IGNORED

NHS - wrong priorities?

22A

BBC Points West
Fancy earning £180k?!
The NHS in Gloucestershire is recruiting a "Director of people" with an "attractive salary" and 41 days leave. The salary is about 6 times that of the highest paid Nurse in the NHS.

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust says it "is an important appointment for the Trust at a critical period in the delivery of NHS services locally."

Pause

-0:39

9 minutes ago, 22A said:
BBC Points West
Fancy earning £180k?!
The NHS in Gloucestershire is recruiting a "Director of people" with an "attractive salary" and 41 days leave. The salary is about 6 times that of the highest paid Nurse in the NHS.

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust says it "is an important appointment for the Trust at a critical period in the delivery of NHS services locally."

Pause

Boils my piss that does.  HR are a bunch of parasites that contribute nothing to the business in every business I've worked in.  

There was a discussion at one of our family dinners;  would  we/they (the NHS) be better off spending some of their money in different areas, for example instead of end of life care giving some people no real quality of life ( just keeping them alive expensively for the sake of it) a lump sum to go out and enjoy themselves in their waning years and then allow euthanasia. I have no personal desire to be kept alive for 10, 20 or 30 years in the kind of state/condition I see some of my older family members going through (or in some cases for those who have passed away had to endure). Give me a lump sum, let me enjoy the end of my life, visit do stuff and go out with a bang, content with a smile on my face please - contentious I know, but I cant' be alone in thinking this.

2 hours ago, Nibor said:

Boils my piss that does.  HR are a bunch of parasites that contribute nothing to the business in every business I've worked in.  

... worse than nothing, IMO - actually a negative impact.

Some years ago a troubled Avis recruited a new MD. His first action was to sack the HR department and burn the HR manuals and policies. Later on as Avis recovered and was booming more recruitment was needed so he allowed an assistant to help with adverts, interviews etc.. Growth continued and more recruitment was required. Another assistant was required, but the MD insisted that the two sat at opposite corners of the building - his logic being that if you let them sit together before long you'd end up with an HR department gain and another load of daft rules.

7 minutes ago, Calculus said:

... worse than nothing, IMO - actually a negative impact.

Some years ago a troubled Avis recruited a new MD. His first action was to sack the HR department and burn the HR manuals and policies. Later on as Avis recovered and was booming more recruitment was needed so he allowed an assistant to help with adverts, interviews etc.. Growth continued and more recruitment was required. Another assistant was required, but the MD insisted that the two sat at opposite corners of the building - his logic being that if you let them sit together before long you'd end up with an HR department gain and another load of daft rules.

Sounds like a smart man.  You can tell when a function is worthless when the people in it start re-titling themselves - "HR Business Partner" is my favourite chuckle.

Or spending money on ambulances.  Sitting in hospital now after waiting close to 4 hours for a ambulance to arrive to my 67 year old dad who fell playing table tennis and looks like he has done his hip In. Couldn't move and was led on cold floor.  Never known anything like it  

6 hours ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Or spending money on ambulances.  Sitting in hospital now after waiting close to 4 hours for a ambulance to arrive to my 67 year old dad who fell playing table tennis and looks like he has done his hip In. Couldn't move and was led on cold floor.  Never known anything like it  

Sadly so many people abuse the ambulance service they could never have enough. People calling them out because their children have headaches, or someone cut themselves, or just feeling generally unwell  (or my great aunt and uncle who have sever mobility issues and call then out at least a couple of times a month when they fall because they are attempting something they shouldn't).    The service needs to have a public awareness campaign and also some tough love and charge people abusing the service. 

14 hours ago, 22A said:
BBC Points West
Fancy earning £180k?!

Pause

Similar in my company. Paid huge wages to basically organise parties and charity events. Contribute nothing in terms of business productivity. World gone mad.

22 hours ago, 22A said:
BBC Points West
Fancy earning £180k?!

Pause

For a start.

We would get a lot further if we ******* stopped calling people things like 'Director of People'.

This **** needs stamping out while there is any sanity left in the world.

It's 'Human Resources Director' i.e. 'Director of Nailing Folk to the Floor by their B*****ks'.

CALL IT WHAT IT REALLY IS.

:igiveup:

"FFS".

tfj

Archived