IGNORED

Tour De France thread

Lanterne Rouge

Another great stage. Froome didn't even look like he was breaking sweat closing down attack after attack.

Looks like he could push his lead out 10-20 seconds on Aru

Just now, Tomarse said:

Another great stage. Froome didn't even look like he was breaking sweat closing down attack after attack.

Looks like he could push his lead out 10-20 seconds on Aru

Froome is in with a chance of a stage win......

Great day for Chris. Just need more of the same tomorrow and he could go into the TT on Saturday half a minute up on the challengers. Who`d bet against him winning the tour then?

Aru, Uran and Bardet need to be at least a minute ahead of him going into it to have any chance of getting into yellow IMO.

Shout out to Primoz Roglic too - he deserved that stage win after the effort he put in with no help.

Tomorrow is make or break. I guess they might attack on that final HC climb. Froome will need his team to support him. If he survives tomorrow unscathed then it's pretty much done and dusted with a flat stage and time trial left. 

9 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Tomorrow is make or break. I guess they might attack on that final HC climb. Froome will need his team to support him. If he survives tomorrow unscathed then it's pretty much done and dusted with a flat stage and time trial left. 

I think Froome would need to lose around a minute and a half tomorrow with the time trial there. Amazing that this is the closest the Tour has ever been.

25 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I think Froome would need to lose around a minute and a half tomorrow with the time trial there. Amazing that this is the closest the Tour has ever been.

Certainly since 1989 when LeMond beat Fignon by 8 seconds. Interestingly, that tour was won and lost in a penultimate day time trial. Fignon was 50 seconds ahead before it but lost 58 seconds to LeMond on the day.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Certainly since 1989 when LeMond beat Fignon by 8 seconds. Interestingly, that tour was won and lost in a penultimate day time trial. Fignon was 50 seconds ahead before it but lost 58 seconds to LeMond on the day.

Sorry, I meant in terms of time gaps between the top four, didn't make that clear at all. It maybe isn't now after Aru lost time yesterday but according to 5Live it was going into yesterday's stage.

12 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

That was fun. Thought Froome was going to distance the other lads but a great effort from Uran to bring him back. Think Froome just needs to stay upright now.

Good stage. Not as exciting as yesterday but terrific to watch the tactical side of the race.

It did look like Chris had timed it to perfection but fair play to the others to bring him back.

It`s Chris`s to lose now, no mechanical problems on Saturday please!:fingerscrossed:

Just now, Tomarse said:

..and that's it.  French booing him to the very end, bless em. 

I dread to think what would have happened if Chris had overtaken Bardet in the last 100m.

They just can`t take the fact that they are not the best in the sport that they think they invented and haven`t been for years. They`re like those sad yanks who sledge the Europeans at the Ryder Cup.

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I dread to think what would have happened if Chris had overtaken Bardet in the last 100m.

They just can`t take the fact that they are not the best in the sport that they think they invented and haven`t been for years. They`re like those sad yanks who sledge the Europeans at the Ryder Cup.

Was thinking he could have only been 10 seconds from passing him - hillarous if he had done it 

7 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Was thinking he could have only been 10 seconds from passing him - hillarous if he had done it 

37 years since a Frenchman won the race. If one ever does again they will be insufferable - bit like when the blue few win a JPT game against us once in a generation.

Archived