IGNORED

Tim Shires sacked?

BRISTOL86

3 minutes ago, Tim S said:
Sometimes, things happen that are out of my hands and I start to question myself "is it something Ive done wrong". Today was one of them. But the messages Ive had from City fans has been amazing. Truly amazing.

I was just doing a job that I loved and although I cant do that anymore, I will always support the team on the pitch and I'll be up in the stands making myself heard as much as possible with all you lot!

Thank you to each and every one of you who has tweeted me or replied on here.

Changes happen in any work environment and City is no different. I have no hard feelings towards the club and hope that everyone gets behind Downsy.

I'd love to be back on the mic one day.... but in the meantime Im looking forward to getting behind the team from the stands and cant wait for the season to get started! COYR!

Vwell put sir, if we can do anything as a fan base to reverse the decision we will, if you want us to leave it we will respect your wishes 

53 minutes ago, Tim S said:
Sometimes, things happen that are out of my hands and I start to question myself "is it something Ive done wrong". Today was one of them. But the messages Ive had from City fans has been amazing. Truly amazing.

I was just doing a job that I loved and although I cant do that anymore, I will always support the team on the pitch and I'll be up in the stands making myself heard as much as possible with all you lot!

Changes happen in any work environment and City is no different. I have no hard feelings towards the club and hope that everyone gets behind Downsy.

I'd love to be back on the mic one day.... but in the meantime Im looking forward to getting behind the team from the stands and cant wait for the season to get started! COYR!

Genuinely angered me when I read about this on Twitter earlier. No doubt it'll be another embarrassing "downsy" type to replace you.

The same downsy that gets rewarded with a contract extension for not just being utterly horrendous throughout the season, but making an inappropriate sexual joke over the tannoy to mock a 7 year old girl at her first game.

Saddens me the route this club is going down in that regard. We're just trying to become another "Reading", and if it gets that bad I won't be going anymore.

If this chap Downsy is the announcer at the beginning, during and end when is Tim involved? Sorry if that sounds a dumb question but from afar its hard.

I did experience the Downs bloke in a game last season when I was back and I have to say possibly one of the worst announcers I have heard and that is at any football match. How utterly bizarre a much loved announcer goes and a rather despised one, it seems by many, remains. Are we all blind and City the gurus? Of course it should not be about analytics and how they might apply a score card to an announcers performance but I bet there is some of that in this decision... like, for example, Tim mentions 'ooh arr' or 'up thee cider' one too many times and it has a negative score whereas if you say 'get behind the Bristol' , 'buy another burger and coke for your children' or 'lets all sing and bounce around the ground when Lee Johnson's magnificent 11 come back out onto the pitch' you get a brownie point. Its all about the analytics I tell you. Gotta be or someone has a cell or million missing somewhere along the line of command.

I have no idea if Tim makes bloopers but said with heart they make people smile and warm to but a script adhered to like a repetitive record and with a baritone drone just sours the match day experience actually more than we all would acknowledge ourselves. Oh well, tis progress say the robots.

So Lisa Knights.

And friends in high/low places

I note the only story from 2014 has been deleted from google (unless I missed it) - this does seem all a bit personal, so if anyone wants to PM me the unprintable details, I'd love to get the context.

Sadly at City for years it's often been a case of who you suck up to, not the 'best fit for the job'

This seems a case of professional sucking versus genuine fan and well loved club member.

Sucking seems to have won.

Very sad.

Good Luck Tim.

16 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

All hail Steve Lansdown and our Bristol Sport overlords. 

This is what I've been saying. I have no problem as such with Bristol Sport as a cost sharing third party between us and the Rugby. However step by step we're getting less and less Bristol City and more and more Bristol Sport FC by the day. That crappy little vagina logo is on everything. On the outside of the new away kit (the bit people see) there are four Bristol Sport badges and two Bristol City badges. But the list is endless.

The stadium, the tickets, the flags approaching the ground, the bill boards, the radio adverts, etc. All of them are covered in the Bristol Sport logo. The new website even has the logo top left. And now we're seeing more changes. Out go, not the best, but genuine City fans like Dave L and Tim S, and in comes Downsey who knows nothing about football. 

This whole project does not care for the people who make up the club, or often the traditions of the club (like slapping red on last seasons Rugby Kit). We are customers, nothing more and nothing less, in their eyes. Despite the club fobbing it off on Adam Baker, he has other stuff to do and isn't a dedicated Supporters Liaison Officer. Many other clubs have two, we have half (no offence to AB who juggles his responsibilities well)

@AdamB I'd watch my back if I were you, because the knives are out.

