IGNORED

Tim Shires sacked?

BRISTOL86

On 01/07/2017 at 19:23, Ian M said:

Whilst I can't say for certain, I'm also pretty sure Tim Shires has never uttered a vaguely sexual joke towards a minor over the tannoy system either. 

He should have walked there and then IMO. A defo sackable offence.

7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He should have walked there and then IMO. A defo sackable offence.

Sacking is rarely a point of principle. It is based in whether someone is considered disposable.  

That's why players are almost never sacked. Asset value is worth more than principles. 

God knows where the value is in your example. Confusing situation. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Sacking is rarely a point of principle. It is based in whether someone is considered disposable.  

That's why players are almost never sacked. Asset value is worth more than principles. 

God knows where the value is in your example. Confusing situation. 

Uh?

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:24, sephjnr said:

Hell no. That's the most depressing voice in the world. Gerrard could score the winning goal in the 95th minute and he'd sound like he'd just ran over a cat.

I like the "understated way" that the Liverpool announcer has. Not for him the hysterical style of a boxing match with a false, screaming, way of giving the goal scorers name. He leaves the hysterics and drama to the crowd. He's been doing the job for so long that he's regarded as an institution and I would bet that all Liverpool fans would go bonkers if he was fired.

Tim Shires has done a good job for us and doesn't deserve the sack. What he and all of us want is a PA system that can hear clearly without straining to hear any of the words. I've given up trying to hear anything broadcast over the speakers at Ashton Gate.

And less music in the build up to a game so that we, the fans, can build up a real atmosphere instead of one falsely created by so called dramatic music.

21 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Perhaps Adam needs to grow a back bone. I personally couldn't carry out a role he is meant to be with my wings clip as apparently his are.

Perhaps if Adam is a fan of this clubs he will stand up to the BS Lisa Knight bandwagon...

Let's just remember AB has a family and kids to look after like the rest of us so if you mean ' grow a backbone ' resign are u going to pay his morgatge ?

21 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Perhaps Adam needs to grow a back bone. I personally couldn't carry out a role he is meant to be with my wings clip as apparently his are.

Perhaps if Adam is a fan of this clubs he will stand up to the BS Lisa Knight bandwagon...

Perhaps adam likes being in a job

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Maybe, but how can anyone justify a "fans go-between" in effect.. but one who never goes between and only looks after his own back? the whole thing is a joke

He isn't the fans go between, he is head of communications for bristol city, the go between bit was thrust upon him he didn't want to it was given to him when Davel left

Just now, Monkeh said:

He isn't the fans go between, he is heading for communications for bristol city, the go between bit was thrust upon him he didn't want to it was given to him when Davel left

So, there isn't one then   is what you're saying. Fair play, i didn't know that. Sounds about right for the way we are going

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

So, there isn't one then   is what you're saying. Fair play, i didn't know that. Sounds about right for the way we are going

Bean head is the flo but it isn't what it was when Dave Lloyd did the job,

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Bean head is the flo but it isn't what it was when Dave Lloyd did the job,

Ok cheers for letting me know that one. Just starting to get a bit concerned with things happening though. never once worried about Bristol sport  until  recently

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

What is quite interesting here, is that if Lisa is head of communications, why don't we ever hear from her!

Does she lead a double life as one half of a SLO team?

why would we, we'd hear from beanhead first, 

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What is quite interesting here, is that if Lisa is head of communications, why don't we ever hear from her!

Does she lead a double life as one half of a SLO team?

She tends to head up the Bristol Sport weekly round up thing. As it's close season for pretty much all the sports under the umbrella, that's probably why she's not been around much lately. 

On 7/1/2017 at 19:23, Ian M said:

Whilst I can't say for certain, I'm also pretty sure Tim Shires has never uttered a vaguely sexual joke towards a minor over the tannoy system either. 

Well I hope not!! But.... although Ive told this story before - in memory of my late brother, I love bringing it up as it sums him up as a person.....

Early in  the 2008/09 season, we were playing Peterborough in the League Cup - my first season working for club. A call came through to reception saying that Mr Peter Barragh's wife had gone into labour and he needed to go home urgently. Myself and David Lloyd were on mic duty that night and we both received the message. However it was Dave L that was the one who made the announcement. "PETER BARRAGH - GO HOME URGENTLY. PETERBOUROUGH - GO HOME!" It was only after the announcement that Dave and myself realised it was a prank.

The worst part was, turns out - the culprit was my brother (who sadly passed away in 2015). Im glad that Dave and the club saw the funny side! I was angry at my bro at the time for landing me in it - but looking back now, his sense of humour will live long in my memory from that night! 

• Admin
11 hours ago, Tim S said:

Well I hope not!! But.... although Ive told this story before - in memory of my late brother, I love bringing it up as it sums him up as a person.....

Early in  the 2008/09 season, we were playing Peterborough in the League Cup - my first season working for club. A call came through to reception saying that Mr Peter Barragh's wife had gone into labour and he needed to go home urgently. Myself and David Lloyd were on mic duty that night and we both received the message. However it was Dave L that was the one who made the announcement. "PETER BARRAGH - GO HOME URGENTLY. PETERBOUROUGH - GO HOME!" It was only after the announcement that Dave and myself realised it was a prank.

The worst part was, turns out - the culprit was my brother (who sadly passed away in 2015). Im glad that Dave and the club saw the funny side! I was angry at my bro at the time for landing me in it - but looking back now, his sense of humour will live long in my memory from that night! 

Remember it well, certainly made us in the stands chuckly

13 hours ago, Tim S said:

Did you fall for Seymour butts as well @Tim S?

Archived