IGNORED

Aaron Pierre

Luxo Jr.

Not sure what the difference in standard is like between L2 and the Championship - sure there is one - but Pierre has been very mobile for Wycombe. For his size, he is notably quick-footed. He is big, though, so maybe, at your level, that translates into a bit ponderous. Slightly doubt it, though.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. And also Johnson might see Pierre as being an improvement on magnusson. So if we were to keep flint, we could sell or loan magnusson and have a stronger back up.

If Lee views this man as better than Magners & at least a match for Flint then he really is a wrong 'un.....

May come down to the lad himself; made a name at a lower level, and if we say "you'll be competing with two full internationals and a lad who has been pretty much ever-present for three years" he might fancy getting more game time, even if that means playing in league one.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

May come down to the lad himself; made a name at a lower level, and if we say "you'll be competing with two full internationals and a lad who has been pretty much ever-present for three years" he might fancy getting more game time, even if that means playing in league one.

Funnily enough, we (Wycombe) sold a 'keeper called Ingram to QPR two seasons back. Top player. Had zero league games and a couple in a Mickey Mouse cup for them last season. Real waste of talent. An interesting one for young players in our division. Clearly, the increase in wages will be enormous from us to the Championship. To what extent are you likely to turn that down in order to be more confident of regular football, knowing that one injury could end your career? Possibly a first-world problem, but, assuming one has some confidence in one's ability to push for a place in the team, I think most players will take the team in the higher league, all else being equal.

That said, I hope you don't offer him a contract and he comes back to us.

On 09/07/2017 at 10:56, Red Right Hand said:

Exactly and who`d heard of Riyad Mahrez three years ago?

PNE seem to have got it right with Tom Barkhuizen they bought from Morecambe so they are out there. Sam Clucas for instance was playing for Chesterfield two years ago and played 37 times in the prem last season.

And more at home Adomah from Barnet, Spurs I think are pretty happy with Deli Ali from MK Dons. Its not like we are going to tempt Ronaldo or Messi instead".........

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

A desperate need to criticise.

Quite sad really. 

Its the modern age.  Far better to sign someone from overseas that no one has ever heard of than give a lower league player a chance.  After all, what successful footballers have ever come out of the lower divisions?  I can't think of any, can you?

8 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

I trust my own judgement..he would really struggle with the pace of Championship football..

When Flint first came he was accused of being a donkey and not having the pace for the Championship. John Terry's had square wheels his whole career and been brilliant. 80% of being a good centre back is in the head. The last little bit is the difference between a Rio Ferdinand or Sol Campbell and the rest.

I've got no idea if Pierre has what it takes at this level, I've never seen him play. All I know is that that question will be answered by how good he is between the ears, rather than how fast he can sprint... and in answering that question in Johnson I trust.

Just now, Dunc said:

When Flint first came he was accused of being a donkey and not having the pace for the Championship. John Terry's had square wheels his whole career and been brilliant. 80% of being a good centre back is in the head. The last little bit is the difference between a Rio Ferdinand or Sol Campbell and the rest.

I've got no idea if Pierre has what it takes at this level, I've never seen him play. All I know is that that question will be answered by how good he is between the ears, rather than how fast he can sprint... and in answering that question in Johnson I trust.

Johnson out..

Archived