IGNORED

6-1 to go down

Cap flinger

42 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

8/1 plus 6/1 is broadly 3/1, so taking a 1 in 4 bet that City will finish in one of 6 out of 24 positions, so a pretty even bet on the face of it. Obviously this is predicated on believing City have as much chance of finishing in one of the 6 positions as the other 18. On recent experience that's probably unlikely for the top 3? Doesn't mean it won't be a winning bet though. 

Are you any good at algebra as well?

2 minutes ago, Cap flinger said:

Not sure how this relates to next season

Well it should be obvious but the point is that number of goals scored in isolation means nothing. You could win the league and score 40 goals or score 80 and get relegated. 

Huddersfield are playing premier league football next season despite the majority of teams in the league scoring more than them, including a team which only escaped relegation on the last day. 

We scored more last season than half the teams in the league yet battled relegation until the bitter end.

Point being 1-0 is better than 4-5 !

3 hours ago, Cap flinger said:

I'm not saying that whoever score the least goals goes down but really do fear the worst with the lack of fire power we have.

we have been in bad situations for the last 2 seasons and managed to escape, that may not happen this season. 

Im not attending this season as I will be staying away until we get a new manager, think I will put the cost of my season ticket on relegation. Best part of 3k back if I'm proved right and city still in the championship if I'm wrong! Win win really!

Gawd you are an inspiration, I have said many times it's this sort of negative 'support' that is Bristol City, and it does hold us back I fear, so why don't you just go..quietly, and mind the door doesn't hit you in the face on the way out, Drama Queen.  

9 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Gawd you are an inspiration, I have said many times it's this sort of negative 'support' that is Bristol City, and it does hold us back I fear, so why don't you just go..quietly, and mind the door doesn't hit you in the face on the way out, Drama Queen.  

If you think me posting my views on a forum is holding the club back then I'm afraid you are very much deluded 

i will always by a city support and will return when the club is in more capable hands

2 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

8/1 plus 6/1 is broadly 3/1, so taking a 1 in 4 bet that City will finish in one of 6 out of 24 positions, so a pretty even bet on the face of it. Obviously this is predicated on believing City have as much chance of finishing in one of the 6 positions as the other 18. On recent experience that's probably unlikely for the top 3? Doesn't mean it won't be a winning bet though. 

What are your views on Einstein's theory of relativity? 

2 hours ago, Cap flinger said:

If you think me posting my views on a forum is holding the club back then I'm afraid you are very much deluded 

i will always by a city support and will return when the club is in more capable hands

I don't understand how you can write us off in June, especially as we haven't as yet had any new additions to the squad. You want more 'capable' hands, then just who do you suggest? For the life of me I don't know who we could bring in as head coach that would be any more committed to the cause then the present incumbent, and I do hope we can progress with more stability. This season I think will be the make or break of Lee another season fighting off relegation will  harden even the likes of me to see a change. In truth I was in the Lee OUT camp, especially after the Villa defeat, I lost it, as did a lot of other City fans, but the run in was very good, and the Brighton win was proof to me that he can learn whilst in the job. What I would like is to see less of the post that you put up, that was uncalled for imo.

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I don't understand how you can write us off in June, especially as we haven't as yet had any new additions to the squad. You want more 'capable' hands, then just who do you suggest? For the life of me I don't know who we could bring in as head coach that would be any more committed to the cause then the present incumbent, and I do hope we can progress with more stability. This season I think will be the make or break of Lee another season fighting off relegation will  harden even the likes of me to see a change. In truth I was in the Lee OUT camp, especially after the Villa defeat, I lost it, as did a lot of other City fans, but the run in was very good, and the Brighton win was proof to me that he can learn whilst in the job. What I would like is to see less of the post that you put up, that was uncalled for imo.

How about alan pardew or is that setting my hopes to high.we have not progressed in 8 years and you think it's all right to have a trainee manager who we all feel sorry for because he was a former powerhouse in midfield for us

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

What are your views on Einstein's theory of relativity

This one?

Your sister is your mother, Your father is your brother, You all s*ag one another, The Norwich Family...

