IGNORED

Bijan Ebrahimi

Mr Popodopolous

Seems IPCC report confirmed what we already knew. In the Nationals in last day or 2.

Police failed him. Some say was racism- Do I think police were racist? No. Do I think they failed him, dismissed him too easily? Well it seems that way.

Council are being looked at for their failings also.

As an aside, all very well for people to say they have full, or total faith in police but cases like this don't help. Broadly think they get most right though. Still a terrible case this one.

Do I have any evidence? No. I know as much as what people would have read in paper.

Well I'm not convinced it's racist, Seems to be more a case of victim ignoring, possibly even victim blaming. Perhaps unconscious bias? People who killed him were racist obviously, but police failings were manifest. Commissioner believed it racist, report didn't exactly seem to specify it as such.

That's the problem with institutional racism/sexism cases when it's inaction of police/local council in dealing with issues. Loads of cases where women being stalked gets dismissed as them being paranoid, and only when a violent crime gets committed against them is action taken, of which then it's too late. Similar as with this case where he repeatedly informed the police that he was a victim of hate crimes yet they didn't log it as continued crime.

Any sort of complaint that the police deal with should have been monitored with the utmost seriousness in which this case wasn't, and ultimately there needs to be questions and answers to why this wasn't.

Hopefully, the findings of the IPCC can change any racist "hallmarks" they have found and directly change this so we never have another horribly sickening case like this again. 

From the reports I`ve seen/read it looks more like a case of `God, not him again` and the seriousness of the allegations not being appreciated. There are striking similarities to the Helen Pearson case in Exeter where she was stabbed by her stalker after reporting him to the police numerous times and being fobbed off. Thankfully she survived but no thanks to them.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You are completely contradicting yourself! 

Broomhill - a man (who wasted police time over and over and over again, incidentally. "Boy who cried wolf") was the target of thugs who had made up/believed lies that they'd heard and the outcome was horrific. 

Henbury Gas - a Troll, who made up lies, posted them on a forum behind the anonymity of his keyboard to cause bad feeling and reputational damage to an innocent party. Found out, outed and deserves whatever comes his way as a result of his actions. 

One was an innocent (if not annoying) victim. 

The other, a vindictive spiteful, troll who was out to cause damage to the reputation of another party, based on lies that he had concocted and fed out as truth. 

if you are talking about the iranian, he didn't waste police time, small sections of the force from officer,PCSO and call handler chose to ignore his plea's for help

Just now, Monkeh said:

if you are talking about the iranian, he didn't waste police time, small sections of the force from officer,PCSO and call handler chose to ignore his plea's for help

Not entirely true, although yes, at the time of the fatal incident, there was fault to varying degrees. This however, was due to the victims regular & excessive wasting of police time on many occasions prior to the night that has been very well publicised. 

(Some) Good police officers have lost their careers over this incident, rightly or wrongly, in some cases. 

As I said, it highlights the "boy who cried wolf" in the most tragic possible way. 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not entirely true, although yes, at the time of the fatal incident, there was fault to varying degrees. This however, was due to the victims regular & excessive wasting of police time on many occasions prior to the night that has been very well publicised. 

(Some) Good police officers have lost their careers over this incident, rightly or wrongly, in some cases. 

As I said, it highlights the "boy who cried wolf" in the most tragic possible way. 

I can tell you now, he wasn't wasting police time, the police failed him, he didn't cry wolf, the police didn't investigate it, hence why officers were sacked and jailed and the IPCC found that the force had failed him,

If the police did their job correctly and too their procedure then this gentleman wouldn't of been murdered in the most horrific way,

I'm sorry pal you are wrong on this occasion 

Just now, Monkeh said:

I can tell you now, he wasn't wasting police time, the police failed him, he didn't cry wolf, the police didn't investigate it, hence why officers were sacked and jailed and the IPCC found that the force had failed him,

If the police did their job correctly and too their procedure then this gentleman would of been murdered in the most horrific way,

I'm sorry pal you are wrong on this occasion 

You clearly have some inside knowledge of the history leading up to the horrific night in question, as do I. 

It appears our info differs somewhat, so you'll have your insight and I have mine. 

Ultimitely, he was failed, of course and the conclusion was horrific. 

A man died and people lost careers. Let's not discuss it any further on here, it's a bit too far removed from football to be suitable. 

