IGNORED

FA Cup 2017-18

22A

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bit of a disappointment for Truro - decent draw getting Charlton but at The Valley.

Great draw for them against a team who were in the Prem and getting 25,000 every week not so long ago.

Ditto Maidenhead at Cov.

One or two all non-League ties there which means a few guaranteed to go through.

Swindle will not relish the trip to Dartford!

29 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Great draw for them against a team who were in the Prem and getting 25,000 every week not so long ago.

Ditto Maidenhead at Cov.

One or two all non-League ties there which means a few guaranteed to go through.

Swindle will not relish the trip to Dartford!

It is but it`s a pity it`s not at home - guaranteed TV if it was.

58 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is but it`s a pity it`s not at home - guaranteed TV if it was.

Yes. I actually went to college in Falmouth and have a couple of mates still there. They are Falmouth Town fans and hate Truro with a passion. So much for Cornish solidarity!

When I  started this thread it was to keep an eye on the likes of Brislington, W-S-M and Bath etc. I expected casualties along the way, but didn't think that after just three months City would be the only local team still involved in this season's FA Cup.

I would just like to point out that one of my favourite City players of recent years, Jon Stead, didn't forget his loyalties and duly scored  for Notts County against the Blue Few last night, helping to knock them out. Thanks Jon, you always gave 100% for us. Once a Red always a Red!!

44 minutes ago, 22A said:

Round 2 draw at 7.00pm on BBC 2 Monday evening. Any City loanees at clubs in the draw?

What's noticeable for me is that we allowed all our loanees to play for their teams yesterday. Although only half season loans currently in the main, suggests we have, as long as they're getting game time, no huge intent of keeping Moore, McCoulskey etc for the second half of the season as we've tended to put fringe players in for the cup games

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Truro`s dream ended today too - beaten 3-1 at Charlton.

Yes, gutting for them as they we’re well in the game at 2-1 and Charlton’s 3rd was against the run of play.  I hope they finally  get the new stadium sorted & continue their quest to become a league club. Cornwall is crying out for a decent stadium for Football & Rugby. 

17 minutes ago, Chris said:

Yes, gutting for them as they we’re well in the game at 2-1 and Charlton’s 3rd was against the run of play.  I hope they finally  get the new stadium sorted & continue their quest to become a league club. Cornwall is crying out for a decent stadium for Football & Rugby. 

They still have nowhere to play at the end of this season - they have to leave Treyew Road and no-one`s made a start on the Stadium For Cornwall yet so there`s no chance of that being ready. It`s looking like a groundshare with Torquay or Bodmin depending on what league Truro end up in next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41831852

Just a reminder folks the draw for Round 3 (when City enter the competition) is at 7.00pm on Monday on BBC 2.

The only other localish teams still involved have their 2nd round ties this weekend.

Newport County v Cambridge
Port Vale v Yeovil
Stevenage v Swindon
Forest Green v Exeter

Just finished watching Notts Co v Oxford City on cricfree,  Notts won 3 - 2 with a very late time added on goal.  It was a good game and I felt sorry for Oxford as they came back twice and looked like getting a replay and being in the 3 rd round draw,  but it wasn't to be.

Archived