IGNORED

That feeling again.....

brizzlelou

1 minute ago, brizzlelou said:

I'm starting to get that nervous feeling that we might actually do something this season! Get it at this time every year. Thankfully, City tend to wipe that optimism from me by October (14/15 aside). Anyway, here's to a steady mid table finish please.

Don`t do it mate, it will only end in tears, frustration and disappointment at the end of the season followed by the inevitable automatic renewal of your season ticket for the next one!

It`s the hope that kills ya!:chant6ez::sad26:

I'm pretty sure City always have either an amazing run at the Christmas period, or (more often than not) a dreadful one.

We never* seem to have an 'average' run of results during that point, or is my memory just crap?

*only 'average' run I can remember during that period was 2013-14 as our revival started.

I'll join you with that feeling of optimism.

A couple more additions, no big irreplaceable departures, a rejuvenated Tomlin and a Diedhiou who starts as well as Abraham did and I think we could get top 10.

Lots of 'ifs', but no big collapse like last season and I think it could be a good year.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'll join you with that feeling of optimism.

A couple more additions, no big irreplaceable departures, a rejuvenated Tomlin and a Diedhiou who starts as well as Abraham did and I think we could get top 10.

Lots of 'ifs', but no big collapse like last season and I think it could be a good year.

I know Tomlin is a very good player but he is really not what we need.

Our team is not good enough yet to accommodate skilful mavericks like him.

We need players who have a degree of skill but can also tackle, cover the pitch and hassle the opposition with pace.

Brilliant at times but imo not the complete player.

Learned not to get that feeling now. Bigging players up last season was a huge mistake, as none delivered except Tammy. Although these signings look great on paper, we still have Lee Johnson in charge. Hence, have no optimism this season until he is gone.

9 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

We need players who have a degree of skill but can also tackle, cover the pitch and hassle the opposition with pace.

Agree, I'd probably get rid if it was up to me and we could get a good fee. If he's here and IF he's back to his best, we've potentially got one of the best attacking midfielders outside the prem and that's a huge asset.

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

I'm starting to get that nervous feeling that we might actually do something this season! Get it at this time every year. Thankfully, City tend to wipe that optimism from me by October (14/15 aside). Anyway, here's to a steady mid table finish please.

Scrunch that feeling up, put it in a box, stick it in the back of your car, drive to Weston, walk up to the end of the pier, chuck that contaminated box in the sea.

And never, ever, EVER come on OTIB and suggest we might be in for a good season. It's not the OTIB way. 

16 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

That depends on the ability to get a midfielder who doesn't just offer potential but the finished article, if Koreys back to full fitness then such a signing could be the difference. 

Mags at left back and JB in a left 4 in midfield and a new right winger, commanding keeper then we've got a decent chance of top 6. 

So 4 signings and why not?

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

Last season...? 

1 minute ago, brizzlelou said:

Last season? I'm sorry but I've missed your point.

You said that City tend to wipe away our optimism by October, apart from 2014/15. 

Last season I delayed booking a holiday for May half term, because at that stage I was seriously concerened I might end up being away for when we were in the play off final. 

I think I happily booked the holiday by early December..!! 

The closer the season gets . The more optimistic I get . The same every season. I can't wait for the season to start. The ups the DOWNS. The moaning. The disagreements . The last minute winners . All of it . It's amazing how a football club can make u feel. And I wouldn't want to support any other club in the world . Even with those shit training tops 

Its always good to have optimism, back in the 2000s we thought england might win the world cup, but when they keep messing it up you gradually lose heart, until we get beaten by iceland. City get promoted with 99 points then proceed to balls it up immediately. Nowadays we pay millions for young players who dont play, then go on record amounts of lost games. Oh well.

Yeah, I get this feeling we might do ok.

First time in a while it seems were not having another total overhaul.

Our young players O'Dowda, Brownhill, maybe Mags should be stronger after their first season in the championship,Hegler the same. As we know for a lot of foreign players takes a good half a season to get up to speed.

The two new signings look exciting. Hope they can hit the ground running.

Another couple of first team signings and maybe two loans from premier clubs. (they nearly always come in later) and for me it wont be looking to bad.

I know we will all disagree about what positions we need to strengthen in and if a couple leave everything changes, but as it stands now I feel quite hopeful.

Anyway if it goes tits up. Johnson out:blink:

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

Scrunch that feeling up, put it in a box, stick it in the back of your car, drive to Weston, walk up to the end of the pier, chuck that contaminated box in the sea.

And never, ever, EVER come on OTIB and suggest we might be in for a good season. It's not the OTIB way. 

Also never, ever, EVER come on OTIB and suggest there's Sea at the end of Weston pier :whistle:

Generally, this unreliable and treachorous feeling can be dealt with swiftly by simply attending the pre-season fixtures. Or while we await the first of these, with some cool, sober, rational thought. 

I've got to admit the buzz is slowly coming back, alot earlier than I thought it would. Just waiting for another strong rumour. However.......... I still think we are in for another tough season atm. You can't really say we are stronger than when we finished in May.

Archived