IGNORED

Aaron Pierre

Luxo Jr.

On 08/07/2017 at 00:04, Passing through said:

Thanks for all the replies.

Would love to tell you he's shit and we're glad to be rid of him but he's not and we're not! There's actually a new contract on the table for him here if he decides to stay and we'd love him to take it, but we've seen this day coming for 18 months and understand this is the way of the world. The only regret is that he'll go without a fee, being out of contract. But that's no-one's fault and don't blame him for wanting to move upwards.

I quite like a bright goalie shirt, as it happens! The away one this season was a lively affair, too. We had a Chelsea loanee fill it and it worked for him. He was brilliant:about 6' 7" and agile as anything. Saved about half the penalties he faced - and we give a lot away (not Pierre, mostly!) - and made some really top-class saves. Jamal Blackman was his name. Young kid. Probably looking for another loan club higher up than us this season, being about number 5 or 6 on the list at Chelsea. You could do a lot worse if you're looking...

Cheers,will watch him with interest today...

Can you please give Lee a nudge about the keeper!

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know it's not any indication of ability or potential but can anyone name an ex-Brentford centre back who went to Wycombe and then on to better things. 

We are so quick to judge on here. 

Alfie Mawson?

5 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Didnt Leicester take a gamble on some bloke names Vardy?

Exactly and who`d heard of Riyad Mahrez three years ago?

PNE seem to have got it right with Tom Barkhuizen they bought from Morecambe so they are out there. Sam Clucas for instance was playing for Chesterfield two years ago and played 37 times in the prem last season.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I know it's not any indication of ability or potential but can anyone name an ex-Brentford centre back who went to Wycombe and then on to better things. 

Good post.

City fan on Twitter said to me this is the sort of player Barnsley sign, then sell for over £3m a year later..

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Exactly and who`d heard of Riyad Mahrez three years ago?

PNE seem to have got it right with Tom Barkhuizen they bought from Morecambe so they are out there. Sam Clucas for instance was playing for Chesterfield two years ago and played 37 times in the prem last season.

Seem to remember we bought Adomah from Barnet

At least judge Pierre from his performances.  Might be one of those players who understands the game and the better players he play alongside the better he play. Perhaps his WWFC teammates drag him down a bit?

Of course if he's crap vs BMF today, feel free to simply type "Downs League" :P

There are good players in lower leagues. Barnsley got a starter from Torquay. It's about scouting and judging how you think they'd play with and against better players. What attributes do they have that would translate to championship football? I don't know much about Pierre other than he was rated as one of the better defenders in that league and seems quite big strong and athletic. Those traits fit. Do the scouting team see areas of his game that can be improved  easily with our coaches? There are many factors when it comes to judging a player. If we did sign Pierre I'd think that's good business considering he'd be on lower wages coming from L2 and would cost nothing to sign. 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

At least judge Pierre from his performances.  Might be one of those players who understands the game and the better players he play alongside the better he play. Perhaps his WWFC teammates drag him down a bit?

Of course if he's crap vs BMF today, feel free to simply type "Downs League" :P

Any news on how he did today ?

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You say that, but I'm still undecided about Marlon Pack (shite or actually, he's alright?). I'll give it one more season, just to be sure.

Just now, City Mike said:

Looked solid and composed, but was only Manor farm

Just saw Johnsons interview , reading between the lines is he going to let him go ? 

Talking about good , strong but got other offers etc , need to have a chat to him.

9 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Just saw Johnsons interview , reading between the lines is he going to let him go ? 

Talking about good , strong but got other offers etc , need to have a chat to him.

Yep, didn't sound like we would be taking our interest any further after hearing the interview. 

When we sold Kodjia many fans accused the club of being caught unawares and signing Engvall in panic. If the same thing was to happen with Flint (an offer on transfer deadline day that we can't refuse) then they would be open to the same accusations and we would be left without a centre half of the same type. I would think that Pierre would be a reasonably cheap insurance policy against that circumstance if he impresses.

10 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

9 hours ago, Evy11_BCFC said:

Yep, didn't sound like we would be taking our interest any further after hearing the interview. 

I thought the opposite. Sounds like he'd like to keep him here but wary he might get a better offer. Reckon we will offer him a contract.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I thought the opposite. Sounds like he'd like to keep him here but wary he might get a better offer. Reckon we will offer him a contract.

Yes, I think you have to tread a thin line on these things, if you sound too enthusiastic you show your hand to the player and his agent(s). That might be fine for a Diedhiou but not for a squad player like Pierre.

15 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

He looked very composed on the ball . Obviously very strong in the challenge and the air. Granted it was only BMF . But I was impressed 

Big unit,passed the ball out well I thought but my concern,mobility at the higher level- he has the turning circle of the Queen Mary...

46 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Big unit,passed the ball out well I thought but my concern,mobility at the higher level- he has the turning circle of the Queen Mary...

He certainly was a big unit . Agree. It was hard to properly judge given the opposition . But I can see why he would have a few offers on the table.

Archived