IGNORED

Favourite player off all time

Hadital

Being reading a lot of the names people are saying, and it's hard not to disagree that they are all-time greats but.. Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to nailed it down to just one.

My first game was in 1970 and that is one hell of a lot of City heroes

Agree it is very difficult to nail it down to one player. My first game was 1971 (one nil loss to Sheffield United). If push comes to shove, I would have to say Gerry Gow. He wouldn't stay on the pitch more than a few minutes nowadays mind. Blah blah blah, "we lived in a paper bag in the middle of the road" etc.

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, my bad, misread the title :P

In that case John Emanuel for twatting Willie Johnston at WBA !

Sorry mate got to disagree with you there. Surely Gerard Lavin at reading is the best city player off for the manner of his dismissal? 

Can I pick two - loved the Glyn Riley and Steve Neville combination.

Favourite player for best laugh ever was Bas Savage - cant remember what home match it was when he was clean through and kinda kicked himself and fell over - the whole Dolman was absolutely pi**ing itself  :clapping:

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, my bad, misread the title :P

In that case John Emanuel for twatting Willie Johnston at WBA !

Was there for this , you had to be there , Johnston was a **** , tried it on with Emanuel who did not just hit him he beat shit out of him on the floor , both sent off I think but Johnston was carried off!

Norman Hunter though was fantastic , tough of course but brilliant footballer too, inspirational player.

Gerry Gow - incredible commitment and devotion to the shirt, badge and fans....a true Red, I miss him so much....top guy off the pitch too, I flippantly invited him to a mate's stag weekend once and he turned up! Top, top bloke, proper Bristol City FC player - loved the fans and loved the club, but he also hated how he was treated by the club once he'd left, which was disgraceful, e.g. being charged the admission fee to get into a game after he'd left....

Just now, Cov 77 said:

Was there for this , you had to be there , Johnston was a **** , tried it on with Emanuel who did not just hit him he beat shit out of him on the floor , both sent off I think but Johnston was carried off!

Norman Hunter though was fantastic , tough of course but brilliant footballer too, inspirational player.

Both sent off, BUT  JE beat the crap out of the little oik then calmly walked off...not waiting for the ref !

59 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

The A team, Atteveld, Aizlewood & Allison, for all getting sent off @ Watford.

Of course! These players collectively showed why they should be included in the best players off all time. 

What was incredible was this was a nothing game for both teams as was the last game of the season. Neither team had anything to play for. But we started the following season with 3 players suspended. 

Anyone else reading otib at this game?

14 hours ago, allyolly said:

Of course! These players collectively showed why they should be included in the best players off all time. 

What was incredible was this was a nothing game for both teams as was the last game of the season. Neither team had anything to play for. But we started the following season with 3 players suspended. 

Anyone else reading otib at this game?

Probably not....mobile phones weren't really prevalent then and OTIB wasn't active at the time the game was played.... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Archived