IGNORED

Bristol City Tattoos (Merged)

Rossi the Robin

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I hate tattoos, but each to his own. Even if you like tattoos there are two big disadvantages of having them. First, they are there for life unless you have expensive laser treatment to get rid of them. Fashions change but you are stuck with the same old tattoo. This might not matter to a City fan as it is unlikely he / she will change allegiance. The second problem is worse. Tattoos start off as a nice sharp design with clear features, but over time the clarity fades away. Have a nice robin now and in 20 years time you will have a faded blob. 

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Have to disagree there mate. That may well have been true of the older `navy` type tattoos but mine is 35+ years old and looks as crisp and fresh as the day it was done.

Had mine 20 years now and on my upper arm and I think mine is quite unique...It's of the Bristol crest with Bristol City FC written underneath it I had the outer double rimmed and had the spaces coloured black...I have had lots of compliments and nothing negative and still looks good today and never regretted it

I had mine done in 1990 the bulldog came of our invasion of germany 88 t shirt which the artist used then just added the red kit with the with lines down it. for a tattoo thats going on 30 years old i dont think it looks to bad. do i regreat it? no not at all local team ,local pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I had a chat with Inkie once about having Bristol City written in a graffiti style at the time when Celtic bands were all the rage... when I saw him last he said he designed it but never got round to posting it to me at the time...

Hence I'm all clean!

Also on a stag do in Amsterdam me and a gas pall were going to get our badges but couldn't find a shop open at 5am...

Few!

Just now, Judda said:

I had a chat with Inkie once about having Bristol City written in a graffiti style at the time when Celtic bands were all the rage... when I saw him last he said he designed it but never got round to posting it to me at the time...

Hence I'm all clean!

Also on a stag do in Amsterdam me and a gas pall were going to get our badges but couldn't find a shop open at 5am...

Few!

Is that a euphemism? I doubt it since I`m sure one of THOSE shops would have been open at 5am.

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just a thought. When you have your whole arm tattooed it`s called a sleeve. Surely if you have your whole leg done it should be called a trouser leg shouldn`t it?:robbored:

Ha Ha I walked into that one didn't I. Now that you mentioned it I actually went and googled to see if it had its own name but no it's still called a leg sleeve or some people say leg piece. 

My step dad has decided he wants a City tattoo, probably of the current crest, so I was wondering if anyone here has suggestions for an artist? Please post pics too if you are recommending from your own experience. (I'm thinking about getting the classic Murray image as a tattoo as well)

Cheers all.

1 hour ago, TheHalovex said:

My step dad has decided he wants a City tattoo, probably of the current crest, so I was wondering if anyone here has suggestions for an artist? Please post pics too if you are recommending from your own experience. (I'm thinking about getting the classic Murray image as a tattoo as well)

Cheers all.

Do a search on here for City Tattoos, I know it’s been discussed on here a few times & people have recommended & shared pictures of their tattoos.

• Admin
1 hour ago, TheHalovex said:

Cheers all.

20 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Do a search on here for City Tattoos, I know it’s been discussed on here a few times & people have recommended & shared pictures of their tattoos.

@TheHalovex @Tipps69 Have merged the latest thread with the one from last summer

On 25/06/2017 at 12:43, Juan Kerr said:

I think you are more alternative/ avant garde, if you don't have a tat, these days.

Each to their own etc etc.

Well I have one of a stoat, probably not avant garde but if anyone else has one on here I’d be surprised.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Cheers.  I have had a look through and can't find any detailed ones of the current crest, and even less detail about where people have had the work done. I'll keep looking though in case I'm being blind...

Archived