IGNORED

Poll: what's your view and feeling on transfers or lack of so far

The Humble Realist

What is your current mood around transfers ?  

282 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Be interesting to gauge the general mood on the lack of transfer activity so far. 

Im not overly worried as not even pre season yet but am slightly concerned that we seem to be linked with players in leagues below or abroad as feel we need a bit of nous and experience. Hopefully these players are still to come 

Monday 3rd July is when training starts and until then many players & managers are on holiday. Contracts usually run July - June. I'll be concerned if in two week's time the squad has not been strengthened.

Interesting poll and good to see the last 2 options are zero percent but slight problem is I would feel different answering this poll in a weeks time than I do now I think so the percentages will lose meaning if this poll stays around a while.

Maybe post it again next Saturday and we all start again?

Don't matter what he does, he`s safe enough till way past xmas then...... probably the following xmas.

ST`s are sold and LJ walks on water and can he do no wrong, bring on Europe, prem and various other dreams.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We probably already have a few but just waiting to announce them when the window opens. Not at all concerned. 

Why wait?

I'm not waving a panic flag but Plymouth, for example, have already signed four players.

The past seasons when we've done really well have tended to be preceded by a summer of early transfer business so you have the players all together and training for two months.

If we haven't announced any signings then the obvious conclusion to draw is that we haven't made any.

I voted "concerned" for exactly the reason stated in the poll.

Not worried at all. I like the core of our squad. We need genuine quality so I'd rather us get the few we need right. Best way to do that is to get your list of players and work hard on the ones at the top of the list. Hopefully that is why no one has been announced yet. Signings have been made throughout Europe but generally there hasn't been much movement yet as a whole. 

29 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Don't matter what he does, he`s safe enough till way past xmas then...... probably the following xmas.

ST`s are sold and LJ walks on water and can he do no wrong, bring on Europe, prem and various other dreams.

I think you're in the wrong thread.

22 minutes ago, hodge said:

Given the strengthening rumours about the right back not concerned at all, shows there work being done to bring people in. 

I don't doubt that for an instant, but if the club and deal are attractive to the player then they come running.

I'm not worrying and demanding panic signings but I would have expected one decent signing by now.  If we haven't made one it is because our offer hasn't been accepted.

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not concerned at all. I'm banking on it being a good sign, More often then not quality players have options and, therefore, sign later in the window for Burnley.

Corrected for you ;)

Whilst not signing anyone yet may not be a outright bad sign I think that to describe it as a good sign is pushing it.

42 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

No he`s not. He, like some others, uses any thread as an excuse to slag the club, LJ and SL off

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Nah.

He's a miserable **** in every single thread in which he posts.

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think you're in the wrong thread.

You don't know me at all, but maybe you shouldn't believe quite everything that is written though.

Anyway done my 50yrs been to most grounds, so I`ll leave you in peace now to enjoy whats to come this season, whatever that is.

Over and out ....WUM :mf_sleep:

(same time same place next year?)

19 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Why wait?

I'm not waving a panic flag but Plymouth, for example, have already signed four players.

The past seasons when we've done really well have tended to be preceded by a summer of early transfer business so you have the players all together and training for two months.

If we haven't announced any signings then the obvious conclusion to draw is that we haven't made any.

I voted "concerned" for exactly the reason stated in the poll.

Never assume , makes an Ass out of U and me .

20 hours ago, glos old boy said:

You don't know me at all, but maybe you shouldn't believe quite everything that is written though.

20 hours ago, cynic said:

Thanks.

Anyway done my 50yrs been to most grounds, so I`ll leave you in peace now to enjoy whats to come this season, whatever that is.

Over and out ....WUM :mf_sleep:

(same time same place next year?)

Bad news mate......I`m still here :yes: 

I'm not panicking too much- it isn't even July yet and better to get in some decent ones (we hope) rather than any old individual on the market.

Then again? Two strikers needed IMO- and a right back also. Let's hope to see some more indicators soon. Could be stuff going on behind the scenes for all we know but kept tightly under wraps so we aren't gazumped.

Archived