IGNORED

Grayson on his way? Now confirmed as Sunderland Manager

ROSEBUD RED

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bit harsh....a relatively unknown 38 year old manager called Sam Allardyce won a league title in his first season as a manager....

It can happen....

Ok but after hearing Giggs for the last 3 or 4 years since he's come out from Fergi's wing there is no way I would want him as manager of our club.

18 hours ago, Super said:

Do you lot want Moyesy back? Dopey Darrell across town? Or maybe a job for Cotts?

I think Moyes coming back having done a superb job as a player and a manager and living locally would be a good fit for both parties  , not sure it will happen in honesty as I think Moyes will feel that a ' better ' job would fit with his experience to date 

9 hours ago, hodge said:

McGeady transfer in doubt maybe now? Shown his quality at this level last season, wonder if the club may try and make a move. 

McGeady was never IMO coming to Preston as we wanted a loan and Everton wanted to sell , would suspect he may end up at Sunderland and good luck to the lad , he was outstanding for us, keeping hold of Cunningham is going to be our next problem 

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh right, someone else on here said it was Pearson?! Either wAy, they've got a good 'un now - Grayson has won promotion with every club he's managed...

Then Monk would make it three who turned them down, because Chris Wilder was also approached and also turned them down, saying he would be staying with Sheffield United.

15 hours ago, Mortis said:

I think Moyes coming back having done a superb job as a player and a manager and living locally would be a good fit for both parties  , not sure it will happen in honesty as I think Moyes will feel that a ' better ' job would fit with his experience to date 

I see that Neil Lennon is now fav for the PNE job.

11 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I see that Neil Lennon is now fav for the PNE job.

I know .... this would be a terrible appointment IMO and I hope the bookies are way off the mark , would totally go against the grain of the club and if Moyes isnt in the frame ( the club have today issued a statement saying any previous manager will not be considered so that is Moyes out ) I would give Steve Thompson a chance as he is a highly thought of coach and 4 years in will add that continuity,  but of course he may head to Sunderland in due course ..  

23 hours ago, Mortis said:

I know .... this would be a terrible appointment IMO and I hope the bookies are way off the mark , would totally go against the grain of the club and if Moyes isnt in the frame ( the club have today issued a statement saying any previous manager will not be considered so that is Moyes out ) I would give Steve Thompson a chance as he is a highly thought of coach and 4 years in will add that continuity,  but of course he may head to Sunderland in due course ..  

Hi Mortis/pnefcok

I read on the BBC website that your striker Stevie May could be off to Aberdeen but the deal`s on hold until you get a new manager in. Will he be a great loss if he does go and will you get a reasonable fee for him? I don`t think I`ve seen him play TBH.

15 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Hearing that Ryan Giggs has applied.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Hi Mortis/pnefcok

I read on the BBC website that your striker Stevie May could be off to Aberdeen but the deal`s on hold until you get a new manager in. Will he be a great loss if he does go and will you get a reasonable fee for him? I don`t think I`ve seen him play TBH.

Hi RRH , Stevie May came after scoring a few goals in a pretty poor but solid Sheff Wed side and the reported fee of £900K did raise a few eyebrows but Grayson had tried to buy him when he was at St Johnstone a season earlier , started ok and seemed to be settling and was a handful ( and Grayson always like a forward who puts himself about - Garner , Hugill ) and then a slight loss of form and a pretty awful injury saw him out for over 12 months , made a couple of appearances on the bench and then disappeared out of the side altogether but did score a superb goal at the end of the season , I wonder if a player ever fully comes back from the injury he had and having not scored many goals at this level I suspect anything over say £300k and May will be on his way , I personally would be glad to see him either lent out on loan or given a chance as Beckford has gone , Doyle Im sure will be leaving and we are not blessed with out and out strikers - Cheers Mortis

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Mistake that, I reckon. Rosler would be a good fit for Preston; never been sure about Neil.

I also think Rosler would've been a good fit, but then again Neil has won promotion from this division in the past and he's still only 36.

Just now, pnefcok said:

I also think Rosler would've been a good fit, but then again Neil has won promotion from this division in the past and he's still only 36.

True, but seems like he kind of "fell" into success at Norwich, whilst Rosler has had his knocks, worked on them and seems to have come back stronger. I think he'll have the better career.

Archived