IGNORED

Glastonbury

joe jordans teeth

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I've never been able to get into rap and believe me..I haven't tried .

Perhaps you should if it's a choice between what we had tonight on the box.I always said between Coldplay and Radiohead it would be hard to choose between the most depressing band but I think Radiohead take that title clearly 

23 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Perhaps you should if it's a choice between what we had tonight on the box.I always said between Coldplay and Radiohead it would be hard to choose between the most depressing band but I think Radiohead take that title clearly 

Sorry mate, your "stuff" means more than nothing to me, not my culture, I can't relate to it at all...but not going to get into a row, each to his own.

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry mate, your "stuff" means more than nothing to me, not my culture, I can't relate to it at all...but not going to get into a row, each to his own.

What do you mean my "stuff ",is it cuz I is black.Im not by the way so I guess it's not my culture either but I can appreciate all types of music.

2 hours ago, eastonboy said:

Radiohead were absolutely awesome.

I enjoyed their set - very 'Glasto'.

However the reviews have been mixed, and I, for one, lay the blame firmly at the feet of Teresa May.

She has been in Government for years, including as Home Secretary, and she cannot escape blame for any disappointment.

And has she shown her face to apologise today yet? HAS SHE ****.

Only Corbyn is showing true leadership by 'getting down here' and standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the you voters. 

Whoops I mean 'young people', not 'voters'.

:comando:

tfj

Just now, Portland Bill said:

I watched 5 minutes, it felt like my tv or their instruments needed retuning! 

Truly shocking. I really worry for people who like that music depressing stuff.

4 hours ago, eastonboy said:

Radiohead were absolutely awesome.

Having seen Radiohead on at least 3 occasions live, i wouldnt have put that performance into the 'awesome' category.

They could've just played the 'Bends' in full and that would've been better. Some of the rubbish post OK Computer just isn't worth playing. And i'm a Radiohead fan.

46 minutes ago, Super said:

Truly shocking. I really worry for people who like that music depressing stuff.

I'm glad we have the variety of genres we do, to mirror the full range of situations we experience in life.

Wallowing in somber music can prove useful in helping people get through difficult times.  

I really worry for people who try to suppress negative emotions because they are too difficult to handle; not healthy at all. 

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What do you mean my "stuff ",is it cuz I is black.Im not by the way so I guess it's not my culture either but I can appreciate all types of music.

Ok, let's call it a generation thing then , I'm old ! The "culture" thing is about me picking up an old tennis racket when I was a kid and I WAS Hank Marvin but I couldn't BE Chuck Berry (as much as I dug his music ! :cool:

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I watched 5 minutes, it felt like my tv or their instruments needed retuning! 

You couldn't come away whistling the tunes, I'll give you that.But I did find the early part of the set interesting but started singing along to the "old" stuff !

sorry.....for a minute there, I lost myself

:cool:

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I'm glad we have the variety of genres we do, to mirror the full range of situations we experience in life.

Wallowing in somber music can prove useful in helping people get through difficult times.  

I really worry for people who try to suppress negative emotions because they are too difficult to handle; not healthy at all. 

Not sure listening to them is going to help anyone in a good way.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Having seen Radiohead on at least 3 occasions live, i wouldnt have put that performance into the 'awesome' category.

They could've just played the 'Bends' in full and that would've been better. Some of the rubbish post OK Computer just isn't worth playing. And i'm a Radiohead fan.

They are always a bit arrogant and play what they like - when I saw them on the park at glasto in 2011 they practically drained both the main stages of crowds before proceeding to play all of The King of Limbs and 2/3rds of the crowd had left by time they gave a token crack of fake plastic trees.

Next evening Pulp turned up at the park and possibly did the set of the festival playing every one of their hits.. a lesson how to do it.

From a pure musical/technical aspect they were unbeliably good last night.. but yeah a few more from PH and TB wouldn't have gone a miss.. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Not sure listening to them is going to help anyone in a good way.

Dude man, your negative energy is starting to bring the whole vibe down.

Sure, their sound and delivery can be a tad despairing at times but a lot of the messages in the lyrics aren't unhelpful.  Take 'Karma Police' off the top of my head; a song about a judgemental person in society learning not to be judgemental.  What's not good about that?

I think their lyrics and the message that the world is a bit shitty but there is hope is what their fans (for whom there are many) identify with.

I think to benefit from listening to them it probably helps if you're a) a depressed teenager or b) you have a melancholic disposition or c) you're a bit pissed off today anyway.

Not everyone's cup of tea, granted.  I don't mind a bit of them though, in small doses.

16 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Dude man, your negative energy is starting to bring the whole vibe down.

Sure, their sound and delivery can be a tad despairing at times but a lot of the messages in the lyrics aren't unhelpful.  Take 'Karma Police' off the top of my head; a song about a judgemental person in society learning not to be judgemental.  What's not good about that?

I think their lyrics and the message that the world is a bit shitty but there is hope is what their fans (for whom there are many) identify with.

I think to benefit from listening to them it probably helps if you're a) a depressed teenager or b) you have a melancholic disposition or c) you're a bit pissed off today anyway.

Not everyone's cup of tea, granted.  I don't mind a bit of them though, in small doses.

Your Neal from The Young Ones, and I claim my pair of crushed velvet loons.

9 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

You could buy 2/3 of a pack of patchouli joss sticks for that!

Oh yeah man, good point.

And to think I only need to be told I'm Neil from the Young Ones another two hundred and eighty one and a half times an I can get a whole packet.  That's far out man!

Now you'll have to excuse me I'm sorry I'm off for some transcendental meditation, I'm beginning to lose my way a bit man, you know, losing the connection.

Peace man, hope to see you on the other side.

Archived