IGNORED

Luke Williams appointed U-23 coach

Gillies Downs Leeds

1 minute ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I love the idea of someone being 'hauled across the coals'. Great phrase, 473. There should be more of that. Well, there's practically none of it these days (more's the pity), so it wouldn't be hard to up the numbers. In public would be good, too. A slow haul would be ideal, too. 

Only if the coals are burning. Pretty boring and pointless if not. :)

The only problem with the training tops is that they keep taking pictures of people wearing them. Hopefully once the season gets started we will only see the home and away kits and everyone can get on with the important topics, like seating arrangements and the service at the food outlets.

Oh and daps of course :) 

48 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

@Rich-TWSC- called this weeks ago... fair play 

IMG_4933.PNG

Forgive the grammar though.

LW is a development manager and that's what you'll get. He was tremendously liked by players when he was assistant at Swindon, perhaps too chummy once he stepped up.

Williams appointment was silly even at the time. He rejected initially before Martin Ling was appointed and was a reluctant replacement once Ling left. 

His 5-year contract was ridiculous. Straight out of the Lee Power book of football business.

I wish him well.

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

The writing looks like someone has photoshopped it on - its that bad! Absolute, utter tripe. I hope someone is hauled across the coals for that, because, well, its, horrific. 

They look so cheap and tacky that it offends my eyes...

The kits are shit as well!!!! 

Ba-dum

4 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Getting boring now, as admin why not set up your own sub-forum just so you can have a daily dig at the manager.

boring but oh so true unfortunately. Nothing like a few signings to mask over what we got

3 hours ago, Selred said:

Really good appointment in my opinion.

Great pedigree as a youth coach, yes didn't do amazing after he got the Swindon job perminantly but the set up and operations at Swindon did him no favours. 

Exciting times ahead. 

This is a really clever appointment, the guy is a very good coach and is well known in the game as being exceptional at coaching youngsters and developing them. His forte is obviously not management and his time at Swindon was tarnished by taking up the management role but the work he did prior to that certainly made Swindon a decent side and part of Mark Coopers coaching team. He also did a decent job at Brighton coaching their youngsters so think he is the right man at the right time for us

Tony Mowbray, currently manager of Blackburn, said the following recently when discussing his recent signing of Ben Gladwin.

'I felt his quality at Swindon, where he had a very, very talented coach working with him and they built a good passing team, similar to the way that I would like to put a team together, and I think he’s going to look forward to it'.

I may be wrong, but I am assuming he was referring to LW rather than Marc Cooper.

15 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I love the idea of someone being 'hauled across the coals'. Great phrase, 473. There should be more of that. Well, there's practically none of it these days (more's the pity), so it wouldn't be hard to up the numbers. In public would be good, too. A slow haul would be ideal, too. 

And keel hauling!

Archived