IGNORED

The "But" Game (to keep us interested)

Port Said Red

On a couple of the threads some posters were discussing whether certain transfer windows were good or bad, based on who we signed in that window. And it made me think of the "But Game" that was invented by actor Mark Strong. The original game is based on films and grew out of the credits you see at the beginning of a film. You will have seen "and" or "with" in film credits when a well known actor is going to play a minor role in a movie. In film terms you might say for example.

Iron Man stars Robert Downey Jr. Terrence Howard. Jeff Bridges. "But" Gwyneth Paltrow. Obviously this could be turned around in another example where the "But" is a positive. 

In my version of the game you would do the same with players signed in the same transfer window,  for example January 2014 we signed Karleigh Osbourne and James Tavernier both of which had a reasonable impact "but" Adam El Abd! 

Anyone fancy playing? 

30 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

On a couple of the threads some posters were discussing whether certain transfer windows were good or bad, based on who we signed in that window. And it made me think of the "But Game" that was invented by actor Mark Strong. The original game is based on films and grew out of the credits you see at the beginning of a film. You will have seen "and" or "with" in film credits when a well known actor is going to play a minor role in a movie. In film terms you might say for example.

Iron Man stars Robert Downey Jr. Terrence Howard. Jeff Bridges. "But" Gwyneth Paltrow. Obviously this could be turned around in another example where the "But" is a positive. 

In my version of the game you would do the same with players signed in the same transfer window,  for example January 2014 we signed Karleigh Osbourne and James Tavernier both of which had a reasonable impact "but" Adam El Abd! 

Anyone fancy playing? 

Terry Cooper, Steve Cotterill BUT Lee Johnson.

None of the above have got anything to do with Transfer Windows though. :( 

I was thinking more along the lines that has been discussed on the Saidy Janko thread. In the same window we brought in. Nicky Hunt, Damien Stewart BUT Albert Adomah! (Thats a positive one obviously. :) 

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I was thinking more along the lines that has been discussed on the Saidy Janko thread. In the same window we brought in. Nicky Hunt, Damien Stewart BUT Albert Adomah! (Thats a positive one obviously. :) 

I'll try again then.

Converse and vans but daps.

Is that better? :blink:

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Oh alright then,not a transfer window but,Clive Whitehead,Alan Walsh,Scott Murray but Ralph Milne.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What about  Specials and Madness but Bad Manners :cool:

Bad Manners? Lorraine was a classic I'll have you know. :clapping:

'Lorraine punched me on the nose, so I slapped her round the head, 
Then we talked the whole thing out, and went straight to bed'

Shakespearean mate, Shakespearean! 

Louis Carey and Shaun Taylor but Sean Dyche.

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Lansdown stand, Dolman Stand, South Stand BUT Atyeo stand.

Or,Lansdown stand,Dolman stand,South stand,Atyeo stand but a tent stand,I mean really.

Archived