Sympathy for this. Bristol Sport should be a vehicle for organising, cost saving and the boring business stuff. 

How on earth it has to be so visual is beyond me. Bristol Sport doesn't need to be a brand in itself. 

13 hours ago, lanceloto said:

On camera is definitely the way to go with the live streaming happening etc. I'm sure there are better candidates though, preferably a presenter (not a dj) and a football person with media experience. They need to hire a decent live video editor and camera team most importantly. 

I'd be happiest with minimal music, at least as a trial to see if the crowd take it on and build an atmosphere. 

I would prefer Sarah Jane

2 hours ago, SX227 said:

So Lisa Knights.

And friends in high/low places

I note the only story from 2014 has been deleted from google (unless I missed it) - this does seem all a bit personal, so if anyone wants to PM me the unprintable details, I'd love to get the context.

Sadly at City for years it's often been a case of who you suck up to, not the 'best fit for the job'

This seems a case of professional sucking versus genuine fan and well loved club member.

Sucking seems to have won.

Very sad.

Good Luck Tim.

Nail. Hammer. Head. 

The backroom at City/Bristol Sport is all a very big political game these days. 

23 hours ago, Creg said:

I heard Downsy designed the new training shirt... :ph34r:

Joking aside, I think that's the way we're going with our marketing.

Childlike graffiti on the training kit, over the top announcer, hashtags, official twitter channel using silly emojis..

I predict we'll see a new mascot before long, probably a more cartoonish caricature of the current scrumpy.

Good luck Tim. 

They've sacked the wrong man.

@phantom I see where you are going with point about learning on job after a year but unsure I fully agree. Some industries are in a state of flux, so you can never learn too much or say "Yes, I know all there is to know" about a job or industry.

As for this specific case though, yeah Downsy is not the right fit and Shires should still be there IMO.

13 hours ago, havanatopia said:

If this chap Downsy is the announcer at the beginning, during and end when is Tim involved? Sorry if that sounds a dumb question but from afar its hard.

Tim was the DJ so in charge of all the music but would also read out the teams, half time scores etc. Good voice for it and always remained professional, unlike the shouting baby that is downsy.

I shocked every is shocked, protest, appeal, whatever it don't make a jot of difference, look at the whole Johnson issue last season, worst run in history, stay up by the skin of our teeth and it's all spun this season to make everyone forget how bad we were and that don't worry this season will be better. 

In a nut shell the club will do whatever we it wants with absolutely no care for whatever anyone who gives their time and pays their money to see them thinks, anyone who thinks differently is deluded 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Tim was the DJ so in charge of all the music but would also read out the teams, half time scores etc. Good voice for it and always remained professional, unlike the shouting baby that is downsy.

Whilst I can't say for certain, I'm also pretty sure Tim Shires has never uttered a vaguely sexual joke towards a minor over the tannoy system either. 

On 6/30/2017 at 11:59, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Can we get someone with a booming voice like the one I always hear on MOTD at Anfield

Hell no. That's the most depressing voice in the world. Gerrard could score the winning goal in the 95th minute and he'd sound like he'd just ran over a cat.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

If only Adam was allowed a opinion....

Adam has been there a lot longer than the new BS lot. They'll probably be after him soon enough in favour of a meek post grad with a 2:1 in Media Studies :( 

14 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Perhaps Adam needs to grow a back bone. I personally couldn't carry out a role he is meant to be with my wings clip as apparently his are.

Perhaps if Adam is a fan of this clubs he will stand up to the BS Lisa Knight bandwagon...

Perhaps Adam has a mortgage to pay and mouths to feed.

On 30/06/2017 at 22:34, Tim S said:

You've been brilliant lad. Dont think that the upper echelons will ever realise how important a job you had, complete and utter respect mate.

15 hours ago, Ian M said:

Whilst I can't say for certain, I'm also pretty sure Tim Shires has never uttered a vaguely sexual joke towards a minor over the tannoy system either. 

:laughcont::laughcont: what a ******* disgrace this club is

On 30/06/2017 at 22:34, Tim S said:

Very dignified. Feel for you mate. 

The club won't have the guts to say anything meaningful on the subject, unless it's something bland like "moving in a new direction". 

Makes me want to puke. 

Archived