IGNORED

Away Season Tickets

palmerred

Hi just want to settle a bet with a mate of mine, is there or has there ever been an away season ticket. My mate seems to think in the 90s and early 2000s there was definitely away season tickets as well as home ones, but personally can never recall there being any.

Can anyone let me know please.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think your mate is wrong, for a start who would you buy it from?

Exactly there would be all sorts of complications, and to be fair I know City have some very loyal fans as do all clubs.

Some who do go to every singe game home and away.

But surely in this current climate not many would be able to justify an Home and Away season ticket. 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think your mate is wrong, for a start who would you buy it from?

I've never heard of these being sold before either, but I don't think its a bad idea. Would work a lot better for bigger/premier league clubs, or clubs like the Gas where thousands of you miss out on tickets every week.

The club that you support would sell them & guarantee you a ticket for every away game. Lets say for £600 

If the cost of the 23/19 games ends up being less than the £600, the amount left over could go towards next seasons.

You'd obviously have to limit the amount you can sell though in case the uptake was massive.

If City ever got to the Premier League, I'd be interested. But the likelihood of missing out on a ticket in the championship isn't big enough to warrant it.

You would also have to have a system in place like the England Supporters one of having your picture so that touts couldn't take advantage & only you could use it.

EDIT: Or you could save all the bother and just introduce a loyalty system like a lot of clubs have. What a pointless post :whistle:

3 hours ago, palmerred said:

Hi just want to settle a bet with a mate of mine, is there or has there ever been an away season ticket. My mate seems to think in the 90s and early 2000s there was definitely away season tickets as well as home ones, but personally can never recall there being any.

Can anyone let me know please.

Sure it was talked about back then when you suggest, but i couldn't tell you if it was ever implemented or not.

I think part of the issue when we were in league one was that with grounds often having a small away section you'd have been capped at selling a maximum number of away season tickets to that number, so you question if it would be worth it.

Also, with clubs setting their own prices and the categories of matches changing as the season progresses depending on how attractive any particular match is believed to be they would probably struggle to price it correctly.

Loyalty points work.

Yes there is such a thing. For Premier league teams such as Chelsea it is called the UK away scheme and and a total of 800 people a season can be on it. I also know that Millwall and Bolton both do their own away season tickets. Don't belive me? Look it up.

3 hours ago, 230065 said:

Yes there is such a thing. For Premier league teams such as Chelsea it is called the UK away scheme and and a total of 800 people a season can be on it. I also know that Millwall and Bolton both do their own away season tickets. Don't belive me? Look it up.

Yes, it seems at Millwall you pay a £20 admission fee and the tickets are sent out match by match.  Presumably this involves a direct debit/standing order which they take match by match.  This includes cup games.

You can cancel your ticket up to three times a season.

Seems simple enough.

If you are an away regular it would save the hassle of having to contact the club every game.

There's also an option to link your ticket with other people's so in case of reserved seating, if you're going as a group you can sit together.

Not a bad idea really.  

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As a slight deviation 

They were saying that Stoke have announced they will pay for the away travels for their fans for sixth successive season 

Fair play to them - didn't realise they did

I believe I read somewhere that every premier league club has to allocate a budget of, I believe, £200k into something for the fans. This is what Stoke use theirs for. 

Swansea used to cap away ticket prices. 

It would be interesting to know what each Orem club does with this money for their fans. 

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 12:10, Cider-Head23 said:

Exactly there would be all sorts of complications, and to be fair I know City have some very loyal fans as do all clubs.

Some who do go to every singe game home and away.

But surely in this current climate not many would be able to justify an Home and Away season ticket. 

the cost of the flight to Australia would put most people off!

Archived