I actually gave evidence to the IPCC investigator in this case. I didn't know the victim but have been treated with similar disregard by some of the Police involved, indeed the PCSO was jailed. Personally I can't believe some of the others in that Police station (Brislington, which has since closed down) have kept their jobs, I know of 2 who weren't named but retired pretty swiftly.

I don't think it was particularly racist, I had years and years of dealing with them about a problem neighbours who has since been charged with assault and harassment. I think they were plain lazy. They liked being police officers without doing the work I'm sad to say. These lot have tarnished my view of the police and its taken a lot to build up trust again. The neighbour problem is still ongoing, indeed only 3 days ago I had to involve the Police again, I won't hold my breath.

On 06/07/2017 at 14:11, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems IPCC report confirmed what we already knew. In the Nationals in last day or 2.

Police failed him. Some say was racism- Do I think police were racist? No. Do I think they failed him, dismissed him too easily? Well it seems that way.

Council are being looked at for their failings also.

As an aside, all very well for people to say they have full, or total faith in police but cases like this don't help. Broadly think they get most right though. Still a terrible case this one.

I cannot think of a worse case of Police misconduct, and failing to protect a member of the public, based on what I have read about this case.

I am surprised Avon & Somerset have not been done as an accessory to murder.

I would go as far as to suggest the Chief Constable should have gone over the matter.

Goes to the heart of what the Police are actually there to do ............

:disapointed2se:

tfj

21 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I cannot think of a worse case of Police misconduct, and failing to protect a member of the public, based on what I have read about this case.

I am surprised Avon & Somerset have not been done as an accessory to murder.

I would go as far as to suggest the Chief Constable should have gone over the matter.

Goes to the heart of what the Police are actually there to do ............

:disapointed2se:

tfj

Is hard to tell with your posts sometimes whether you are flippant or serious.

Regardless I agree, big failings here.

On 08/07/2017 at 15:49, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is hard to tell with your posts sometimes whether you are flippant or serious.

Regardless I agree, big failings here.

:dunno:

No I am being serious - I actually take a 'dim view' of the Police standing by and doing nothing when innocent people are being bullied and cruelly murdered.

Investigation did not go far enough.

Questions should be asked about oversight from senior officers.

It's as bad as the ambulance service leaving someone dying in the street.

tfj

2 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

:dunno:

No I am being serious - I actually take a 'dim view' of the Police standing by and doing nothing when innocent people are being bullied and cruelly murdered.

Investigation did not go far enough.

Questions should be asked about oversight from senior officers.

It's as bad as the ambulance service leaving someone dying in the street.

tfj

Then we agree.

It's pretty terrible case with no real defence.

On 7/6/2017 at 15:28, RedDave said:

I don't understand how you can dismiss this as not racist.  

Doubt we will ever know whether it was racism or not but do you have any evidence to say it wasn't?

if it is racism then so is the actions of the council who got so fed up with him in the same way that the police did who arrested him, the council served an ASBO on him which gave the police the power to arrest him.

Yet again an ordinary Joe severely let down by the people who should have been there to protect him and with devastating consequences, the problem for me is the police officers on the ground quite rightly have been dealt with but as usual the supervisors of these officers have escaped all punishment which is the norm and how about somebody's in the council being charged or losing their jobs for their racism/incompetence?.

Sadly it is the same incompetence/PC attitude that surrounds Rochdale, Rotherham and even Grenfell towers, not enough people who shirk their responsibilities are held accountable and those that are held accountable are the ones the most under pressure, the ones with rank or title get away with it far too often.

Well the authorities have now decided it was “institutional racism” and it’s all over the news today.

Sorry if there’s another thread. I haven’t seen it.

i must admit my view at the time was not racism, but deliberately ignoring someone who perhaps appeared to be paranoid, but evidently wasn’t.

On 18/12/2017 at 18:22, Leveller said:

Well the authorities have now decided it was “institutional racism” and it’s all over the news today.

Sorry if there’s another thread. I haven’t seen it.

i must admit my view at the time was not racism, but deliberately ignoring someone who perhaps appeared to be paranoid, but evidently wasn’t.

I absolutely stand by my views in post 11 of this thread. Seeing Marvin The Mayor on the news made me so furious that I tweeted him to tell him it wasn’t particularly racist, more the case of the police and the council being so poor at their jobs. No reply. 

Archived