IGNORED

Ditch Bristol Sport

Dynamite Red

SL was inspired by sporting club Barcelona, forgot Bristol Sport and bring it all under Bristol City.  If we are perceived to becoming one entity inevitably this seems the best conclusion. Sorry rugger buggers but better than being named after a Japanese 4x4.

Bristol City Football Club, Bristol City Rugby Club, Bristol City Flyers, Bristol City Women's Football, Bristol City Ladies Rugby, Bristol City Jets and Bristol City Racing.

36 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

SL was inspired by sporting club Barcelona, forgot Bristol Sport and bring it all under Bristol City.  If we are perceived to becoming one entity inevitably this seems the best conclusion. Sorry rugger buggers but better than being named after a Japanese 4x4.

Bristol City Football Club, Bristol City Rugby Club, Bristol City Flyers, Bristol City Women's Football, Bristol City Ladies Rugby, Bristol City Jets and Bristol City Racing.

Did you have a mimosa whilst watching the rugby?

I still haven't got a clue why people get so hung up about Bristol Sport, if somebody asks who I support I say Bristol City, I don't add they are under the umbrella of Bristol Sport.

If it makes Steve Lansdown feel better and it's a talking point when he's entertaining people in the corporate world good luck to him, it never enters my head at anytime though. I 100% couldn't care less about it. I'm not being flippant but how does it get in the way of supporting your football club? We are in the same staium, are called the same, wear the same colour shirts but for paper purposes have a brand that 99% of the football world would know nothing about.

Bristol Sport fulfills its name perfectly. It encompass all the sports in Bristol and alleviates the financial stress that smaller sports have.

i have no problem with it at all.

I'd be delighted if BS included Bristol indoor Bowls club  based down South Liberty Lane. 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bristol Sport fulfills its name perfectly. It encompass all the sports in Bristol and alleviates the financial stress that smaller sports have.

I'd be delighted if BS included Bristol indoor Bowls club  based down South Liberty Lane. 

They only wanted proper sports.

14 minutes ago, screech said:

I still haven't got a clue why people get so hung up about Bristol Sport, if somebody asks who I support I say Bristol City, I don't add they are under the umbrella of Bristol Sport.

If it makes Steve Lansdown feel better and it's a talking point when he's entertaining people in the corporate world good luck to him, it never enters my head at anytime though. I 100% couldn't care less about it. I'm not being flippant but how does it get in the way of supporting your football club? We are in the same staium, are called the same, wear the same colour shirts but for paper purposes have a brand that 99% of the football world would know nothing about.

What he said.....Feel exactly the same way...Couldn't give a flying toss about Bristol sport...If it helps Steve Lansdown make more money then so be it

19 minutes ago, screech said:

Agree with this 100%. There are many fans saying that Bristol Sport have destroyed our identity... I just don't see it.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Right..........:facepalm:

That'll be why Bristol Indoor Bowls club is so damn busy especially during the winter months then.....

Saves on the heating bills

......and you wouldn't want to miss out on the meat raffle.

43 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yes that'll go down well, making every club loose their identity.....

Why don't we become Bristol Jets Football Team??

Would there be any backlash from the Flyers and Jets for adding City to their name, I suspect none. The rugby club I could see being an issue but they once named themselves after a Mitsubishi 4x4.

I am not being entirely serious, just putting it out there. Usually suits and corporate types are obsessed with a single marketable brand and I see us and the other clubs eventually amalgamating into a single brand (yes I also hate that term). Bristol City Sports Club seems the most palatable evolution. 

50 minutes ago, screech said:

It gets in the way in minor yet irritating fashion.

I went to bcfc.co.uk  the other day, rather than the Bristol Sport website, and it has been hijacked by Bristol Sport.

"Oh great", I thought as I saw a news story about an international call up and then looked closer and saw it was a basketball player.

I have no problem with Bristol Sport and its patronage of minority sports; I have a problem when, as in this example, I am being force fed stuff about these minority sports when all that I am interested in is the football.

Whilst it's nowhere near as bad as the offensively intrusive advertising of the local news sites it is still the same principle: pushing stuff in which I have no interest and which gets in the way of that in which I am interested.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It gets in the way in minor yet irritating fashion.

I went to bcfc.co.uk  the other day, rather than the Bristol Sport website, and it has been hijacked by Bristol Sport.

"Oh great", I thought as I saw a news story about an international call up and then looked closer and saw it was a basketball player.

I have no problem with Bristol Sport and its patronage of minority sports; I have a problem when, as in this example, I am being force fed stuff about these minority sports when all that I am interested in is the football.

Whilst it's nowhere near as bad as the offensively intrusive advertising of the local news sites it is still the same principle: pushing stuff in which I have no interest and which gets in the way of that in which I am interested.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/      nothing about the other teams on our site, maybe you visited before the new site was 100% up and running - compared to our old website it is so much better. 

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/  the Bristol sport site also looks pretty good.

Maybe they should add rollerball to the rosta and get building a multipurpose indoor sports arena at UWE for the Badminton, Basketball etc to play in (as well as Tennis, indoor athletics, gymnastics) come on UWE you know it makes more sense than a football stadium !

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/      nothing about the other teams on our site, maybe you visited before the new site was 100% up and running - compared to our old website it is so much better. 

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/  the Bristol sport site also looks pretty good.

Maybe they should add rollerball to the rosta and get building a multipurpose indoor sports arena at UWE for the Badminton, Basketball etc to play in (as well as Tennis, indoor athletics, gymnastics) come on UWE you know it makes more sense than a football stadium !

Yes, it's changed back to being BCFC so big relief that was only temporary.

Fair play for the basketball international call up and everything but not for me.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'm with you Robbo.  I really have no idea why people are against Bristol Sport. Their logic just leaves me bemused.

2 hours ago, screech said:

People don't like change and that's the only reason,

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I have enough problem with the shit football. I don't give a toss about basketball or motor sport. I got a bit interested in the rugby going up but total shit again.

Cost sharing make sence but the football club has nothing to do with Bristol Sport. 

Go support Barcelona or Real Madrid then, you won't have that problem then

Archived