IGNORED

Lee Tomlin staying?

Negan

2 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

When you buy a packet of Wotsits, when pulling them out how do you know which is a left and which is a right? Not to be racist but they all look the same.

Well I had a whole giant bag today and can confirm that they all taste the same as well.

Wotsits are my snack of choice and have been for years - always a multi pack in our house.

But today of all days I took a pack of my wife's similar in look spicy cheetos.

Im not saying the taste was not different and also pleasurable but I did feel guilty and dirty to the extent I needed a shower.

Never again :shutup:

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

Wotsits are my snack of choice and have been for years - always a multi pack in our house.

But today of all days I took a pack of my wife's similar in look spicy cheetos.

Im not saying the taste was not different and also pleasurable but I did feel guilty and dirty to the extent I needed a shower.

Never again :shutup:

Wotsits are the king of crisps.. are they technically a crisp? 

My nan for Christmas once bought the Asda brand of Wotsits, placed them in a bowl, unaware they weren't legitimate Wotsits I went it for a few... 

Never hit a woman.... could ruin a family Christmas get together. 

1 hour ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Wotsits are the king of crisps.. are they technically a crisp? 

My nan for Christmas once bought the Asda brand of Wotsits, placed them in a bowl, unaware they weren't legitimate Wotsits I went it for a few... 

Never hit a woman.... could ruin a family Christmas get together. 

The packets say corn puffs so I don't think they are crisps.

To be fair you buy wotsits copies and you are running a risk - police would not even bother taking that to court - case dismissed every time !!

12 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

The ones with ridiculous, unfunded plans for massively increasing the size of the state sector and lefties.

The righties come in smaller packet, but your grandchildren won't still being paying for the delicious cheesyness in 25 years time.

tfj

I can't believe  that someone  could produce such a  stupid post as this.

19 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

The ones with ridiculous, unfunded plans for massively increasing the size of the state sector and lefties.

The righties come in smaller packet, but your grandchildren won't still being paying for the delicious cheesyness in 25 years time.

tfj

I'll just leave this little article be Richard Murphy, Professor of International Political Economy at City University London. :whistle2:

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2016/03/13/the-conservatives-have-been-the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

My take on LT is as follows.

Everyone knows that I'm not an avid LJ fan but even I would credit him for signing Lee Tomlin because he is a very talented footballer and not because the fans wanted it.

It is also clear to me now that LT probably had some personal problems during the season; I know not what type and neither will I try to guess what they were. All I say is that all of us will react to situations in totally different ways and the recovery period from any personal trauma cannot be predicted. Thus performance at work can be affected or not, for months/years or a couple of days. Everybody is different. Some are more even in their mood swings, while others go so far up and then come crashing down. LT is one of the "long wave" variety.

Lee Tomlin is what my father used to call "A Tin Opener" of a player in that he can unlock defences with passes that 99% of players cannot see or try to do. When it works, it's a crowd pleaser and match winner. When it doesn't, we all know what that feels like.

It's up to LJ and the coaching team to decide if they want him in the team to provide that extra flair that others will never have. Or to fill the side with more predictable and more consistent players who may grind out results but will never get the fans jumping with their unpredictable genius. I know which I would prefer but fully understand the opposite view.

PS. This might be more suited to the thread "Lee Tomlins Staying" so I've copied and pasted it there. 

15 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Everyone knows that I'm not an avid LJ fan but even I would credit him for signing Lee Tomlin because he is a very talented footballer and not because the fans wanted it.

It is also clear to me now that LT probably had some personal problems during the season; I know not what type and neither will I try to guess what they were. All I say is that all of us will react to situations in totally different ways and the recovery period from any personal trauma cannot be predicted. Thus performance at work can be affected or not, for months/years or a couple of days. Everybody is different. Some are more even in their mood swings, while others go so far up and then come crashing down. LT is one of the "long wave" variety.

Lee Tomlin is what my father used to call "A Tin Opener" of a player in that he can unlock defences with passes that 99% of players cannot see or try to do. When it works, it's a crowd pleaser and match winner. When it doesn't, we all know what that feels like.

It's up to LJ and the coaching team to decide if they want him in the team to provide that extra flair that others will never have. Or to fill the side with more predictable and more consistent players who may grind out results but will never get the fans jumping with their unpredictable genius. I know which I would prefer but fully understand the opposite view.

PS. This might be more suited to the thread "Lee Tomlins Staying" so I've copied and pasted it there. 

I agree with the highlighted bit but to me in this league a 7/10 performance every week trumps the occasional 10/10 when the rest are 5s and everyone else has to work so much harder to accommodate it on the offchance that the 10 is going to come along on any given day. 

Football is so different to a normal workplace, for better and worse, and we're not the sort of club that can keep a very expensive player hanging around for a year or so in the hope that these issues may be resolved, whatever they are. 

I'm only reading of these off the pitch issues in recent times, is there anything behind them or is it a bit of an OTIB myth? Genuine question, I may well have missed something!

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

No, just can't cut our nose off just in case we can't sell him. It's documented we are looking for a buying club for him but if we do t sell, we still have a good player on our hands if he can get over the obstacle that is his ego

no it isn't prove it,

/its rumoured by msg boards but nothing documented 

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

It is indeed just another workplace and footballers are not immune from external issues affecting their performance. If LT is having a bad time for some reason and it's impacting on his performance I sympathise, being in the same boat to the extent I have offered to resign.

I have never subscribed to the 'they've got loads of money, they can't have problems' theory.

5 hours ago, NOTR said:

Never let the facts get in the way of a good right wing rant.

Just a thought.. If one party leaves office with a surplus for the new administration does it not follow that no borrowing is required or that repayments for any sum over and above the surplus can be negotiated down the road?

It usually follows that Labour love to spend and make people feel safe and happy, which they can do with the surplus left by the Conservatives, only to bankrupt the country and leave the incoming Tory administration to clean up the mess; this means cuts and, ironically, borrowing in the early years when there is no money. 

There are also arguments of growth and recession years, the war reparations that were discussed and many other factors. That Professor tries to make it black and white when it never can be and when anyone tries to reason with him he gets all defensive, in a bad way. 

Anyway, what was this thread all about?

15 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Just a thought.. If one party leaves office with a surplus for the new administration does it not follow that no borrowing is required or that repayments for any sum over and above the surplus can be negotiated down the road?

It usually follows that Labour love to spend and make people feel safe and happy, which they can do with the surplus left by the Conservatives, only to bankrupt the country and leave the incoming Tory administration to clean up the mess; this means cuts and, ironically, borrowing in the early years when there is no money. 

There are also arguments of growth and recession years, the war reparations that were discussed and many other factors. That Professor tries to make it black and white when it never can be and when anyone tries to reason with him he gets all defensive, in a bad way. 

Anyway, what was this thread all about?

Wrong. The recession would have happened Whoever was in power. This government have spent more money than labour while hitting the normal person and most vulnerable where it hurts. At the same time spending billions on subsidising oil rigs, and cutting taxes for the super rich. You just have to look at their manifesto for proof. I enjoy reading your posts havantopia and this isn't a pop at you. Anyone who is still voting Tory either doesn't understand what they are voting for/is super rich/is brainwashed by the propaganda and bs in the media. IMO.

anyway lets hope Tomlin is back to his best next season if he's still here!!

Archived