonder if getting married and moving to a new area all in one go may have been the issue. 
Hopefully, the summer may have given him and his wife a chance to get into a settled period and he may come back a new man.

35 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Johnson is hardly going to say that he's surplus to requirements, that drops his value down straight away.

My gut feeling is that he won't be here next season, but we'll see.

I agree with this as I don't read too much into LJ's interview. In the past players, who were not wanted, were officially placed on the transfer list (how quaint). Now players, and the manager, say they are staying whilst at the same time trying to arrange a move to another club. Of course, in the background, are the agents who make money from transfer so this complicated things. Everything operates away from general public knowledge until one player moves and the the domino affect takes over, usually in a mad rush at the end of the transfer window. 

36 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't think Bryan can play the WB role, you watch him every game he is knackered by 70 mins.

All about opinions. I think Bryan had little help filling in for him on the left side most of the season which may explain why he's shattered on 70mins.  When he had someone like O'Dowda helping him he looked much better.  A back 3 that included Mags playing on the left would mean Bryan had sufficient cover when an attack breaks down and he left stranded up front. 

6 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

All about opinions. I think Bryan had little help filling in for him on the left side most of the season which may explain why he's shattered on 70mins.  When he had someone like O'Dowda helping him he looked much better.  A back 3 that included Mags playing on the left would mean Bryan had sufficient cover when an attack breaks down and he left stranded up front. 

brillaint , job as coach for your good self

2 hours ago, Super said:

you missed the decimal point surely? 7.0

Or even .70 - Joe look slike a world beater for the first 48 seconds then he receives a pass - DOH !!

37 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

me too

Isn't the inference that as Tomo has re-tweeted that opinion about what he mean't by his thanking the fans, that he wants to stay?  Or I may be wide of the mark.

To be honest, we all know he wears his heart on his sleeve and he may well have just wanted some love after a hard season.

I'm so bored of the Lee Tomlin circus. Best thing he can do is stay off social media, which is obviously never going to happen. Social media was made for people like him: constant need for validation. 

This time last year I would have sold my right wotsit for us signing him permanently. Now? I honestly couldn't care less if he stays or goes. By the end of last season, we were a far far better team without him. 

Fleeting moments of brilliance are not enough, however wonderful they are to witness. 

3 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

I'm so bored of the Lee Tomlin circus. Best thing he can do is stay off social media, which is obviously never going to happen. Social media was made for people like him: constant need for validation. 

This time last year I would have sold my right wotsit for us signing him permanently. Now? I honestly couldn't care less if he stays or goes. By the end of last season, we were a far far better team without him. 

Fleeting moments of brilliance are not enough, however wonderful they are to witness. 

When you buy a packet of Wotsits, when pulling them out how do you know which is a left and which is a right? Not to be racist but they all look the same.

54 minutes ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

When you buy a packet of Wotsits, when pulling them out how do you know which is a left and which is a right? Not to be racist but they all look the same.

The ones with ridiculous, unfunded plans for massively increasing the size of the state sector and lefties.

The righties come in smaller packet, but your grandchildren won't still being paying for the delicious cheesyness in 25 years time.

tfj

1 hour ago, Fat Cigar said:

Hear, hear. Very well said. 

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think there is anyone among us who would love to see a team built around Tomlin and him playing at the peak of his powers, I genuinely believe that he has that spark that can light up a game and unlock defences. It does seem strange that his loan spell was so successful and that despite wanting to come, he seemed so generally out of sorts here. 
Unlike some, I don't believe that his interview in the middle of season was club propaganda and in that he referred to off field challenges, I wonder if getting married and moving to a new area all in one go may have been the issue. 
Hopefully, the summer may have given him and his wife a chance to get into a settled period and he may come back a new man.

Let's hope that ' New man ' is Neymar.

( Assuming that Holloway hasn't signed him ) 

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

not love?

Archived