:)

10 hours ago, Cap flinger said:

As it says 6-1 with Ladbrokes to get relegated. 

Personally with the lack of any transfers and the absence of Tammy I think this is a massive price!

Dont get me wrong I would hate for us to go down but thinking with my head and not my heart i may have to get stuck into that price.

I might have some of that....last season a clueless head coach bought loads of players, changed the formation/tactics relentlessly, couldn't handle certain players despite being their boss and wrote himself into our history books for being the guy who oversaw the worst run of defeats EVER in our history and admitted in April that he didn't know what he was doing! 

After all that he somehow kept hold of his job and ensured our survival by just 3 points and after doing so felt it appropriate to flounce around on stage with The Wurzels after the last game.

He has achieved zero as a manager - at three clubs - of course the pro LJ club will wake up now and say "give him a chance next season"  - too little, too late. When will we actually appoint a proven, successful manager at our level...not too much to ask?!

29 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

How about alan pardew or is that setting my hopes to high.we have not progressed in 8 years and you think it's all right to have a trainee manager who we all feel sorry for because he was a former powerhouse in midfield for us

You are setting your hopes too high. I think that the likes of Pardew would want too much money, both for himself and his players, as well as too much control within the club structure. 

8 hours ago, Cap flinger said:

Feel free to come back to me when the big name signings come in

???

Who on earth cares about big name signings? David James was a big name. He cost us a fortune and did not push the team on. Nicky Hunt had 127 premier league appearances and he was awful. Adam Matthews. Evander Sno was a big name too and that did not help us much. Nicky Shorey and Jody Morris were big names and offered little too.

On the other hand, our top scorers over the last two seasons were a guy from the second tier of French football and then a kid who had never started a professional game when he joined us.

I really, really, really cannot stress enough how little I care whether we make "big name" signings. I want players who are good enough, not mediocre players hiding behind big reputations.

On 2017-06-26 at 13:25, Cap flinger said:

As it says 6-1 with Ladbrokes to get relegated. 

Personally with the lack of any transfers and the absence of Tammy I think this is a massive price!

Dont get me wrong I would hate for us to go down but thinking with my head and not my heart i may have to get stuck into that price.

Forget about it.

1 minute ago, Cap flinger said:

A 30 year old 2 division defender! Ha, typical small minded thinking that has never given us premier league football!

Hardly signing of the year is it

30 years old, so at his peak as a defender.

Just won promotion and through his career has played a lot (over 100 games) in Serie A, the FIRST division, in a nation known for having a very defensive style.

"Small minded thinking" sums up your view perfectly. You have written off our new signing based on him being at his prime as a defender (totally backwards logic to start with) and what? Him not being a top 4 Premier League starter? Remember that Ivorian striker we bought who we signed from a French second division side? What about that kiddie who had never played a senior game before coming here last season? They were shit too weren't they...

27 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

30 years old, so at his peak as a defender.

Just won promotion and through his career has played a lot (over 100 games) in Serie A, the FIRST division, in a nation known for having a very defensive style.

"Small minded thinking" sums up your view perfectly. You have written off our new signing based on him being at his prime as a defender (totally backwards logic to start with) and what? Him not being a top 4 Premier League starter? Remember that Ivorian striker we bought who we signed from a French second division side? What about that kiddie who had never played a senior game before coming here last season? They were shit too weren't they...

So I called Tammy and Jonathon shit did I?

ive spoken to my Italian friend who follows a team in Seria b and he has informed me that he is average and slow so that is what I am going on

Just now, Cap flinger said:

ive spoken to my Italian friend who follows a team in Seria b and he has informed me that he is average and slow so that is what I am going on

No, I applied the reasoning you were using to those two signings to prove how stupid and "small minded" it was.

If you spoke to an Italian friend who said that, then why not say that was your reason for writing him off? 

There have been Hellas Veronas fans bemoaning that they have lost their proven Serie A defender, he also just finished 2nd in Serie B. That simple fact in itself contradicts the claim of him being "average"

Never mind though, he's useless, it's confirmed before he has even had a training session with us.

1 hour ago, Cap flinger said:

You are a gas head in a wind up 

ether that or a **** wit

Archived