IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

40 minutes ago, Super said:

What depth England have in the batting now Moeen at eight, woakes to come back will bat 9. They cant keep bailing out the top order though.

The trouble is, with it being the West Indies next who are awful, poor performances from the top order will be disguised and not found out again until The Ashes start.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Super said:

TRJ i expect.

I agree that should be his replacement, but at what point does it happen? You're not dropping a bloke who's picking up big wickets and scoring a few runs in a series against SA unless the other person was showing stupendous form elsewhere and it's unlikely Woakes will play in the West Indies series?

5 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I was listening to TMS earlier today at work: had to turn it off but at that point Amla and du Plessis were anchored heading towards tea and I figured we had blown a chance. Just logged back on and I see I missed another corking finish.

Same here. When I last checked the score they were 160-odd for 3 and looking comfortable. Got home from work to see Moeen being interviewed with a cheque in his hand.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Hales has hit a run a ball 218 for Notts today to give the selectors a nudge. At the other end of the scale Hameed is channelling his inner Boycott with an unbeaten 69 off almost as many balls as Hales faced for his double hundred. 

He's had his chance opening for England. He's not even opening for Notts! Who do we move out of the middle order for him?

Just now, EmersonsRed said:

Woakesy? Root second spin? How many spinners we gonna wanna play down under?

Could go either way with Woakes, either a straight swap for Roland-Jones (who I personally don't think would suit Australian pitches), or in for Malan with Stokes, Bairstow etc shifting up.

Hales' name cropped up on Sky yesterday and the suggestion was that if he did ever get a recall it would be in the middle order, probably at No.5.

6 hours ago, The Bard said:

Mawlan, Ballance , Westley. I'd pick him and Buttler for the Ashes..

Who are you playing 3? Hales 3? He's never played there!

no chance of that happening.

I think we might see

Cook, Stoneman, Westley, Root, Stokes, Bairstow, Ali, Woakes, TRJ, Broad, Anderson for game 1 against WI and go from there