IGNORED

Oxford United badge on the new away shirts

BrightCiderLife

6 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but has anyone else spotted the Oxford badge inside the new away shirts? 

Anyone else who's got one, does yours have it too?

Always Look on the BrightCiderLife

IMG_1092.JPG

Guys It's just to help O'dowda settle down a bit more after his post season conflab with LJ....

Nice work City!

52 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Don't forget the fishnets you kinky so and so... ;)

I actually see *ahem* the bell-end of a man's genitalia rather than lady legs akimbo... 

Am I a wrong 'un or do I win?

It's down to the Snake. He's from Oxford ain't he? It must be him...

Definitely screams muff, not wanger. But each to their own. :whistle:

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I actually see *ahem* the bell-end of a man's genitalia rather than lady legs akimbo... 

Am I a wrong 'un or do I win?

Well in-keeping with the all inclusive image that Bristol Sport like to promote, maybe it's supposed to represent a hermaphrodite?

The bigger question is why, at Steve L's age he hasn't yet grown out of drawing genitalia all over things for a laugh?

I think we've found our wrongn' !!

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Well in-keeping with the all inclusive image that Bristol Sport like to promote, maybe it's supposed to represent a hermaphrodite?

The bigger question is why, at Steve L's age he hasn't yet grown out of drawing genitalia all over things for a laugh?

I think we've found our wrongn' !!

NSFW and fully expect a mod to remove and give me a warning point but...

Steve Lansdown's childhood???

• Admin
4 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

More important, what will happen to the poor guys who made the odd mistake probably after an 18 hour shift. If anything  Bristol Sport should be concerned about their well being

18 hour shift, pah, we used to work work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

Call me the innocent but the Bristol Sport logo is now an immovable vision in my head, in both its forms. Thanks all!  :blink:

It seems that we are becoming the vanguard of the 'one gender fits all' society.  :fear:

11 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Steve Lansdown's childhood???

Pssssst, I've not copied the vid as I do not want to draw further attention to it, I think you may just have got it through customs with your clever use of reverse-psychology.

It does go to show in Steve L's case just how difficult sustained change is.  All these years later and he still couldn't help himself putting a cheeky one on the BS logo.  

He needs support not ridicule right now.

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fair play to Bristol Sport for a swift and clear response

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/bristol-sport-investigate-isolated-kit-label/

While it's fair enough they've responded in this way - I think "We have worked extremely hard to provide supporters of Bristol City with a unique, quality kit which is both affordable to supporters and commercially viable for the club." isn't a fair reflection

A plain shirt, albeit purple isn't actually that unique & I wouldn't consider it affordable... If a shirt isn't commercially viable at anything less than £40 then 'in sourcing' may not have been the best idea after all

Fwiw I will probably buy a shirt - but it would be in place of a match ticket and night down the pub

Is £25 unreasonably cheap for an 'own brand' football shirt?

6 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

While it's fair enough they've responded in this way - I think "We have worked extremely hard to provide supporters of Bristol City with a unique, quality kit which is both affordable to supporters and commercially viable for the club." isn't a fair reflection

A plain shirt, albeit purple isn't actually that unique & I wouldn't consider it affordable... If a shirt isn't commercially viable at anything less than £40 then 'in sourcing' may not have been the best idea after all

Fwiw I will probably buy a shirt - but it would be in place of a match ticket and night down the pub

Is £25 unreasonably cheap for an 'own brand' football shirt?

As long as you willingly pay £40 Why would they drop it to £25 ..?

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

As long as you willingly pay £40 Why would they drop it to £25 ..?

I wouldn't consider myself your average city fan to be honest, i'll go out of my way to get one because it's something to identify me as a city fan on the 5 a side pitch or travelling to an away game from Birmingham.

I was merely saying I wouldn't protest about it - it's not a case of "if everyone stands by and does nothing, there will be no change". I just think Bristol Sport would actually make more money by selling more shirts for cheaper and deiscribing shirts as affordable is a bit far fetched

I'd love to know the mark up on this.

The idea that we produce our own shirts is to increase profit that goes back into the club. That's great and helps boost the coffers.

However, if the shirt is relatively cheap to produce (let's say £5 per shirt hypothetically) then by flogging a shirt at £40 means the net profit is £35 or 700% profit. 

If they reduced the price to say £30 for a shirt, yes net profit is down 200% but that might sit better with people and may actually boost sales.

Ok ST and Forever Bristol members get discount - 20% max correct?

But what about exiles or people who don't come often enough to make a ST/Forever Bristol membership worthwhile? Why should this demographic, however small, be excluded?

Perhaps they should trial early bird prices like with the STs. Non members can pre-order shirts with the same discount as STHs until the shop is stocked. Thereafter STHs can continue to buy discounted but non-members have to pay full whack if they didn't buy during the early bird... simples.

15 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

I wouldn't consider myself your average city fan to be honest, i'll go out of my way to get one because it's something to identify me as a city fan on the 5 a side pitch or travelling to an away game from Birmingham.

I was merely saying I wouldn't protest about it - it's not a case of "if everyone stands by and does nothing, there will be no change". I just think Bristol Sport would actually make more money by selling more shirts for cheaper and deiscribing shirts as affordable is a bit far fetched

Fair enough,  I'm not sure if they would to be honest.  I think either you're a person who buys a football shirt or you're not. If they were a tenner I still wouldn't buy one . :thumbsup:

Archived