IGNORED

Best city 11 at the moment?

reddogkev

What's the best of the current squad?  The more creative, imaginative, the better!

Here's mine - feel free to judge and improve upon...

FF

T Moore     Flint       Wright      Magnusson

Patterson   Pack     Smith     O'Dowda

Tomlin

McCoulsky  (the new Tammy!)      

Can't understand the obsession with our lot putting centre halves at full back. The sport has evolved, no longer does a full back just tackle and pass it forward, look at the top full backs in the world, they're always over lapping and regularly receiving the ball in the final third. Bryan has disappointed me too at times as he hasn't reached the heights he did in league one but for me he's still improving and has a lot of desirable qualities for a full back. Averaged more interceptions per game than anyone else in the squad and more tackles than everyone else except Little. 1 goal and 2 assist (5 assists in all comps) doesn't scream creative and highlights his crossing can be inconsistent, but only Tommo and Tammy got fouled more often, and Pato was the only player who completed more dribbles per match than Bryan. He's far from perfect and needs to step it up a gear, especially if we want to be challenging at the right end of the table in years to come but Bryan over Magnusson every day for me.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Hence why we need a lot of new players!

Honestly don't think we need too many; for me, the priority is to replace Tammy and find a good enough 2nd keeper. or even better still, someone better than FF.

I reckon we've got a decent bit of strength in depth.

4 minutes ago, Hydey said:

Engvall has only played for the u21's

Nope, he has full international appearances to his name in January 2016: vs Estonia and Finland.

These fixtures were not during a dedicated FIFA international fixture period and the squad was made up only of players playing their football in Scandinavia where leagues were not active at that time of year.

Bristol City 3-5-2 football formation

This is what I'd go for at this moment in time. Bryan and Magnusson's versatility means this can easily transform into a 442 (Brownhill right midfield, Bryan left) or a diamond with Brownhill as a number 10. It's pretty interchangeable, has a good mix of energy and ability on the ball, and I personally believe that with experience together, Milan and Taylor could be a decent strike partnership. Also I expect Hegeler will walk into our team once he has adapted to England. For me he is far and away our most talented midfielder in terms of footballing ability and intelligence, but we didn't see this much last year as he came to a new country and team, at a very difficult time.

Where are people getting the idea Taylor Moore is even remotely good enough?

A number of U23 games I watched this year he was bullied by strikers and looked as his age suggests a inexperienced young player. 

He went on loan to Bury for a reason.... that's the standard he's at. (At this moment)

Feilding

Pisano     Flint   Wright    Bryan

Brownhill Hegeler Smith Paterson

Tomlin

Diédhiou

Harsh on Pack but I believe Hegeler has more to offer             

38 minutes ago, Fishponds_Red said:

Feilding

Tomlin

Diédhiou

I see that you - like a few others - have included Diedhiou; but correct me if I'm wrong, we haven't signed him yet, have we?

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I see that you - like a few others - have included Diedhiou; but correct me if I'm wrong, we haven't signed him yet, have we?

Just hasn't been announced yet. Done deal.

10 hours ago, Fishponds_Red said:

Feilding

Tomlin

Diédhiou

I like that line up - I'd definitely have Hegeler in, he's a classy footballer. Not sure who to choose between Smith and Pack but like your team there....

Fielding 

Pisano      Flint         Magnasson      Bryant

Pack        Smith 

Brownhill      Tomlin       Patterson 

Diedhiou

Lucic, Moore, Wright, Hegeler, Djuric, O'dowda,  Taylor 

Lucic

Pisano  Wright  Magnusson Bryan

Smith            Pack

Paterson       Brownhill     O'Dowda

Diedhiou

This would be my team for first half vs Manor Farm

Paterson and Brownhill can be swapped.

Fielding 

Pisano Flint Wright Bryan

Brownhill  Pack  Smith 

Tomlin     Paterson

Diedhiou 

On 26/06/2017 at 21:20, Davefevs said:

GK: Fielding

RB: shit

:P

Let's start again.  Assuming no more incomings or any outgoings:

GK: Fielding

RB: Pisano

LB: Bryan

CBs: Flint & Wright

RM: Paterson

LM: O'Dowda

CM: Pack & Smith

ST: Diedhiou & Djuric

Subs: Lukic, Moore, Magnússon, Hegeler, Brownhill, Taylor, then anyone from Engvall / Wilbraham / Tomlin / O'Neil / Reid etc

Looks like a 442 on paper but want my wide midfielders to not just stay wide, because I want to create space for my fullbacks to overlap.  Smith and Pack to not be too adventurous - certainly not together.

Archived