IGNORED

Transfer Fees

Gillies Downs Leeds

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

True. He is effectively the Manager and will run the club for his benefit and that of his clients.

Ironically the "manager" is also one of his clients.

Seeing as he also worked for the owners to assist them when they purchased the club you might well say there is a conflict of interest or two there..

Does this money even really exist?  Ties into something I was considering the other day - whether most money now is in fact solely in the cyber world.

Is the money locked into these transfer fees purely banking data, and if so, does it really matter how much a player costs?

Just have to pray that ticket prices don't continue to rise until they reach obscene amounts.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Does this money even really exist?  Ties into something I was considering the other day - whether most money now is in fact solely in the cyber world.

Is the money locked into these transfer fees purely banking data, and if so, does it really matter how much a player costs?

Just have to pray that ticket prices don't continue to rise until they reach obscene amounts.

I think the TV bubble will burst before that happens. You are right about the money though, it is just figures on a spreadsheet - it`s like the national debt or something. Can anyone imagine what three trillion pounds or whatever it is looks like in used fivers?

• Admin
6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

If you read them, those notes in your pocket aren't money either, they are simply promise notes. The Bank of England "promises to pay the bearer the sum of five pounds". However, I think pound coins are real. Anyone know for sure?

12 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Ticket prices are already obscene.

Just now, Ian M said:

If you read them, those notes in your pocket aren't money either, they are simply promise notes. The Bank of England "promises to pay the bearer the sum of five pounds". However, I think pound coins are real. Anyone know for sure?

I think mine are. I just bit them all and they didn`t show a mark.

I have broken three teeth though.:ill:

10 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I think it was gold was the currency, but as people got richer and prices rose they bought out currency made of gold and silver but people just shaved bits of the edge then they put the ridges in so you could see if it was a whole coin and then they changed coins to cheap alternatives and then Labour sold the gold off cause who needs it (rhymes with 2hats) but ask @Exiled Robin he should be the expert.

5 hours ago, Super said:

Gone mad. Liverpool linked with a midfielder for 70m who i have never heard of.

Tbh, he could be an absolute beast of a player. Read an article about him months back and his 'stats' make him out to be a combination of Kante and Viera. One of the best DM's in Europe for the past year or two. Not as good as our Korey though.......

Edit: found it

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/meet-naby-keita-leipzigs-own-kante-who-turned-down-man-city-arsenal-and-liverpool

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Ironically the "manager" is also one of his clients.

Seeing as he also worked for the owners to assist them when they purchased the club you might well say there is a conflict of interest or two there..

No conflict at all - they are all after the same money.

12 hours ago, reddogkev said:

You may have something here , I have nothing in my wallet but persuaded the cashier at IKEA that I was handing over 25 € for Mrs Isewater's Smoglik ( on offer ) .

The Police were very understanding. 

21 hours ago, Super said:

Gone mad. Liverpool linked with a midfielder for 70m who i have never heard of.

I can remember when Liverpool had a decent scouting system. They signed Larry Lloyd from the gas for a pittance. Liverpool then went to Scunthorpe to sign goal keeper Ray Clemence and then a lad who had just graduated from the Youths to Scunny's first team; Kevin Keegan. In all three cases those 'pool scouts spotted talent.

Other side of the coin; Liverpool signed Peter Spiring from City and he seemingly just disappeared.

I see on SSN that 2 or 3 players have transferred away from Barnsley, but to replace their central midfielder signed one from FGR. Is he another localish one who's been missed by City ?

17 minutes ago, 22A said:

I see on SSN that 2 or 3 players have transferred away from Barnsley, but to replace their central midfielder signed one from FGR. Is he another localish one who's been missed by City ?

I can imagine the uproar on here if we had signed him as a replacement for a First teamer.

37 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If we don't get into the Premier League and remain in the Chsmpionship, the PL will come to the Championship anyways.

Just as the legend Gary Johnson said when in charge. :worship2:

I'd argue it's already here. I think many championship teams would have a chance at staying up in the PL as it stands. Not much between the bottom half of the prem and top half of the championship. 

Archived