IGNORED

Teflon Lee

Top Robin

2 hours ago, Oops said:

Luckily most of the belters on here don't even attend the games, because the general atmosphere down at the Gate last year seemed to be of expectation and optimism for the future rather than the hysterical whining of the not too distant past (even during the October-February struggle).

There is a massive difference between the keyboard heroes on here and the actual active fans.

:laughcont:

You just keep bombing that MDMA every Saturday morning and everything will be ok

22 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

If it upsets him I am sorry for calling him little lee but to me he is little I am 6foot 1inch so to me and my friends he is little lee.looking at recent photos I don't think it will be to long before I call him rolly poly little lee as I don't think he has set a good example to the other staff with his weight gain.

I've heard it all now. 

He's a football manager FFS not a personal trainer:clapping: 

I'm sure Benitez, Ancelotti and Del Bosque all set terrible examples for their staff too?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes Engvall has been a roaring success

From the video cops II do think Fammy looks like he has the tools for the job tho

LK has actually had four windows worth now so no excuses 

????

Summer 15/16

Jan 16/17

Summer 16/17

When was the fourth?

24 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

If it upsets him I am sorry for calling him little lee but to me he is little I am 6foot 1inch so to me and my friends he is little lee.looking at recent photos I don't think it will be to long before I call him rolly poly little lee as I don't think he has set a good example to the other staff with his weight gain.

I got a mate around the height of LJ, I am a similar height to you.

I don't call my mate "midget max"

There's this thing called respect...

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

????

Summer 15/16

Jan 16/17

Summer 16/17

When was the fourth?

Apparently we made some of the signings for the third window in January, 'cause LJ said about having to bring things forward as we were struggling.

Ironically the same posters that have held LJ to that claim have also been the most distrustful of hos interviews (since he joined) and have said to others not to take much weight from what LJ says.

I presume that advice is only given when what is said doesnt fit with their thoughts.

3 hours ago, Oops said:

Luckily most of the belters on here don't even attend the games, because the general atmosphere down at the Gate last year seemed to be of expectation and optimism for the future rather than the hysterical whining of the not too distant past (even during the October-February struggle).

Not in Dolman B block it wasn't especially during the pathetic performance against Fulham.

I know we're stuck with him so I have to back him but I still think he's extremely lucky to still be in a job with us.

No personal stuff, I just didn't think he was up to the job then and still don't. I hope he proves me wrong though.

42 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

You have to be a parody account.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I can't see anything wrong with referring LJ as 'Little Lee'.

Did you take exception to 'Big John' Atyeo and 'Big Paul' Cheesley as well?

The 2 you refer to were affectionate names. Looking at the context of posts using 'Little Lee' it isn't used affectionately as far as I can see.

3 hours ago, Oops said:

...luckily most of the belters on here don't even attend the games, because the general atmosphere down at the Gate last year seemed to be of expectation and optimism for the future rather than the hysterical whining of the not too distant past (even during the October-February struggle)...

You obviously don't sit anywhere near me in the stadium then. 3 wins in 25 league games in the middle of the season meant loads of dissent and discontent aimed at LJ from the area of the ground in which I sit. And our professional manager /head coach turned to childishly goad some dissenters when we notched a late winner against the mighty Rotherham at home...

'Expectation and optimism' - I witnessed nothing of the sort....we stayed up by three points. Voicing discontent is not 'hysterical whining' - it's wanting our team to do better than they are given the massive outlay and investment...

1 minute ago, john from high littleton said:

Really looking forward to the start of the season, two quality signings on board. Let's start the season, in the same vein we finished it. COYR 

A really disappointing lacklustre performance and a 1-0 home defeat?

Let's hope not.

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

and thats why you have to trust the manager and scouts, which is what Ben isn't doing, we've got the striker signings right in the last 5 or so seasons

Monkeh please quote where I said i don't trust the signing.

My point has gone completely over your head. I'm sorry it has confused you. I'll dumb it right down for you next time.  

31 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

It would be if he was liked by the person using the term.

As I say, look at the context of the posts concerned, of which the OP is an example. Personally I do not detect any hint of affection. Rather the opposite.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not in Dolman B block it wasn't especially during the pathetic performance against Fulham.

I know we're stuck with him so I have to back him but I still think he's extremely lucky to still be in a job with us.

No personal stuff, I just didn't think he was up to the job then and still don't. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Don't think I've ever seen B block happy to be fair :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Oops said:

Don't think I've ever seen B block happy to be fair :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm in Block B and you're right, there's a lot of miserable sods in there.

I reckon I'm immune to it after so long up there. I was moaning with the best of them at that Fulham game though. We were shite!! 

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

As I say, look at the context of the posts concerned, of which the OP is an example. Personally I do not detect any hint of affection. Rather the opposite.

I am the original poster and you are right China.....I don't think that Lee has earned the right to be treated with affection yet. His managerial career to date has been dodgy to say the least with some irrational team selections, bad decisions and annoying stubbornness. Having said that there are signs that things may be turning around but it will take a full completed season with a degree of success before he gets my vote of confidence.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

So it will still only be three windows - assuming we don`t sign as many this window as was originally intended nothing`s changed.

I doubt we intended to sign those in Jan and the ones ongoing but who knows , think the recruitment numbers speak for themselves

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Been pointed out many times on here LJ stated they brought this summers targets forward to January because of our predicament and did a double window

He said they moved on a couple of targets earlier than planned. Doesn't change the number of transfer windows he's had! 

1 hour ago, john from high littleton said:

Nice to see so much positivity on the forum today. Such a joyful place to be party of! 

...and we haven't even played a game yet!

8 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

Nice to see so much positivity on the forum today. Such a joyful place to be party of! 

Bristol City tends to suck the positively and hope out of even the most optimistic supporter! 

11 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Quality signings? Championship proven? So...no quality as of yet. Gambles which hopefully for LJ work out. LJ out.

All signings are a gamble. A player who has done well in the Championship previously is not guaranteed to do well again.

Was Kodjia "Championship proven" when he arrived here? Was he not "quality"?

Was Tammy "Championship proven" when he arrived here? Was he not "quality"?

A good footballer is a good footballer regardless of what league he has played in previously. The club's recent track record of signing strikers is excellent; a virtually unknown player from France who scored plenty and was sold on at huge profit, and an England U21 who banged them in all year and didn't cost us a penny in transfer fees.

Before dismissing the new arrivals as "no quality", perhaps give them a chance. Although of course I do realise that you an infamous on here for not giving anyone a chance, so maybe I'm asking too much.

Archived