IGNORED

Aaron Pierre

Luxo Jr.

8 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

While appreciating the genuine benefits of offering a player a trial (benefits that is both for the club and player) the stated reasoning (our strength in numbers in his position) for not taking this any further, in this particular case, does seem somewhat odd.

I am not knocking LJ, or anybody else, everyone knows who we already have within the club so offering a trial to a player who plays where we already have five, six or seven established players (reflecting the points made above about existing players strongest positions) does seem to me to be strange.

I agree. Perhaps there was an offer received for flint and this trial was set up as back up, but the offer fell through, didn't meet our expectations etc. Ie they learnt from the Kodjia experience. Someone on another forum was compaining that Flint looked unhappy/his mind elsewhere at manor farm. Perhaps that has now been resolved and thus why no contract offered to this chap?

1 hour ago, Buckeyed said:

He may well see Moore as a right back - I remember him playing there last season and I think he did too whilst out on loan.

I hope not, didn't look comfortable at all when he played there for us. I prefer Vyner there. I just can't see a game for our young defenders and that's what bothers me. Sign them on 3 year deals and by the time they come good they can go or reject a new contract looking for games 

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Should already have been scouted last season

When scouting a player they should be watched several times.. with the greatest of respect I'm glad we didn't have a scout going to Wycombe for weeks on end. Having trials is a legitimate way to judge a players ability in depth, I guess some posters just want to pick fault where there isn't any.

22 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Do we?  I'm struggling to think of anyone, so can you name names?

Well no doubt you'll correct me but I was under the opinion that Pitman & Bolasie weren't up to it for us & wanted away because of the lack of game time.

26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Signed for Northampton

I'm not saying this makes LJ right, and am aware Northampton have come into money so are among the bigger payers at that level, but the fact he's not gone higher/to a bigger club (even to a Blackburn/Pompey at that level) suggests he's not ready at this point for the championship. Not saying he won't be, but there is little sense in signing him and blocking Vyner/Moores route to the first team when he may take a year to adapt/step up and they could get the experience.

On that basis, completely understand the decision not to take him on and seems a fair shout impartially.

Archived